Nappy Bins for Adult Nappies?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkhouse43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with finding a nappy bin which was suitable to use with adult nappies?!

I mainly wear Tena Maxi and Ultima Slips so they can be quite large.

I was looking at the 'Sangenic Tommee Tippee - Twist & Click Nappy Disposal System' online, looks like it might be a good solution?

Ta. :)

This question pops up a lot (in different forms)

I use a simple Foot Pedal Garbage Can

All I have to do is step on the Foot Pedal and drop a Diaper in it and the top comes back down and seals the smells inside

I go through about 1 full sized Can per week, sometimes doing two 1/2 full cans instead (so they dont break from the weight of the used Diapers)

I think it was on sale for $20 for 2 Garbage Cans, I use the Larger One and it's been working pretty good

Even at the end of the week I would have to be next to it with a bag full of Wet and Messy diapers to actually smell it

Reactions: BigKid25 and bunkhouse43
I have a Diaper Dekor Plus, which I use without the insert. Works well for me; I have a wet bag that fits inside when I’m using cloth diapers.

I use a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot and put a screw on gamma lid on it. I use it to store my poopy diapers until trash day. I have 2 buckets set up the same way just in case I have a bad week. Normally, I can fit 8 poopy diapers in one bucket and that is 1 weeks worth of poopy diapers.

Unless you want the babyish side of the world of disposal...Sangenic do adult product bins
...I'm going to say now (actually) it'd be foolish to buy a bin for adult products if it's designed for baby ones as the bagging-assisting openings are usually designed to 'take' a certain size of nappy ...just flagging that!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Akord/Jannibel Diaper disposal system. It uses a continuous liner like a diaper genie. They are expensive new, i bought mine for $50 and it came with almost 2 cases of liners, which last about 4 months for me. I have the 400 series disposal can

I use the Sangenic bin. It's a great solution for medical nappies but the opening can be a bit tight for ABDL-style ones. The small one will start to get a bit full with just 6 nappies in but it's an ideal size to keep in the bathroom. The bags contain the smell perfectly and are pretty strong so don't tear. The cartridges last quite some time but just be sure always to have a spare on hand because there's no marking to warn that it's running low.

I use the Akord as well and it works slick!

I used to use a Diaper Genie, but because of the size and weight of wet adult diapers, emptying the Genie was at times a chore - heavy, individually wrapped sausages In a long string, and hard to handle. I am not faulting the diaper genie as it is very good for what it was designed for - baby diapers. It works for adult diapers, but has it’s drawbacks when used this way. This Is my OPINION of The Diaper Genie, and because it is an OPINION, your OPINION is just as valid as mine. I tend to have an overflow of plastic bags, so I am now using them instead of the Diaper Genie. A plastic bag holds two wet adult sized diapers, making them easy to dispose of. All the diaper disposal systems mentioned above are probably good ones, as they are liked by their users. You can find diaper disposal systems on just about any adult diaper site so if this is the way you want to go, investigate all you can find, and choose the one that best suits your needs.

AvrilNigaud said:
I used to use a Diaper Genie, but because of the size and weight of wet adult diapers, emptying the Genie was at times a chore - heavy, individually wrapped sausages In a long string, and hard to handle. I am not faulting the diaper genie as it is very good for what it was designed for - baby diapers. It works for adult diapers, but has it’s drawbacks when used this way. This Is my OPINION of The Diaper Genie, and because it is an OPINION, your OPINION is just as valid as mine. I tend to have an overflow of plastic bags, so I am now using them instead of the Diaper Genie. A plastic bag holds two wet adult sized diapers, making them easy to dispose of. All the diaper disposal systems mentioned above are probably good ones, as they are liked by their users. You can find diaper disposal systems on just about any adult diaper site so if this is the way you want to go, investigate all you can find, and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Good advice... i went years using a generic diaper pail i got at babies-r-us... it did the job for years

Dekor Plus is what I use. Depending on how many changes and size, expect it to fill up 2-4 times a week. Like others have said, liner bags are expensive though buying In bulk on Amazon can lower the price.

For cloth, a five gallon bucket with a lid. Note the lid is really important!

I fill it 1/3 full of water and add 1-2 cups white vinegar. Wash every three days. Tried the dry pail route and had to wear PPE on wash day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: diapernh
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back