Pros and Cons of 2 tape vs. 4 tape diapers

Kayleigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I’m debating about ordering abu bunny hops diapers which come in either a 2 tape or 4 tape design. I’d love to hear which design is more comfortable, leaks less, fits better, looks better, etc.

The only consistent Pro for 2 Tape Diapers is that they do feel more Babyish, since Baby Diapers only have 2 Tapes and Adult ones have 4 Tapes (and then there have even been 6 Tape ones, but 4 is Standard)

4 tapes are gonna be better for the majority of people as far as Fit and therefore Function, but I have found that 2 Tape ones have been usable for me; they just dont seem to be ideal for some people

Reactions: DLinSecret and Deleted member 51008
Kayleigh said:
I’m debating about ordering abu bunny hops diapers which come in either a 2 tape or 4 tape design. I’d love to hear which design is more comfortable, leaks less, fits better, looks better, etc.
I was told two tape diapers fit a slender body and four tapes fits body’s with more curves. I have tried both like cushies are two tape they fit ok but tykables overnights fit much better and those are four tapes. I always wanted to try bunny hopes let me know how it turns out.

Reactions: Deleted member 51008
I have tried both 2 and 4 tape Bunny Hops,
The 4 tapes fit in a more snug way and they seem to hold better than the 2 tape variant.

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 51008
You wanna feel like a baby go 2
You wanna have the protection and diaper fit of a baby with an adult body and bladder go 4

Reactions: TigerDL and irnub
2- or 4-tape, they all fit the same way on me: I prefer my diapers to look babyish as far as fit, 2-tape diapers accomplish that well...and when it comes to 4-tape diapers, the top tapes get taped first, snugly around my waist and then the bottom tapes are brought in and right smack below the top tapes for the perfect toddler diaper look. I'm a baby so I wanna look the part perfectly. 💕 🥰 🧸 🍼

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DiaperedDiscreetly, TigerDL and DippyDawg
I disliked the two tapes\ for my body i am not the biggest guy but i like the bottom and the top being snug not just the middle part\

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Again I think back...
First diaper depends = 6 tapes wouldn’t want any less
Real Adult Diapers = 4 tapes, how is this ever going to work, actually fits great and keeps a tight fit preventing leaks, who needs 6 tapes
AB Diapers = 2 Tapes, I now understand why babies have blow outs, these poor 2 taps hanging on for dear life. I need to pee but might as well go directly on the floor.

again my opinion,YMMV

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: DiaperedDiscreetly and BobbiSueEllen
@Kayleigh - great thread!!! The 2 & 4 tape debate continues lol, I personally like 2 tape diapers for during the day time, I think body shape has a lot to do with them and performance, most 2 tape diapers wont go past 1500ml so for me its only a daytime diaper. what I find with two tapes is position, side folds and tape snugness.
Using a abu kiddo medium as a reference, and knowing that I'm about 6ft 1" tall with a 34" waist, trim body type with a fairly flat butt, no belly.
I like to have the top most portion of the diaper (talking about the elastic waste band) about 1.5" below my belly button, the back of the diaper, top most portion (back elastic band) is about 1" higher then the front. The tapes (since I'm taller) land on the upper most part of the taping panel, I make sure the sides of the diaper core are folded to create "pouch" or pocket so fluids can pool and travel toward the bottom rear, helps when you fold the diaper in a V long ways before wearing.
I also use this method with the bulkier 4 tape diapers, obviously I get better absorption, but wearing two tape diapers feels very comfortable and gives me less chaffing, plus the more frequent changes is healthier for my skin (1 change about every 4-6 hrs)

Thank you every baby.
i wish I could order a mix of 2 tape and 4 tape bunny hops without breaking the bank. I could order samples I guess but the unit price is so high.

thanks again.

It depends on the brand
ABU has very good 2 tab diapers ... Bunny Hops and SDK are both 2 tab and work great :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Diaperlover40
Call Helen at the diaper depot she may split package for you very nice to talk to and she ships. Very good with abdl’s

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, TigerDL and Kayleigh
KitsuneFox said:
It depends on the brand
ABU has very good 2 tab diapers ... Bunny Hops and SDK are both 2 tab and work great :)
I ordered a sample of the 2 tape and 4 tape bunnyhops
i’ll try them both

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, TigerDL, Deleted member 51008 and 1 other person
I would have to agree with most of the comments as well. Cushies were the first real diapers I bout. Wait SDK were the first ones I bought. Anyway I fell in love with them right away. At the time I was still tryi g to figure out things as far as the abdl world goes. Then I never thought of going out in public it was strictly for when I was at home. Also it was only when I was by myself then as well. They absolutely are very babyish and that was the appeal for me to get them. Back then I never really tested the limits of the diapers I used. I did however have some leaks here and they depending on the position I was in while wetting. As I progressed with it all and started to get more into the baby side of it all and wearing in public the two tape design for me just wasn't going to work. I haven't bought two tapes since then mainly because I wear wherever info when I do. For myself the four tape diapers fit much better and give the ability to adjust. I can get a tighter fit with them as well. It also gives me so much more confidence while out in public or sleeping because I know they will hold up and not leak. With that being said if I was a baby 24/7/365 and didn't have to work and I had a mommy to take care of me I would use the two tape diapers to complete the baby vibe. But that is simply not an option for me it more of a dream. Anyway hope this helps.

People wouldn't buy two tape adult nappies if they didn't really work
...that said I've tried some two-tapes: Cuddlz V1 and ABU Cushies (okay not really a number that's list worthy) ...interestingly whilst I can wear a four-tape (so far any four-tape) for three nights on the trot (fully using before the last morning) two-tape nappies (again so far it's been all I've tried) only last two nights or if you prefer after two nights the tapes feel like they're going to give but strain is going to happen even though I'm quite thin.
The best thing about a two-tape is just how quickly it can be put on, last two times I was with an fetish industry nurse I went with two-tape nappies for speed of change for ...certain reasons!!

Reactions: Kayleigh, BobbiSueEllen and daniel2885
Back