And Now, the Bad

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Remember the episode of SpongeBob where the Krusty Krab gets a TV commercial? Pearl plays a customer who complains that she has "all this money, but I don't know what to do with it!"

That's me.

My first SSI check came yesterday. I had made a very rough estimate of how much I thought it would be, if it was both a chunk of back pay and April's payment. I figured it would be around $1,000.

So imagine my surprise when I pulled out a check for $2,349. And then today, another came, this time for $522. Apparently the first was some back pay, and the second April's amount. It all seems like an awful lot, especially with how they're supposed to pay my lawyer.

Anyway, the very first thing I wanted to get was a Nintendo Switch. But apparently they're sold out everywhere. The combination of production slowdown in China due to Coronavirus, people buying them to keep busy while staying indoors, and the release of the newest Animal Crossing had created a shortage.

The second thing I wanted was a new tattoo. But the shops are closed.

What a long month it's going to be.

maybe invest in a pc, i love mine, more games, more options, and can get emulators for games for other consoles

or Build your own pc, better specs for the same money. and something to do

Reactions: jspoter
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
I pulled out a check for $2,349. And then today, another came, this time for $522.
BELOVED!!!🤑💘💝💓💞💕

What shall we spend it on?
😜

• Haha
Reactions: jspoter
China,s international mail system is significantly slowed down (for bussinesees and individuals) I hear only 7 percent of planes take off.

It seems we're going to be on quarantine longer than the estimated 2 months. (Can't be forever)

I'd try second hand stores for older game consoles or electronics. Just something for joy and entertainment until this passes. Or the things you want become available.
Might want to look into some new hobbies for the same reason.

Last edited:
stareegirl said:
China,s international mail system is significantly slowed down (for bussinesees and individuals) I hear only 7 percent of planes take off.

It seems we're going to be on quarantine longer than the estimated 2 months. (Can't be forever)

I'd try second hand stores for older game consoles or electronics. Just something for joy and entertainment until this passes. Or the things you want become available.
Might want to look into some new hobbies for the same reason.
I've got enough older systems and games, in fact I've been playing Okami on PS2 a little. I've just wanted a Switch for a while so I can play the newest Pokemon games, and now it's ironic that I have the money for it, and can't get one.

The second-hand shops are all closed down, by the way. And going thrifting is one of my favorite things. 😭

I spoke to an employee at a local Walmart today who said they are expecting Switches in about ten days.

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Anyway, the very first thing I wanted to get was a Nintendo Switch. But apparently they're sold out everywhere. The combination of production slowdown in China due to Coronavirus, people buying them to keep busy while staying indoors, and the release of the newest Animal Crossing had created a shortage.

The second thing I wanted was a new tattoo. But the shops are closed.

What a long month it's going to be.

Bank it, or stick it somewhere safe. You can hardly go wrong by saving it.

I know it seems like a lot but, it could be gone in an eye blink in a situation you wish you still had it.

Khaymen said:
Bank it, or stick it somewhere safe. You can hardly go wrong by saving it.

I know it seems like a lot but, it could be gone in an eye blink in a situation you wish you still had it.
Here's the thing... I'm not allowed to save it.

To be eligible for SSI, you can only have up to $2,000 in assets (cash, bonds, etc.) You're allowed nine months to spend your back payment. After that, if you still have more than $2,000, you get kicked off the program.

The only way around it is a special savings account called ABLE. But you have to have had your disability before age 26, and while I was diagnosed at 24, my lawyer might have screwed me out of eligibility by amending my date of onset to January 1, 2019... after I had turned 26.

Besides, I am very distrustful of banks and letting over people handle my money in general.

Back