Slipping into littlespace at school

griphixx

Tiny lmao
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but sometimes when I get really nervous or stressed out at school, I slip into littlespace.. this is starting to get really difficult to manage, as I can't do or take anything seriously (not to mention I don't want to like.. get caught..) hellpp šŸ˜£

Reactions: littledreamers333, siysiy, DiaperedWeeb97 and 1 other person
Itā€™s a coping mechanism so itā€™s understandable it happens, maybe have something little you can use for a moment and then re-focus on the task like maybe a colouring app on your phone or an adult colouring book to just scribble on for a moment to regain yourself

I use to get a little bit silly and little but then would look around and remember not the place little man... and then I started thinking about wearing to college which for me at the time was not the right thing to do

Reactions: AJFan2020 and LilxFawn
I do the same thing sometimes at work. Thankfully Iā€™m a total crybaby in and out of littlespace so if I cry or even get a bit whiny when things donā€™t work it isnā€™t abnormal šŸ˜. Thankfully Iā€™m good at hiding my littlespace from other people. I just do subtle things like use pretty pens, keep small plushies on my desk, and/or put stickers on my notebook. For me to get back into adult mode it helps to think about boring adult stuff like bills, work, and housework. It stresses me out a bit lol but it definitely makes me not feel little! But yeah sometimes I have a hard time managing it when Iā€™m super stressed. Iā€™ll sometimes even have to have a good cry in the bathroom so I donā€™t throw a tantrum at work like the grumpy toddler I am lol.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover, PampersboyLondon and griphixx
Thank goodness I've never slipped at school, especially into petspace. I happen to be really good at hiding it anyways. And I'm 5-7 in little age, so it shouldn't be too bothering. Since we take our backpacks in and out of class, I like to put little keychains like the beanie boo flippables and the tiny beanie boo keychains and attach them onto my bookbag so when we are going in/out of class I can play with them

this happens to me every day and i just ask to go to the counselors and she lets me suck on my paci and when i regain myself she gives me a bottle of water but im failing because lately i just cant regain myself and end up having my mom come pick me up

The first time I read this I didn't believe it was possible to just slip into littlespace.
Earlier today I was reading some replies on the site while I was sucking on my paci I remember looking at my hand and thinking it looked too big for a four year old and I couldn't understand what I was reading (I could read the words) so I laid down and grabbed my stuffie and was sucking on my paci and I guess I fell asleep when I woke up I couldn't believe it just happened like that, but I was calm and felt energized the tv was on playing paw patrol I didn't even remember turning on the tv or getting undressed down to just my diaper and t-shirt. It was so surreal is the only way I can explain it.

• Love
Reactions: griphixx
I slipped into little space in a hospital before surgery, the nurse came back with toys and a stuffed bear for my and called me nemo (a nickname I had when I was little ) she asked me if I had a nickname btw it was nice after surgery I drank apple juice and have crackers. Its kinda rare for me to slip into little space at day usually its more at night

• Love
Reactions: griphixx
kittygirl666 said:
this happens to me every day and i just ask to go to the counselors and she lets me suck on my paci and when i regain myself she gives me a bottle of water but im failing because lately i just cant regain myself and end up having my mom come pick me up
how do you bring this up with a counselor? I'm very scared they wouldn't understand or think it's weird or something.. :[

I don't even believe that I ever end up in "littlespace", because 98% of the time, ordinarily, I act like a 4 1/2 year old because of my Classic Autism, and of course, my ADHD doesn't help matters. I have a BA degree in Geography which is a complete joke, and I have way too many ex-college professors who thought I acted like a young child, but just sort of dealt with it. It wasn't unusual for me to have a pacifier in my shirt or pants pocket in high school, or in university, for that matter. Like, everyone knew I had this love of pacifiers in high school. Surprisingly, I was a student body rep (we had maybe 35-40 of them out of a school of around 910 students) and I was the school's weatherman on the PA system (I always was into weather / meteorology), and a Homecoming Prince, and I was actually among 10 students who got a most valuable student award at the end of the year - being that any grade level was eligible, to be one of those ten (among 910 students) is impressive. Honestly, I felt like a preschooler with a kiddie backpack going to university. I might as well have been going to nursery school. I would say that I was even a "problem child" for a lot of college instructors. It can be very difficult when one has Autism. As much as I was loved by my high school (presumably because I did a lot for my high school), I can't say the same things for the university that I graduated from. I went to more than one state university, one near my parents' home and another 110 miles away that I graduated from. The one I stayed in the college residence apartment dorm complex when I lived away from home, the students were not very nice to me. I got called the R word hundreds, maybe thousands of times. Some of these students were lazy and unmotivated - and partied drinking and took marijuana way too much....some never even graduated. But I graduated. I'm not going to blame myself for being like a 4 1/2 year old emotionally and socially, when I can't help myself and it was the bullies' fault. There is a difference in actively setting your maturity aside and acting like a baby; and actually not being able to help yourself and unconsciously acting like a young child even when you don't want to. I still live with my parents, and my mom complains semi-jokingly sometimes that it's unfair she had to take care of a 4 year old for 40 years. I dressed in ordinary shirts and pants, albeit more like what a college age adult would wear perhaps (even though I'm in my mid 40s). I did have this longall made for me a few years back by a mom on eBay. I also found these vintage Start Rite dark green T strap shoes on eBay, and I decided to be a mommy friend's Autistic son's lookalike for Halloween. He has Classic Autism and ADHD just like me. He's 8 chronologically now. He acts like a 2 year old sometimes yet he is very smart in certain areas. He is a whiz when it comes to Geography too - knows all the flags of all the countries, the countries, the capitals, etc. Anyway, he wore long-alls and jon jons and T strap shoes till he was 5 1/2 (he lives in Eastern North Carolina, and those kinds of outfits are more popular in the Deep South and even the Carolinas), so with his mom's blessings, I decided to be a lookalike. I never wore that outfit except Halloween. However, the COVID 19 pandemic isolation situation really made me go crazy, I had a stomach ulcer for 4 weeks in April 2020, almost started bleeding, and that was the last straw. Now I'm wearing the outfit and shoes virtually every week at my local county park, and....I really don't care what people think of me anymore. Interestingly, no one has said anything to me negative and a few people really actually said they loved my outfit, particularly my shoes. I'm trying to get more long-alls made eventually and I'm trying to get some children's shoe companies in Spain to make me some burnt orange colored leather T strap shoes.

So I wouldn't say there's any point I'm in littlespace, as, if that was case, then I would always be in that. My attention span is lousier than a 6 year old. In some ways, emotionally and socially and even a little mentally, I might be even less than a 4 1/2 year old. I'm sure most actual 4 year olds can figure out and understand that I have a developmental disability. I don't wear diapers though - totally potty trained. Although I might become incontinent as I get older, but that can happen to anyone really. I love watching some children's cartoons like Little Bear, Teletubbies, Pink Panther, etc.

- longallsboy

Reactions: littleph0enix
griphixx said:
I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but sometimes when I get really nervous or stressed out at school, I slip into littlespace.. this is starting to get really difficult to manage, as I can't do or take anything seriously (not to mention I don't want to like.. get caught..) hellpp šŸ˜£

I spent so much time in school hating being in classroom full of boys instead of girls I was constantly distracted, and unhappy. I could not manage or control it and my teachers soon realised that I had concentration issues. Still want to be a girlā€¦still have concentration issues.

Many teenagers experience stress at school, a lot of scientific papers have been written on this topic and there seem to be ways to deal with it, but so far I have not found an effective way for myself.

griphixx said:
I do have this problem, when i do though, since i carry a watch in my backpack which has a watch with rubber on the straps of the watch, and pacifiers ( the part you suck on) is made of rubber i take the watch straps and chew a little on the straps. I dont know if this would work for you since everyone is different but that is what I do.

I do this too during my online classes. Thankfully I donā€™t usually need my camera or mic on so I can just cuddle with my teddy and use my binky till I can handle big things again. Slipping is one of the many reasons I need online classes since social situations cause too much stress for me and Iā€™d never be able to concentrate/stay big in person.

I tend to slip when stressed or extremely happy, the only person i can be even slightly little around is my Gf and she doesn't know either. I have slipped in school before and i went to the nurse and had my mom pick me up because i "Felt faint". The bad thing is no one knows i'm a little and my little age is 2-5 so it is really hard to not be obvious i'm regressed. I can't carry any items ether because of the amount of stuff i have in my bag. I went home and went to my room with some snacks and watched a movie and took a nap. My mom walked in (I had cleaned up my little space items) but my sippy cup and paci were still out. She did not notice and i had to go back to school. :( I have been handing a lot of stress lately and it is becoming harder and harder to stay big in school. Any ways to help me stay big in school, i am open to suggestions.

griphixx said:

I have definitely found a correlation between daily life stressors and my desire to regress. When things are well, I still enjoy diapering up occasionally, but the desire for littlespace is stronger when there's a lot going on. My advice would be to plan a time that day when you know you will have the freedom to regress, and try to save yourself mentally for that time. It sounds silly, but knowing that I'll have my day off to regress makes the workday before a whole lot more bearable.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Back