Where did your interest in diapers begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember doing a poo in my nappy when I wasn't toilet trained. Those memories always stayed with me and eventually led to me wanting to recreate the experience. After that, it's always been a part of me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
About age 5 or so, I remember wanting to be made/permitted to wear diapers. It later came around again around age 14, and then I discovered our community

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and ABbilly
For me it all started when I first saw 2 boys my age wearing only a diaper and pulling a little red wagon with a extra large display box as a advertisement float in a parade, I was 6 or 7 years old at that time and I wanted to wear diapers just like that, I spent my youth sneaking diapers from the baby’s room in our house so I had a diaper to wear.
I was caught wearing diapers many times growing up and punished.
Was not until I was a teenager when I purchased my very first box of pampers which I was promptly caught with, seems the store clerk told my parents what I had purchased.
I was 20 or 21 when I first found adult diapers and I haven’t been without diapers since.

Reactions: fakename, BobbiSueEllen and ABbilly
Ive posted this like twenty times on here but love posting it again. As an 80's child and then un-diagnosed lightly autistic child, i didn't potty train easily and was threatened by my mother to be put back in diapers if I couldn't stop. Needless to say she did follow up with the threat and was put back in diapers till I was four or five which secretly I loved. I would sneak them from family friends and neighbors houses occasionally and only when I was older would finally accept them as part of my life

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
i was a bed wetter from the word go right up till i was 15 or so it all stated when my dad asked mum if we still had any nappies still i was about 7 at the time i had a younger brother by 2 years . as i was the eldest i used to get sent to bed later . this time because my dad grabbed me in front of every one i had the nappy put on me and taped on and i was sent to bed . it only happened the once . later on in life i ket getting threatened with them as my other family members knew as mum couldn't keep her mouth shut . and here i am at 37 . i like to wear them . always had a thing for them .
i don't know if it the material what there made out of as i like the noisy plastic backed ones 80s

legojoker88 said:
I cannot remember how old I was, maybe 8. My younger brother is "autistic" ( I use quotations because that is all I was ever told, its something worse I think) and he never was able to potty train. My youngest brother was still in diapers along with my 2 cousins who were always around. So in essence diapers were everywhere. I stole them whenever I felt brave enough, never got caught but was always afraid I would. I always got nervous looking at them in the grocery store cause I wanted to wear them but was never brave enough to buy any until a couple of years after I got married. I have been wearing off and on since 2013, and it has been so liberating
does the other half except it . i told mine when i first got with her and she even puts me in one lol

RetroGamerGuy said:
Ive posted this like twenty times on here but love posting it again. As an 80's child and then un-diagnosed lightly autistic child, i didn't potty train easily and was threatened by my mother to be put back in diapers if I couldn't stop. Needless to say she did follow up with the threat and was put back in diapers till I was four or five which secretly I loved. I would sneak them from family friends and neighbors houses occasionally and only when I was older would finally accept them as part of my life
my parents and everyone else just called me bone idea for not getting out of bed. but it wasn't the case i couldn't feel me wanting toilet in the night until i woke up and realised what had happened

Also an 80's child here....I remember after having my bath, getting dried off and running into my bedroom to grab a pamper, and running back to the bathroom where my mother would put the pamper on me. After my diaper was taped on she would put me in a sleeper, and I remember the crinkling and rustling of my diaper under the sleeper when I was running around.

I was also a late potty trainer, and I remember being around age three or four wearing underwear beneath my green corduroy pants, standing in the living room and going pee, thinking I was still in diapers.
When I was 8 years old I was tasked with petsitting for my elderly neighbors who had a cat. They had a large house and I decided to go exploring. I opened up a bedroom door and went inside, finding a black trash bag full of unused huggies, presumably for their grandkids, so I swiped three or four of them, took them home, taped two together so I had a diaper that would fit me. I did that for a few years with other baby diapers like Drypers (remember those?) and pampers baby dry. The pampers worked well for taping together since they were plastic backed. Then I discovered goodnites.....

I bought my first bag of large goodnites with money I earned from yard work. I would walk from school to rite aid, buy them and sneak them home in my backpack. I did this countless times. I was only caught once by my mom who went into my room to change the sheets on my bed (I was a bedwetter but never told my parents.) and she found my stash of goodnites in a filing cabinet I used as a nightstand next to my bed. I even kept it locked to prevent parental ingress, but I probably had left a used diaper in there that made it smell. I also used to keep the used ones in a plastic bag in my bathroom cabinet and then take them to a school trash can on my way to the bus stop.

My parents got divorced when I was 15, leaving my mother with custody of me. I was learning to drive at this point and I was also a heavy user of the internet. I frequented DPF, dailydiapers and a few photo sites like sally brown's page on geocities and melysa and brock's page. All the while wearing goodnites xl whenever I could, sometimes to school or work.

Thanks for reading!

• Haha
Reactions: fakename, Quanon, SydDLBoi and 3 others
Dang, these are all great replies ! I am new here and just yesterday I had the idea of asking "origins" from you all, and now I have found this thread. Wonderful !!

Origins fascinate me because I have always wondered how others got hooked. Reading through these stories I am struck at the number of times the age "4 or 5" comes into focus. I too had my origins begin around that age.

I was potty trained already for some reason wanted to be put back into diapers. I remember purposefully wetting the bed 2 nights in a row and on the third day my mother told me she was going to put me back in diapers if I wet a third night. I chickened out. However, the desire remained, sometimes dormant/sometimes active, with me experimenting with boxes of Pampers on occasion during the teen years. Long story short, thanks to the internet and the rising of a social, like-minded, community I can now feel some acceptance and comfort in my pursuit of an ABDL existence.

Thanks to you ALL !

Reactions: Fancypants2001, checkingoutall, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I really can't remember a time I didn't want to wear diapers. I occasionally wore Pull-ups up to about 4, but I remember at one point when I was pretty much fully trained walking up to the drawer we kept them in and wanting more than anything to put them back on. After that, I remember occasionally mistakenly getting those boxes of "sample diapers" in the mail, and occasionally sneaking them when my parents put them in a pile to give to my cousins which were still in diapers. I got caught every time back then, and my parents knew from pretty early on that I had that odd desire at times.

I held it back until I was about 9, where it flared up again when I used my childhood blanket bear as a sort of "play diaper" - something I wouldn't use, but would help me pretend I was suddenly finding myself back in diapers. It was somewhere around this point that I started conceptualizing my own diaper fantasies, which morphed and transformed slowly into tales like Regression. (I also conceptualized two others over the years - "The Little Brother" and "Carnival Games" - which may eventually be released as stories if I can figure out how to finish them.)

This persisted into my mid-teens, eventually using blankets to serve the same purpose when keeping a teddy bear around might seem odd. I never wore any of it in public - I still don't - but I would do it as a kind of dress-up in my bedroom, fantasizing about turning back the clock and becoming a baby again. Eventually, I found I wasn't the only one - I was petrified to even Google it for years, as even then I was super conscious of the amount of data Google and advertisers tracked on their users. (It's also why I don't use major social media platforms in general, only frequenting specialized forums like these.) Eventually, I risked it, and found there was a sizable community with the same desires and thoughts I had.

I lurked for a long time before eventually buying diapers from ABU about 3 years ago. It took me a while to really get used to wearing again, and I still don't wear in public. But it's so comforting to know that I'm not alone, and to know that others have the same weird & wonderful thoughts I do.

Reactions: chamberpot, BobbiSueEllen, ABbilly and 1 other person
I remember being around the age of 7 when I developed my intrest in diapers. My grandmother worked in a dollar store and the bathroom was in the very back stock room. Well one day I was headed to the bathroom and my eyes caught a package of pullups, it was like fireworks went off in my stomach when I saw them. I never got the chance to wear those pullups because my grandma came to check on me pretty quick. I had thought about them on and off for a while until I was 16 and got my first job at a grocery store. I was sweeping an isle at closing time and my eyes locked onto a beautiful sight, it was a package of boys XL Goodnites. The feeling of pulling that first Goodnite up my legs and around my waist was euphoric. It was almost like it was a long lost part of me from the way it hugged my teenage body. I still remember the warm tingling sensation when I relaxed my bladder and flooded that Goodnight almost to its bursting point. Those are days that I will never forget.

Reactions: alwayswet206, fakename, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 2 others
Diaperdiesel said:
does the other half except it . i told mine when i first got with her and she even puts me in one lol
She has come to accept it, it was kinda hard for her at first. She has diapered me on occasion but it's not an every time thing. Since I have changed jobs and work at night i have been wearing to sleep more

Reactions: Diaperdiesel, BobbiSueEllen, ABbilly and 1 other person
I have always wanted to wear diapers.

I think this started when I was a baby. Oh wait.... I am still a baby 😋

But to give a serious response, my first statement is still the truth. I have always wanted to wear diapers. My desires for doing so go back to my earliest of memories and shortly after being potty trained seeking out diapers and using them. One of my earliest memories I can recall is being three or four and finding a box that had cloth pull up training pants in them in the basement. I wore them a few times, then wet in them. Then, knowing no way to take care of the wet pants, I hid them in the shelves. They were soon discovered and I was questioned about it. I told my mom I accidentally wore them instead of my underwear and had an accident in them. I am sure now that she never believed that, but she went with it and just told me that I shouldn't have done that as they could get moldy and stink.

Crazy that I remember that so clearly, but it is one of the earliest of all memories I have, not just diaper related.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ABbilly and DiaperedBedwetter1998
My interest in diapers began when I was about 3, or 4 years old.

A short time after I was potty trained, I ended up finding a package of diapers hidden in a cedar chest and started wearing them from time to time, until my mother scolded me for it, but this never stopped my interest with them.

About a year or two, later, (I was 4 or 5) I was playing in our next door neighbor's back porch with a girl who looked to be about a year or two younger at the time and out of curiosity, (you know how young people can be at that age) I peeked up her dress and saw that she was wearing a diaper.

Moving ahead to when I was 6 or 7, maybe 8, I ended up wetting the bed for a few nights, but was dry, afterwards.

Also at that time, I was taking up cross country skiing as a winter activities thing in grade school and while I was skiing, I wet my snowpants.

At the age of 12, I saw a commercial for Attends Briefs and my desire to wear diapers again came back in full force.

At the age of 14, I wanted to wet the bed again, and one day, I did.

Gradually, through the course of my teenage years, my interest in diapers, (while still being a well guarded secret from my friends and family) started to evolve into a fetish.

At the age of 22, I started buying wearing adult diapers, on and off for about 10 years to date.

And the rest, is history.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, legojoker88, chamberpot and 2 others
This is a great thread...thanks ALL !

Another interesting factor that I am beginning to understand (I think), especially from the comments, is that since many of us have had these feelings from a young age, sexuality may not be the prevalent root cause/instigator of our desires. There seems to be a strong link to security involved here. Whether it be the desire to be taken care of, and/or comforted by a loving/doting parent figure, or whatever, we seem to be expressing that there are multiple, causational factors at play. This too brings me comfort because, as an adult, I was always slightly concerned that my Age-play was strictly a sexual fetish (even though deep down I realize that it is not), and this always gave me a feeling of uneasiness. Now, Freud may have a dissenting opinion, and it may be valid, yet thanks to this community and others, and to the courage of those who are willing to openly/truthfully express their views, we now have the chance to investigate our "origins" and take comfort in our choices.

I always remind myself that I harbor no ill intentions in my Age-play and that I am doing no harm in this play. In fact, I believe I am doing good by embracing this aspect of my lifestyle as it brings me comfort and joy and makes me a happier person. This then is reflected outward in my (more) pleasant demeanor when engaged with other human beings. I hope/expect others feel this way too.

Reactions: Vintage84, DiaperedBedwetter1998, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I’ve been in to diapers for as long as I can remember.....it was the internet that I found there hundreds of us with the same issue. LOL. Had no idea anyone shared the same silly desires I did before that

Reactions: ABbilly, Diaperedred93 and BobbiSueEllen
Pampersluvs said:
I’ve been in to diapers for as long as I can remember.....it was the internet that I found there hundreds of us with the same issue. LOL. Had no idea anyone shared the same silly desires I did before that
Hear ya there! I felt like a one-off freak for loving to wear diapers for over 20 years! Gads...what a long, lonely stretch of time.

Reactions: chamberpot, ABbilly and Pampersluvs
I cannot recall really wanting diapers, but I can certainly recall wetting the bed and my pants on purpose all throughout my childhood ,, and yes at time I would fashion diapers out of towels , sheets or blankets at times. the reason I started wearing diapers is that they allow me to wet myself in almost any setting ,,,

Reactions: Diaperedred93 and BobbiSueEllen
The year my dad died we stayed at our summer cottage. Everybody came up. One day I was home alone. I dont know why but I got one of the baby diapers and put it on. filled a bottle with milk and snuck in the crib for a nap. Years later I was a young mom. Tried on the babys diaper. Fell wonderful. they were baby cloth diapers. I would also suck her pacifier also a baby one
In November I had another strong suck urge. I got a toddler paci. Didn't much do it but ok, then I brought a Tommie Tippie baby bottle. My nutritionist wants me to have a smoothie for breakfast. I bvb thought sucking would slow me down bv and fill me up BINGO I was surfing the net and found a site selling adult diapers and adult pacifier. I ordered a pacifier. HEAVEN. Used it for bedtime for a few days then I started having a love affair with it now I suck constantly. I take most liquids in my tommie or a water bottle with a spout. Then I thought about those DIAPERS. Looked on Amazon. Saw a cute diaper cover with a cotton liners. I hit. BUY with trembling fingers. I get excited each time I see a Amazon truck still waiting. Still sucking.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, fakename, ABbilly and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back