Childhood Teddy Bear

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone else sleep with their childhood teddy bear or soft toy? If so what's its name? I've kept and still sleep with my bear, Tom, whose become a bit worn down and a bit stained because of my bed wetting years. Sometimes he gets to wear some of my baby diapers I use as stuffers but unlike mine they remain dry and clean throughout the night 😂

Last edited:
My parents made me burn both my childhood teddies when i was 11.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 68Bonnie and TyphaHare
PCBaby said:
That is one of the cruelest things I have ever heard. Making you put them in the attic I can understand but to burn it is just cruel.

Almost every night I sleep with my large pound puppy named Brownie. Nothing makes me go instant kid faster than my Brownie.

Reactions: TyphaHare
PCBaby said:

Omg I'm so sorry that happened. No one should have to do that. At least they live on in memory.

that wasn't the worst they did, it wasn't a good childhood and whilst this may sound harsh the best thing they ever did was to get themselves killed in a car crash. It probably saved my life.

• Sad
I've had one type of bear or another for most all my life (except when i was in the military). The bear I had as a baby wore out long, long ago. I've probably had 8-10 different bears. My current one (in my avatar pic) is names wuzzy.

My original is long gone ...
R Dakin 1973 jointed bear with the 'this old man' music box .

It's very VERY difficult to find these guys in good condition. Last I kept track, less than 6 show up on Ebay every year .
( Note the white paws and light brown fur )
R-Dakin-Vintage-1973-Plush-Bear-12-Stuffed.jpg
I also had 3 mini bears ... unable to track any of them down :(

Last edited:
I have Wolly from teddy bears picnic still have that bear to this very day

PCBaby said:

Wow... no wonder you look so angry sitting there at that computer in your nappies, burning them? That had to be traumatic. (and after reading the rest of your posts here, it all was... I am sorry for you.)

I never had a teddy, I had a stuffed floppy eared dog named "Herkey" I don't know what happened to him.

My blanket was slowly cut away to nothing by my mom by the time I was 6.

Last edited:
Pika123 said:
Omg I'm so sorry that happened. No one should have to do that. At least they live on in memory.
they were a pair that my Grandfather gave to me as a baby a large one and a matching small one both had the old fashioned growlers in them.

My deranged Mom destroyed my original childhood plushies.

• Sad
I had several back in the day that I would love to have back. The most memorable was a huge stuffed Lion. He was so huggable and I took him everywhere. That is the first one that I remember. Also had a succession of stuffed dogs, but I wish I still had that lion. Don't have anything at all right now.

I still have one that I got when I was 6, he's a blue or teal (depends on who you ask about it) T-Rex dinosaur, he's still sleeping in my bed right now, I also had a conventional brown bear that I got when I was just a newborn, the bear was bigger than me at this time, I was a tiny premature baby, it didn't survive a flood at my aunt house when I was 8 yrs old, and I also had a cute dog with the paws that had velcro on them, this one I can't really track down what happened to it, my guess is its probably somewhere in my old bedroom at my parents place, but its now a huge storage place with box all the way to the ceiling so its hard to look in there.

When I was eight my grandma took me and my sister to a place where you could hold a baby tiger and get pictures with it. That’s all I remember about the place, but I got a stuffed white tiger I named Lucky. He’s lying on my chest while I’m writing this in bed :)

Reactions: littlemoosey
I could still lay hands on them if I cared to but they're pretty small and I have newer plush pals. I'm inclined to keep those separate, at least so far.

I can't remember ever having a teddy bear as a child. I've had plenty as an adult.

I still sleep with my plush dog (puppy) i got the day i was born. Its kinda flat as a pancake but holding up well. I would show a picture if i could figure out how to get the site to let me

1107190010.jpg
The teddy bear I have now.
Howard Hug
At his feet is Woogie-Woogie Monster.

I didn't have a teddy bear, but I did have a plush raccoon, which I dubbed "Rocky," which had an F.M. radio built into it and the volume and tuning knobs on it's chest.

The radio didn't work, though.

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
I didn't have a teddy bear, but I did have a plush raccoon, which I dubbed "Rocky," which had an F.M. radio built into it and the volume and tuning knobs on it's chest.

The radio didn't work, though.

I received one of theses when I was 4-5 yrs old and I was at the hospital, mine was a nice white cat, I'm 99% sure it was Radio Shack branded item, now I'm wondering where he could be...

Back