Availability of quality diaper brands in the UK

Hammerite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've ordered 2 or 3 times from Nappies R Us and tried out a few different brands of ABDL diaper from there. It's good that they are around and providing those of us in the UK with the brands they stock. But they seem to have occasional supply issues, and there are some brands they don't carry at all. For examples of the first, for a while recently they were out of Betterdry and Crinklz, and they seem to hardly ever have Rearz in stock. For an example of the second, I've been thinking I'd like to try out ConfiDry since I saw a picture in this thread and read that they don't have a landing zone (I don't hate landing zones but I find them a bit off-putting, and one of the things I like about Crinklz is that they don't have one). But Nappies R Us don't stock them at all (in fact it doesn't look like ConfiDry have any distributors outside North America). I guess diapers are bulky and expensive to ship, but it's a shame that we don't have the same amount of choice as people in the US and Canada.

I know there's saveexpress.de as well. And I know ABU have their own storefront we can buy from (might make my next order from there). Are there any other stores serving the UK that sell ABDL or quality diapers? Is the UK poorly served here, or does it just seem that way?

Not sure what type you're after exactly but I always buy pull ups online from https://www.attends.co.uk - they're perfect (but not very baby like if that's what you're looking for).

• Haha
Reactions: Tearfulprincess
Attends are absolute garbage, don't waste your money.

Not sure what you mean by poorly served? In terms of ABDL companies it's comparative to the USA. There's lots of medical supply companies doing the medical / incontinence brands. Don't forget many people with a legit need for incontinence products will get them through the NHS on prescription.

I usually use NRU, Save Express and ABU. I've also used Incontinence Choice, Incontinence Shop, Cuddlz, a few other medical stores I forget right now over the years. Really we are better served than ever. It was a lot bleaker 10 years ago.

ConfiDry is a US brand. Save Express stocked them for a while but they were very expensive presumably as they were shipped twice. This works the same the other way and people in the US complain about cost of EU brands. I preferred Betterdry personally. If you want to know when NRU will get something in stock just email and ask them.

blob said:

Interested in why you say this? I've only ever used Attends and never found them to be a problem. They leak after maybe two or three uses but thought that was just too much!

robfountain said:
Interested in why you say this? I've only ever used Attends and never found them to be a problem. They leak after maybe two or three uses but thought that was just too much!

Because they are garbage.

Try an ABU or Rearz product, Betterdy, even an Abena M4 which is also terrible now but still far superior to Attends and you will see.

robfountain said:
Not sure what type you're after exactly but I always buy pull ups online from https://www.attends.co.uk - they're perfect (but not very baby like if that's what you're looking for).
OP is asking about quality diapers and you recommend attends pullups? absolutely barbaric

nobody listen to this guy

• Haha
Reactions: Tearfulprincess
Grayham said:
I've ordered 2 or 3 times from Nappies R Us and tried out a few different brands of ABDL diaper from there. It's good that they are around and providing those of us in the UK with the brands they stock. But they seem to have occasional supply issues, and there are some brands they don't carry at all. For examples of the first, for a while recently they were out of Betterdry and Crinklz, and they seem to hardly ever have Rearz in stock. For an example of the second, I've been thinking I'd like to try out ConfiDry since I saw a picture in this thread and read that they don't have a landing zone (I don't hate landing zones but I find them a bit off-putting, and one of the things I like about Crinklz is that they don't have one). But Nappies R Us don't stock them at all (in fact it doesn't look like ConfiDry have any distributors outside North America). I guess diapers are bulky and expensive to ship, but it's a shame that we don't have the same amount of choice as people in the US and Canada.

I know there's saveexpress.de as well. And I know ABU have their own storefront we can buy from (might make my next order from there). Are there any other stores serving the UK that sell ABDL or quality diapers? Is the UK poorly served here, or does it just seem that way?
Well since UK is making a trade deal with the US. We might get more of those type of diapers in uk soon well hopefully.

blob said:

Not sure what you mean by poorly served? In terms of ABDL companies it's comparative to the USA. There's lots of medical supply companies doing the medical / incontinence brands. Don't forget many people with a legit need for incontinence products will get them through the NHS on prescription.

I usually use NRU, Save Express and ABU. I've also used Incontinence Choice, Incontinence Shop, Cuddlz, a few other medical stores I forget right now over the years. Really we are better served than ever. It was a lot bleaker 10 years ago.

I'm happy to be contradicted :) I was kind of looking to poll opinion a little bit with this thread. It is only recently that I have started to buy, so I can't compare to several years ago.

Thanks for those pointers to other stores. I looked at Incontinence Choice and Incontinence Shop and it seems like they strictly only stock medical brands, not that there is anything wrong with that. I think Incontinence Shop might be NRU's "straight" storefront...

ConfiDry is a US brand. Save Express stocked them for a while but they were very expensive presumably as they were shipped twice. This works the same the other way and people in the US complain about cost of EU brands. I preferred Betterdry personally. If you want to know when NRU will get something in stock just email and ask them.

I get that they are based in the US. The thing about being shipped twice is that AFAIK, all the diapers on the market are made in China - they could be shipped directly here or to the EU for more local distribution. But I guess that is a lot of extra organisation and risk for the company to take, and since they are generally smaller companies that start up just serving one region of the world, that's the reason why they don't do it, or don't do it right away.

Starlight12 said:
Well since UK is making a trade deal with the US. We might get more of those type of diapers in uk soon well hopefully.

I guess the trade deal thing might help but it wouldn't solve the "shipping twice" side of things. And it might be offset by the added tariffs that the US is putting on goods that come to them from China.

As things are I think we’re reasonably well served in the UK, though some things do seem to go out of stock quite quickly.

I know NRU is most people’s go-to in the UK, but there are other suppliers in the UK, depending on what you’re looking for.

The only things that seem to have to be imported are anything “Made in the USA”, which tend to be a little different.

Dry 24/7 are fantastic.

ATN evocative of vintage Pampers.

Absorbency + were interesting as they were very thick but with silky soft plastic and actually worked despite having no leak guards.

Old Attends (6 tab) very crinkly but thin and no leak guards.

Depends (6 tab) are definitely only a one-wet product but at least they’re plastic!

I think it’s time for me to import some Northshores if they’re “Made in USA”?

MissAmy said:
OP is asking about quality diapers and you recommend attends pullups? absolutely barbaric
nobody listen to this guy

Sorry - it's all I've ever used :( Very happy to be offered suggestions of replacements

blob said:
Try an ABU or Rearz product, Betterdy, even an Abena M4 which is also terrible now but still far superior to Attends and you will see.

None of these seem to be pull-ups?

PCS said:
Dry 24/7 are fantastic.

ATN evocative of vintage Pampers.

Absorbency + were interesting as they were very thick but with silky soft plastic and actually worked despite having no leak guards.

None of these seem to be easily available in the UK?

So can anyone recommend any high absorbency pull ups for me? Thanks!

robfountain said:
Sorry - it's all I've ever used :( Very happy to be offered suggestions of replacements
maybe attends slip regular for starters. pullups suck, just stay away from them. there aren't any that are high absorbency

I would recommend Drylife slips. They are relatively cheap to buy but they are really good nappies... Cheapest place to find this is Dorset nursing supplies..

I agree with PCS that we have a reasonable choice in the UK except for some US brands but that NRU, one of the prime sources of ABDL brands at the moment, is let down by erratic stock levels compared to the likes of Save Express. It would be very convenient to pick up a few cases of Betterdry from NRU when I'm nearby or order for next day delivery if I'm not, but they hardly ever have them. I wonder what percentage of potential sales they lose through low stock.

We could use a UK source that offers a consistent, superior level of service for both ABDL and medical products. Factors such as high availability, sturdy packing that can be trusted not to tear open and reveal the contents (Save Express have nearly caught me out with flimsy boxes in the past) and a good variety of shipping options would be worth slightly higher unit pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brexit stockpiling is probably having an impact right now, the NHS and care institutions are likely to be buying European-made brands in bulk.

robfountain said:
So can anyone recommend any high absorbency pull ups for me? Thanks!
Try Tena Pants Maxi ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocChip
Aldi Sana Pull-Ups are as good as Tena Pants Maxi and the padding goes up a little higher.

Good for one big wetting or multiple “let go whenever you feel a twinge” wettings.

Not so good for a “hold on as long as you can then flood” wetting.

bobbilly said:
I would recommend Drylife slips. They are relatively cheap to buy but they are really good nappies... Cheapest place to find this is Dorset nursing supplies..
SAPexpanded said:
Try Tena Pants Maxi ?
PCS said:
Aldi Sana Pull-Ups are as good as Tena Pants Maxi and the padding goes up a little higher.

Good for one big wetting or multiple “let go whenever you feel a twinge” wettings.

Not so good for a “hold on as long as you can then flood” wetting.
Thanks all - will give them all a try!

Cheers

Back