Frustration

eastcoastdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Sure, I've come to "enjoy" wearing diapers as have many on this site despite not being into it before becoming IC, as have many here, but does anyone just have bouts of frustration with it? You've come to accept requiring being diapered 24/7, made peace with it, and even maybe taken it for its kinky positives, but from time to time you just can't stand it?

I'm currently frustrated that I feel 100% normal until I get an urge and compulsorily wet my diaper within a few seconds after; by no choice of mine. I'm frustrated that I had diaper rash for nearly a week, only to be followed by a fungal infection, and the doctor says it'll take 2-3 weeks to see improvement. I'm on week one and see none so far. I'm frustrated that I packed for a wonderful long weekend at the beach and 60% of my suitcase is diapers and other incontinence management supplies. I'm frustrated that I have to worry at the beach that I might wet my bathing suit and have to make sure I cover it up by going in the water. I'm frustrated I can't be intimate with my wife on our anniversary trip because of said fungal infection that's taking a #%$^ month to go away.

I'm just frustrated with incontinence. Thanks for listening to my rant.

And if anyone's reading who wishes for incontinence - please don't. Just wear 24/7 and enjoy it. Lie and tell people you are incontinent if it makes it easier on you; white lies don't hurt anyone, but please don't bring this mental anguish upon yourself.

• Sad
Reactions: Chappy and littlemoosey
I agree with you. I have urge incontinence that started in 2009 and has gotten worse since then to the point where I have to wear diapers 24/7. I have trouble getting over the need to wear diapers, and have tried to deny the need and failed. I wet at least 2-3 times an hour and need to change my diaper 2-3 times a day. It is frustrating having to deal with wet diapers, hoping that I didn't wet my pants, standing in line hoping that my diaper wont leak, having to wash a load of wet smelly diapers every other day. I have been seeing a therapist, and she is very helpful discussing my issues of frustration, embarrassment, and inability to just make it go away.

I'm so with you. I'm frustrated with the endless discomfort of wearing diapers during the interminably long and hot summer. I'm tired of always having the skin in my diaper area wet, either with sweat or with urine. Like you, I'm tired of packing for trips and realizing that my incontinence supplies take up more than half of the space. I'm frustrated with the constant fear that people at work will find out and I'll be viewed as less valuable professionally, or that people won't want to include me in meetings because they're illogically worried that I'll smell bad.

I have an appointment next week with a dermatologist, where they'll want me to undress completely and check my entire body for signs of skin cancer. I don't want the doctor and nurses to see me in my diaper, and I also don't want to risk peeing on them or on the exam table, so I feel stuck. I've thought about just cancelling the appointment, but I don't want to die of cancer because I was too embarrassed by my incontinence to get checked.

What I wouldn't give for good bladder control!

I can feel with you and I often feel the same. How ever I had never accepted my UIC since the beginning round about four years ago and I still work hard to improve my continence. To be honest for the moment there is only little improvement since the last year and that also frustrated me often - especially while the summer time. But on the other hand every day without pain or accidents is a litte success - even if it doesn’t happen often enough for my feeling. I‘d learned to be happy also with minor improvements or even if things not go worse. As long as also the doc‘s not exactly know why the things are as they are (in my case PBS) and as long as I read that also others had managed it to improve there situation I will not give up. I think also the chances to improve the situation in case of OAB wet are not that bad - and this is basically a good news. So as long you are lucky and no nerve or other irreparable physical damages are in place I would try to improve the situation. In my case my PT helped a lot.

This is why I always try to be respectful of our incontinent members when I reply to a thread. Wearing diapers may be pleasurable for me, but I can stop at any time when the desire isn't there. If I have a rash, I can stop wearing and deal with the rash. I know that some of our AB/DL members would like to be incontinent but as other members have advised, be careful what you wish for. Hugs go out to all our genuinely incontinent members who have to deal with incontinence 21/7 and all that goes with it.

Reactions: eastcoastdl, Seasonedcitizen and babyfuntime
I feel for you being incontinent is a PITA. I went to CA in June one suitcase was just diapers and the other was my clothing. I myself am 24/7 because of IC and have accepted it for was it is

Yes. I think we all go through periods of frustration and raw emotion about being incontinent. Group situations are stressful and self-acceptance is always just out of reach. A plus: I have gotten really good at laundry and finessing the washer's cycles!

Our latest trip we were gone for 10 days and not only was my suitcase half filled, I had to borrow space from my wife's bag as well. Well she was fine with this as it allowed more room for purchases/gifts accumulated on vacation.

I have toyed with the idea of using a canvas bag that once supplies are gone can be rolled up and stored in the main bag for the return trip. I still have an extra bag to check though that would be the case only on the outbound leg.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you have all said. My urge incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old; and I’m 77 now. i’ve never been reliably dry at night since; and I’ve needed to be diapered 24/7 for about 30 years. So I’ve had a lot of experience with diapers. To a certain extent, I’ve learned to enjoy the way wearing a diaper feels and might even occasionally wear one if I no longer needed to. But always having to have a supply of diapers readily at hand wherever I am and whatever I’m doing is a frustrating nuisance, sometimes extremely frustrating. I wish that wearing a diaper was something I sometimes chose to do and not something that I have to do always.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I had a great time at the beach and relaxed quite a bit. The only downside was when I was relaxing on the porch in acrylic chair in just my bathing suit after coming back from the beach when I had an urge hit me, and I almost instantly wet myself, and had it pour through the holes in the car and onto the porch. Easily cleaned up, but kind of embarrassing.

Reactions: Chappy
Back