When and how did you discover that adult nappies existed?

1977. Saw in Sears Catalog- Attends.I was 13
Then they appeared in Rite Aid- Attends with the micro hholesplastic liner. In early 80s . The vintage green Depends appeared.
My first diapers at age 14- I used 2 Pampers toddler size. Taped with duct tape to make a long diaper to go front to back. At Waist they just fit to use the Pampers tape fasteners.

@mikedp7815 beat me to it.

I first saw them listed in the huge Sears Catalog sometime around 1967 when I was about 12 and wetting the bed.

I never knew there were so many different ones until I became incontinent.

I’d say sometime in the early ‘90s when I was around 10-12. My dad would get Readers Digest and I would read them after he was done. There was always an ad for Depends somewhere in it.

About 2006-2007, my grandpa basically got bad dementia, and he had pull-ups. I was curious. Wore when I had a moment to try.

In 1991, I was 32 years old and I got my first DPF newsletter in the mail which had the famous "DPF Roster" of names, phone numbers and addresses of ABDL across the US, but DPF also offered for sale some adult diapers and rubber pants etc. (DPF even sold the real Gerber plastic baby pants in adult sizes. Sadly, they are no more.)

That's when I first knew that they made diapers to fit me: just like the ones I wore as a baby. 😇

littlekyro said:
well for me it was about 13ish I was diapered from birth until I was 12 then after that I was in a mix of diapers and youth pull-ups until 16 and the school nurse during a diaper change at school when I was 13 explained that they made diapers in adult sizes also
Wow! This sounds so neat lifelong crinkler buddy! :)(y) I have talked with another aussie dl before who told that he got padded up by the school nurse till the age 16-17 so I guess this wasn´t so unusual thing to happen there ☺ Do you remember what diapers you used back then?

bobbilly said:
In 1997 when first knew about adult incontinence pads/nappies. I was 11 years old. I just started a special needs secondary school. I was using the disabled toilet in the portacabin with classrooms attached. In the disabled toilets there was an old doctors/dentist bench, a yellow clinical waste bin and packs of Attends Contours incontinence pads, if your unfamiliar with Attends Contours the pads are mainly used to contain bowel incontinence. It turned out there was a boy a year older than me called Craig (name changed) who was totally bowel incontinent. I was so jealous of him. A side note - the following year I caught the same school bus on our routes to school and home. He used to have accidents sometimes and it become quite obvious a few times... That made me very jealous off him, surprisingly he got more grief of the bus attendant women then the kids, most of the kids where low functioning anyway.

Anyway at 11 years old I used to sneak in the disabled toilet and fill my backpack up with the Attends incontinence pads. I never knew my I wanted them - just that I did... My fosters parents soon found the used (I don't think wet at that stage) pads under my bed, they started shaming me by taking me back to school with the pads I didn't use and giving them back to the headteacher in front off me. It didn't stop me from stealing them again.. I seen a child psychologist and soon after that my foster mother started buying me Tena Slip Supers from the mail order catalogue. I first seen a prober adult nappy then at around 12 years old. I wore pretty much constantly at night from age 12 to 17.... I moved into my own flat at 17, supported housing flat and had free rain to wear whenever I wanted so wore pretty much all the time.

It not the time I found out that adult diapers exist but I do have a similar story to yours. Took some classes in life skills which was the class the special needs kids was in. I was only in there because how far behind I was with reading and writing. Well just like your story the life skill class had it own restroom with a sick bed in it. Well under the bed there was 3 or 4 boxes of diapers
pull ups and other changing supplies. I'm sorry to say could not help myself. For over a month I well stell a diaper or two but I did get caught. Lucky for me my teachers didn't report it. There was stell some punishment for me and my parents was notified just not through the school. Was never allowed in that restroom again. I do feel ashamed for what I did and honestly I feel like I should've get much worse than what got. Sorry that this storie had nothing to do with the post I just wanted share that with you because your storie was similar to mine. How I found out about adult diapers is I saw an article in a magazine.

Reactions: bobbilly
I found out on a school field trip. We were 11-12 years old and as a heavy bedwetter
of course I wore diapers to bed. I was such a stick back then, that the largest Pampers
still fit me just fine (I also am convinced that they made them bigger back then).
A class mate was also a bedwetter and we shared a room for that reason.

On the first evening, he quietly snuck out of our room and when he came back
he had a huge diaper on. This was in the mid 80's and pajamas back then
were quite tight fitting, so it was very clear that he was wearing a thick diaper.
But it seemed so much bigger than my Pampers and I asked him about it.
He showed one to me and it was an Attends.
All white, very thick (no SAP back then, just fluff) and had four tapes instead
of the two that I was used to from my Pampers.

I will never forget how he came into our room wearing that thick, crinkly
diaper under his pajamas and the top peeking out. Plus it put a
good waddle in his step that everybody would've noticed right away,
should somebody catch him walking down the hallway.
It was also very audible, since the plastic backing crinkled very loud.

Reactions: bobbilly and Rezzu
When I was ten or eleven years old, I was on a family trip to Denver to see some relatives there. All of us went to some sort of lake/reservoir located in the outskirts of the city that had a beach and a very large rules sign. One of the rules was this:
"Diapered children and adults may not swim in the reservoir."
So yeah, that gave me hope that I can wear diapers as a grown-up, and I've done just that.

Back