Still too much stuff

stareegirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I,m try to downsize my stash to keep the new people in my life from finding out.
My stash has gotten out of hand but at one time I had the storage for all of it.
But now I've moved and there's no way to hide it all or safely or put it in storage. I've been trying to purge more of it.

This isn't fair I'm attached to this stuff and I use it! It makes me happy and all the little details make my experience more realistic.

But this stuff means people can't come to my house. Which creates some social complications and some hindering. But on the other hand I sure as heck don't want them to know about my regression!
Sometimes I just with I could do away with little space! Life wouldn't be as fun but it'd sure be easier.

First off, relax and take a deep breath 😌

I think most ABs and Littles have had similar concerns, keeping our stashes manageable so others don't find out. That being said, I think purging is always a poor way of dealing with situations like these. You said it yourself, you are attached to these items, they are integral to your regression time, so why beat yourself up, get rid of them and then wind up dropping even more money later when you find yourself wanting these items again 🤔

Unless you have an adult-sized highchair and crib lying around, I doubt your stash is so large it can't be properly stored or tucked away safely. I have accumulated tons of diapers, AB clothes, toys and stuffies over the years and I have plenty of space in just my bedroom closet for it to be stored safely. I'm sure wherever you are living now has adequate storage space, either a closet or a pantry or something. If space isn't available, make space; tidy and organize some things, maybe purchase some bins you can hide stuff away in, maybe even consider looking into a storage locker, one you can use to store items until you have more space for your stash :)

Maybe take inventory of what you have, are there some items that perhaps don't need to be hidden away? For instance, stuffed animals, I have all my stuffies on my sofa and my bed and I have company over semi-regularly, they never question them 😄

If all else fails, maybe you could consider letting these people know about this side of yourself. I'm assuming that if you have traffic in your place regularly then they must be people you know on a personal level, maybe do some soul searching and consider confiding in them, it'll make managing your stash less stressful. Then again, if they are roommates or something, consider what I've suggested above :)

I hope that whatever you wind up doing works for you, but if I were you, I'd exhaust my options before I got rid of stuff that both makes me happy and cost me money 😉

Last edited:
I strongly suggest geting a foot locker I have one from when I was 14 and went to a summer camp and I have found it to be a great place for little gear it's small enough to easily fit at the end of a bed or in a closet but big enough to store all my stuff (before I got little gear it held all my camping stuff for several years) if anyone askes just say its blanket storage or something best part is it can be locked to keep noisy romates out

Doesnt matter how much stuff you throw out, your little side will never leave you!
There are lots of ways to nurture your little side without diapers and clothes and stuff. Have a nice bubble bath. Get to bed on time. Enjoy a fun hobby. Watch a kids movie. Play a game. Paint a cute picture. Listen to nice music. Do something spontaneous!

Being able to dress up is just a small part of what makes us little. Never forget that and always be good to yourself no matter what :)

XXX

Last edited:
The only thing I can see ahead if you purge everything is regret.
When I first realized that I was a little I was living alone in a tiny apartment and went a little crazy at first buying baby gear. Then I became close to a couple of friends and they wanted to come over so I got rid of everything.
After my mother passed away I did it again. I bought a bunch of little gear, books, clothing, toys and so on and then my best friend in the whole world turned into my boyfriend and of course he wanted to come over so I got rid of everything again.
I felt so disconnected from myself when I wasn't experiencing any little time. And then my husband, boyfriend at the time, brought up how much he loved the 80s and I mean I knew he liked it but I never knew that he wanted the toys he had on his kid back. And that's open Pandora's Box so to speak LOL.
It wasn't until we are married for about 5 years when I told him I didn't just like collecting the toys, that I love playing with them as well.
Now I have tons of toys both old and new, mostly old. I can't imagine my life without all of my little things, make sure that these are things that aren't going to affect your true happiness and it sounds like they are. Don't you something you're going to regret.

Reactions: diaperfooties and stareegirl
Besides the diapers, collect and display dual use items. Your lego toys are a stress reducer. If you have pets then collect pet pushies.

I have a chest that I built from a kit eons ago. It has a lock on it. Whenever I get asked what’s inside it, I usually just say a few odds and ends. Maybe you could try to get something like this.

Reactions: crooke3
There are those large plastic storage containers that should fit under your bed. No one's going to look under your bed unless there's something terribly wrong.

I want to thank everyone for replying, especially those who have been through this before and shared thier own experiences. I've never purged before and I didn't know what might hit me. I've barely gotten rid of anything and I already have grief and regret over it.

I'm looking at solid colored bins to stack against the wall may have to stack things to the ceiling but still doable.
Seeing as the neighbors and thier kids like to visit and the kids get into everything. I'm going to put other stuff on top of the little stuff.

There's a large child size rocking horse I'm quit fond of. I can't explain that away and I really don't see a way of hiding something that big. Any ideas?

stareegirl said:
I want to thank everyone for replying, especially those who have been through this before and shared thier own experiences. I've never purged before and I didn't know what might hit me. I've barely gotten rid of anything and I already have grief and regret over it.

I'm looking at solid colored bins to stack against the wall may have to stack things to the ceiling but still doable.
Seeing as the neighbors and thier kids like to visit and the kids get into everything. I'm going to put other stuff on top of the little stuff.

There's a large child size rocking horse I'm quit fond of. I can't explain that away and I really don't see a way of hiding something that big. Any ideas?

You never know with each different thing until you get rid of it. Some can bum you out others it can be very liberating and allow you to move onto better things.

stareegirl said:

I agree with Daniel, I would say it is something that you were given as a gift when you were little and just couldn't bear to part with it. Most people understand not being able to part with something that is sentimental.

Reactions: Trevor
stareegirl said:

Years ago I was in an antique store and saw a restored carrousel horse. That would be the height of someone's antique collection. You could find a large doll or plushie to put on it and say that you had one as a child and you found this rocking horse which was the same as you had as a child. You bought it as a reminder of the fun you had as a child.
Logical excuses can be made for almost everything.

My house is full an antiques, mostly things that belonged to my parents and grandparents. There's always an explanation for almost anything.

You can do what some college students make your bed higher off the ground and store more under. I store a lot under my bed you could probably fit the horse if you got it high enough

I sometimes use the horse to stim I don't know how common that is or widely accepted.

Last edited:
stareegirl said:
Here's a thought I'm autistic and I use it for anxiety. That's the truth but I don't think it's widely accepted.

I saw Mozart and the Whale and in it a woman with Asperger's had a giant rocking horse.
Personally I would not go with that just because people will think you are strange. May as well say it's a antique or has some kind of sentimental vaule because your grandfather made it.

Back