Throwing out half used disposables

Mickeymic

I usually wear diapers and sometimes wear panties
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wear NorthShore GoSupreme during the day at school or out and about. When writing on Wattpad, at night, or on long road trips I wear MegaMax with a cover. I don't know if its the male anatomy or not. When I am sitting or lying on my back the front of my diaper no matter what type would get soaked and leak while the back stays almost dry. They are expensive enough without pitching half used ones out. I tried washable diapers with booster pads, but by the time I got enough layers to hold my really heavy wetting the were so bulky I was uncomfortable. even when dry. And, when I put on a cover my bits would get squished.
Frustrated with this, I started an experiment over the weekend.
I would soak the front then slip off my diaper and wear it backwards. The pull-ups were easy to turn around. But the MegaMax was a little tricky. I almost always ripped the tapes despite the landing zone unless I was very careful. I just undid the tops. Then I realized there is a benefit to a tiny hiney. I could wiggle out and turn them around.
I did not notice the fit on the GoSupreme, and the MegaMax fit a little loose and felt weird. Wearing a good quality cover over them took care of that problem.
So far, this technique has been working well. I don't get twice the use out of my diapers, but it is close.
Has anyone else tried this or have a constructive comment?

Attachments

• 20190814_000349.jpg
    20190814_000349.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Blue Cover.jpg
    Blue Cover.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 29
You dont need to feel bad for not saturating your diapers!!

You deserve to keep your skin nice and dry whenever possible.

Reactions: bakukid23 and ArchtopK
For me, the important thing is that my pants remain dry on the outside. I also rarely fully saturate my diaper in back, but not using the diaper completely is the price of keeping the outside of my pants dry.

Hearing that the Mega Max is just so marginal for you sounds a little strange, as I've heard nothing but good reviews about them. Makes me wonder whether I want to try them or not.

In the Megamax, are you pointing down or does it just make it's way back up after you position it downward?
I don't ask about the pull-ups because those don't keep the unit very well tamed considering their looser fit in my experience.

Last edited:
Used is used with a disposable. If I need to change, I'm done with that diaper. Into the trash!

Reactions: Deleted member 9978, Poofybutt, bakukid23 and 1 other person
If you want to use the full capacity of a disposable, wet it standing up and then lying down...

I point down and back between my cheeks, it stays where I place it , LOL there are some advantages to ED if you think of it this way

This pup has learned that the back of the diaper will almost always remain dry, and that's normal. Having male anatomy, the only time the back gets wet is either laying down or the (now) unusual well wicking diaper. The last diaper this pup used that wicked that well was the purple Molicare. When the diaper is wet slightly up the buttox then it's time to change.

I think you need to think about why the Megamax is leaking. Like really why...what is going wrong? For me, when on my back, if I have a leak, it's out the sides. Unfortunately my anatomy doesn't let me point it down. When I pee laying on my back, the first thing it does is start running off to the sides where there's no padding. I have to put boosters on the sides. Where to your leaks happen? I like the Megamax a lot even though it isn't all the way at the top of the absorbency chart for me. They just fit so perfectly. But Rearz inspire plus, and rearz barnyard, and some others do hold a little more. Wicking is tricky. I've rarely gotten to use the entire back of a diaper via wicking.

Just noticed the same with betterdry. Normally I use them with an additional booster pad what seems to support wicking very good. It is possible to fill the whole diaper even in the furthest back and even if just standing and sitting (not laying on the back for dispensing the liquid).
At the moment I use the better dry as day time diaper (doing a little 247 for 3 weeks) that I don't want to be too bulky when outside. However this way it's like discdibed above with megamax. The diaper gets squishy and finally leaks between legs while it is totally dry at the back. So a booster as wicking support helps a lot. However I would prefer the diaper to have bit less sap but more cotton (or other wicking material). I guess this way they could reach the same real capacity than now. But still, betterdry and megamax (have tried some) are really good diapers.

Mickeymic said:
When I am sitting or lying on my back the front of my diaper no matter what type would get soaked and leak while the back stays almost dry.

When laying on your back, gravity should be pulling everything down, and as the absorbent area is used, it should continually spread out. I had a problem with the original Dry 24/7 smalls where they fit fine but there wasn't a large enough pocket in the front. When sitting (not sure about laying down) the front would swell so much that it would block off the channel to the rest of the diaper and I would leak prematurely around my legs. The trick was to create that pocket by moving the bottom tapes much higher. Or switch to the next larger size. Is it possible that you're between sizes? I mostly wear mid-range diapers (Northshore Lites and ATN's) with a booster, and expect the booster helps distribute my urine. I guess you know that most diapers don't put lots of gel in the very back? I think it's mostly fluff. When I remove a diaper, I note that the highly absorbent area in the back cuts off below my butt.

I don't reverse my diapers, but similar to pull-ups, I realized many years ago that you can reverse a belted undergarment, as these really don't have fronts or backs.

with Better Dry ore NS supreme, make sure to point down, use a medium and small doubler, bring feet up to derriere, and pump a bit at a time. the Back will fill up nicely, if hyoou go slow.

I don't feel the need to completly soak my nappy to it's limit, it gets irritable after being in it too long, much prefer a nice fresh nappy.

I have no problem with these. I use them a lot and I can make them saturated all throughout. It's all about how you position yourself I guess. I have a foot rest about waist high near my computer chair and I almost never use it. The way my body is positioned is an easy way to easily saturate the rear side of my diapers.

I only wear at home and hate not completely soaking a diaper to its full capacity. Usually with coffee most diapers end up in the land fill completely soaked.

I subconsciously always try to use the diaper to it's fullest. When diapering at night, I try to match the diaper with the amount that I have had to drink before bed. On any normal night I wet once in the middle of the night and once first thing when I open my eyes. On those nights I try for a light diaper so I don't waste much. On nights where Ive had some beers or extra water I know I will wet more and therefore use a Megamax or some version of a thicker diaper. I have even gone as far as to use one lightly, take it off (while I couldn't be diapered) and then put it back on later when I could use it and finish filling it up.

Mickeymic said:
I wear NorthShore GoSupreme during the day at school or out and about. When writing on Wattpad, at night, or on long road trips I wear MegaMax with a cover. I don't know if its the male anatomy or not. When I am sitting or lying on my back the front of my diaper no matter what type would get soaked and leak while the back stays almost dry. They are expensive enough without pitching half used ones out. I tried washable diapers with booster pads, but by the time I got enough layers to hold my really heavy wetting the were so bulky I was uncomfortable. even when dry. And, when I put on a cover my bits would get squished.
Frustrated with this, I started an experiment over the weekend.
I would soak the front then slip off my diaper and wear it backwards. The pull-ups were easy to turn around. But the MegaMax was a little tricky. I almost always ripped the tapes despite the landing zone unless I was very careful. I just undid the tops. Then I realized there is a benefit to a tiny hiney. I could wiggle out and turn them around.
I did not notice the fit on the GoSupreme, and the MegaMax fit a little loose and felt weird. Wearing a good quality cover over them took care of that problem.
So far, this technique has been working well. I don't get twice the use out of my diapers, but it is close.
Has anyone else tried this or have a constructive comment?
Your problem might be the same as mine. It's the no-lower-tapes design that prevents me from getting a snug fit around my legs (because the lowest tapes are actually positioned at the middle of the back wings). This bad fit means every one of these kinds of diapers will leak on me before even reaching half capacity. My solution was to just not use them. Go with a diaper that has lower tapes and you should experience a lot fewer leaks. I personally prefer betterdry/crinklz.

Back