Long time bed-wetters?

It just never stopped. I would have at least one accident a week. I was well hydrated enough to have little scent and therefore was able to blame the dampness on being sweaty on account of the air conditioning not reaching where my bed was as a teen.

Once I got out on my own I spent a lot of time in denial until I suddenly had an accident while wide awake—no warning, I just kind of lost it. That was when I finally decided to do something proactive about it. I'm glad I did. A wet diaper is easier to manage than a wet bed.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pika123
Lewis Badger said:
I was a bedwetter until I was about 10/11, but in diapers only until I was about 5, it was very stressful waking up wet but I used to be a very deep sleeper. Had another accident at 14 which, but after that the most I've had were brief leakage where I'd be able to wake up right away.

I really hate when parents take the diapers away like that will solve the problem, bedwetting will stop when it stops and it's really hard to make it stop before your body is ready. My very best friend was a bedwetter until he was thirteen and had not had a diaper since he was 4, his room that he shared with his younger brother smelled like straight piss and his parents constantly called him lazy because of the bedwetting and I honestly think they thought that would fix the issue. If any of you had to deal with bedwetting and were denied protection I am sorry for whatever it's worth.

Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, Lewis Badger and 2 others
KenworthW900b said:
I really hate when parents take the diapers away like that will solve the problem, bedwetting will stop when it stops and it's really hard to make it stop before your body is ready. My very best friend was a bedwetter until he was thirteen and had not had a diaper since he was 4, his room that he shared with his younger brother smelled like straight piss and his parents constantly called him lazy because of the bedwetting and I honestly think they thought that would fix the issue. If any of you had to deal with bedwetting and were denied protection I am sorry for whatever it's worth.
I had this situation at around 5—I hit "day dry" late and was made to stay in wet clothes all day. I just couldn't feel when I was getting full to the point where I needed to go to the bathroom (possible nerve damage from being premature), so by the time I actually noticed it, it was "ow!" and wet. Pull-ups would have saved me a lot of embarrassment.

I mean, I would still have been fighting the night problem, but dry day pants/skirts/rompers would be nice.

I wet the bed until I was 15. I have had a few accidents since then, but nothing major. I kind of miss those times because everyone in my immediate family knew, so I could wear them at night and feel no shame. Now if I wear something around them I have to find something discreet and hope they don't find out.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2 and Pika123
I was out of diapers around age 2 but in training underwear and plastic underpants until I was about 4 and 1/2 due to occasional nighttime accidents. I was dry for about a year and then at a family church camp I wet my sleeping bag 3 nights straight. I remember being put back in to plastic underpants over my underwear but I did not have a wet sleeping bag the rest of the week so I was actually kind of glad my parents made me wear them again. By age 6 I was in regular underwear again but at age 8 and a first sleepover at my best friends I soaked the bed. His mom had me wear a full diaper and plastic underpants when I slept over again and though humiliated at first I actually liked wearing the protection as it did the job when I soaked them at night. She was not being mean but actually very helpful with my situation. I m not too sure if I was in plastic underpants with my regular underwear from age 8 - 10 but I did have a plastic mattress cover on my bed until about age 12 and at age 10 when I asked if it could be taken off my mother said we needed to wait a bit longer to see how things were going (so I must of still had some accidents at night).

From age 12 - 14 I wore plastic underpants that I bought (misunderstood wet dreams) but then I was out of my protection from 15 - 18. Going to college though I wet my bed several nights straight and quickly admitted (with the help of the housing counselor and understanding dorm mate) that I needed protection again. I wore nightly through age 23 but the nighttime accidents subsided over the years. Eventually I no longer needed protection but with a few minor nighttime wettings several times a year I discovered that training underwear and plastic underpants were best for me so I put myself back into this protection for peace of mind though I only have a few small accidents several times a year. I think my growing up and wearing protection just made it easier for me to wear protection now and not worry about it. It is standard underwear to me.

i was a heavy bed wetter until 17 and got over it really quick but just stayed in diapers.

I wet just about every night until I started college at 19. Never wore diapers for that, but always longed for them. I wanted to be back in diapers for as long as I can remember, so I’m not sure if the bed wetting was a reason for the dl thing or not. Started periodically wetting again at night at 35 and have been back in diapers from that point on. It was really wonderful to wake up in a dry bed and a wet diaper! I finally found out what that could have been like as a child. Now I’m mostly 24/7 as the wetting has morphed into urgency during the day as well.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, chamberpot and 1 other person
KenworthW900b said:
I agree, it wasn't even an option for me, one time when I was around 8 I asked for diapers and my parents got very upset though they still spitefully agreed, but only to guilt trip me out of it as it was done way before bed time, after that I never asked again and was just stuck with not having diapers.

I wet the bed last night - just checked its still soaking wet :love:
I dont wet by accident - a few times a year I will wet the bed for fun...
I will love crawling into my soggy bed to night.... most likely wont change the bedding until the weekend :)

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed, Pika123 and 1 other person
I wet almost nightly and diapered until age 7 or 8.

Wet less and less until it was just a few times a year. I didn't diaper at home. I diapered when away from home.

Started wetting again nightly when I was a teenager. At first, I didn't want to diaper. My mother (gently!) suggested that I would sleep better and be more comfortable, and that the laundry would be more manageable. My doctor agreed. After a couple of nights in a wet bed, I agreed.

There have been times when it was down to a few times a year. Even then I have diapered every night.

Bedwetting and diapering was routine in my family. My siblings all wet the bed and diapered until relatively late, some of them until they were teenagers. I was the only one who wet regularly past age 16. It was a little odd to diaper when younger siblings didn't.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, rdadvb59 and 1 other person
rio20090 said:
There have been times when it was down to a few times a year. Even then I have diapered every night.
It was a little odd to diaper when younger siblings didn't.

Hey Rio, I felt the same about it being odd at age 8 and being put back into a diaper and plastic underpants. I could accept it a bit easier since waking up in dry sheets and pajamas just felt better, and though I think my best friend knew I was wearing (it was his house for a sleepover that I soaked the bed and his mon had me wear protection the next time I slept over which I was grateful), he never made any comment about it. I even recall at some age 6 - 8 seeing through the lattice of a laundry basket at another friend's house with plastic underpants in it. I even recall seeing a young boy in kindergarten or first grade bending over at the playground and his plastic underpants showing which I thought odd for being awake but I still wore a year earlier every night, so who was I to judge. My parents never made a big deal about it. So up to that point it seemed I was not the only one.

Now at age 18 and having to wear again in college was very startling but based on my history and growing up I could accept it a lot better because it was better than wet sheets and my roommate easily accepted the fact I needed to wear protection at night.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, rdadvb59 and Pika123
i wore diapers until I was about 8. My parents tried one of the bedwetter alarms, but all it did was wake them and my brothers up. I just continued to wear underwear and PJs with a mattress protector . I continued to wet the bed most nights until age 19. It slowed down a bit for the next 8 years then came back for a few years. I was dry most nights until my late 40s. At that point I decided diapers were much better than a wet bed.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
I forget what age I was when I stopped. Wish I could wet the bed again😭

Reactions: Diprs2, Pika123 and chamberpot
JOCKMAN said:
and though I think my best friend knew I was wearing (it was his house for a sleepover that I soaked the bed and his mon had me wear protection the next time I slept over which I was grateful), he never made any comment about it.

it might be the case that his parents had a talk about it beforehand and said that he shouldn't comment on it because it might hurt your feelings.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, JOCKMAN and 1 other person
Lewis Badger said:
it might be the case that his parents had a talk about it beforehand and said that he shouldn't comment on it because it might hurt your feelings.
Yes -I can bet they said something to him after my first accident. I did find it odd that no one in his house ever noted any aspect of my bedwetting or wearing protection when I there for follow-up sleepovers. It was actually nice of them to not mention it. This made is easier as an 8 yo to wear protection at someone else's house.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lewis Badger and rdadvb59
M150 said:
i wore diapers until I was about 8. My parents tried one of the bedwetter alarms, but all it did was wake them and my brothers up. I just continued to wear underwear and PJs with a mattress protector . I continued to wet the bed most nights until age 19. It slowed down a bit for the next 8 years then came back for a few years. I was dry most nights until my late 40s. At that point I decided diapers were much better than a wet bed.
Very much like me.

Had the occasional bed wetting incident as a kid but actually suffered more from being so afraid of it happening that I just didn't sleep that well. I remember even in elementary school other kids remarking at the bags under my eyes from lack of sleep.
I actually sucked on a special blanket until I was 10 or so and probably always desired to be diapered in some way but had no idea how to get them or ask for them.
I actually started actual adult bed wetting four years ago during a time of extreme stress, I had to wear them every single night for about two years. I still wear almost every single night so I can actually sleep well and not wake up in a panic to hopefully make it to the bathroom in time.

Reactions: Diprs2
I wet the bed well into my teen years, thinking I was 16-17 when it finally stopped. All my parents did was a rubber sheet, and they washed my bedding regularly, but my room still smelled like a nursery

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric and abdl86
I was never really a bedwetter just an occasional accident but often wet my pants during the day as I waited too long to go to the bathroom. My mother would punish me by putting me back in diapers for a week and treating me like a big toddler who was teased about being back in diapers and plastic pants as a 9-10 year old. It seemed that I was spending more time in diapers than underwear as I'd wet my diapers after waiting to long to use the bathroom then I'd have to ask my mother to change me.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lewis Badger and wetaccident
Back