ABU Lavender

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Did ABU discontinue making Lavender diapers? They are no longer listed on their site except for their snail mail sale.

That is disappointing. They were hardly ever in stock, much like the rest of their products, so I doubt they didn’t sell well.

I cant help but think that their bunny hops may replace them. Although those are 2 tape and not single tape.

Have they released any pics of their new diapers?

Aw man bummer I really wanted to try the lavender diapers. Might just order a bag through their snail sale now if they're being discontinued

They don’t have my size available in that sale and they are also unscented, which was my favorite part of those kind of diapers. They had a very soft lavender smell.

Huh. I thought they were just out of stock...it still listed them on the mixed case page, but just under "Insufficient Quantities".

I liked them. :( I was gonna order more this time but they didn't have them.

Well, I still have ONE left and the bag with the label.

I'm not really into designs on nappies but these were an exception, and I used to choose them when I wanted to look or feel extra girly. Is there anything out there that has a teen / older feminine styling that would replace them?

I'm not really into designs either, mostly because they are all exceptionally childish. I wish there were more "grown up" designs/colors. The Lavenders were the one exception, I really liked that design.

Huh.. I was really put off by them, because the design looked like menstruation pad. This was the critique I heard often, especially from girls/women. I'm one of the rare guys who was like "yeech, shark week pad design on a diaper, no thanks"
There's still the City print from.. Northshore, I think?? I dunno, it's a diaper I can't get where I live (EU) so haven't properly dedicated their brand in my memory, but that is one of those "adult like" prints around.

I'm not a sissy or find girlish prints arousing or whatever, either. But I'll use any diaper with a print that evokes those "aww" feelings. Lavenders weren't one of those.

Those 'city' diapers are Fab Sense. Northshore doesn't stock them. :3

(Just sayin' for people who might go "HUH?!" and get excited.)

Northshore has the Supreme Lites in Purple, Blue or Green and they just have slightly lighter polka dots on them. They're pretty grown-up.

Reactions: TyphaHare
curiousdl said:
Have they released any pics of their new diapers?
Not that I have seeen :(

Huh.. I was really put off by them, because the design looked like menstruation pad. This was the critique I heard often, especially from girls/women. I'm one of the rare guys who was like "yeech, shark week pad design on a diaper, no thanks"

I noticed this and actually thought it was a positive feature for a particular reason. Sanitary pads are are everyday items that older girls and women wear as part of ordinary life. Not for fun, not for a medical condition, not because they have a specific interest in the product; it's just something that you do. Styling nappies in the same way creates a strong non-verbal implication that they are targeted at the same demographic and the same life scenario, I.e. a regular hygiene product for girls and women to use as they go about their lives. Even though purchasers of sanitary pads might specifically like the designs, and wearers of adult nappies might not either, the very fact that one is styled like the other makes it blend in.

I dislike AB designs because I'm not an AB, and can't wear them out and about in case the nappy gets exposed. Plain white is OK as are most medical designs, but if you look at what we call 'premium' nappies targeted at recreational users, if you are not an AB there is less choice, and few of the remaining options are designed to look something teens would buy in the supermarket. Lavenders did kind-of fit that bill.

Who else likes designs that are non-AB and non-medical looking?

I felt the mendtruation pad look made them look especially medical. Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back