Best / most comfortable diaper cover or plastic pants?

AngelKitten

Diapered But Proud!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hey, I've tried wearing vinyl pants over my diapers in the past, and always found them stiff and uncomfortable, especially after being washed and/or dried a few times - they tend to get very inflexible and crinkly. Does anyone know of any really soft and comfortable vinyl/plastic pants or diaper covers that I could buy that would work long-term? I honestly really like the look of plastic pants over my diapers. I have usually been just slipping on a 2X pair of underwear over my diapers so they don't sag or get loose. Any suggestions or ideas would be great and much appreciated. Thanks!

I use a Gary Active Wear diaper cover during the day. It is very thin and discrete. When I am out and about, you can't tell I am wearing a diaper. I am bladder and bowel incontinent and am diapered 24/7. At night, I use a Babykins terry lined PUL diaper cover. It is a really good cover that obsorbant any leaks I might have while sleeping.

Reactions: Tommypickles
I agree with Tundra 1975. In addition I'll add, don't wash your plastic pants with soap as that will make them hard and they'll crack. You can wash PUL plastic pants however. I wash mine in the washing machine. Never put any kind of plastic pants in the dryer. I hang mine on a plastic hanger and let them air dry.

Thank you. I researched things, and it looks the Gary Wear pants will be my go-to for diaper covers when I can afford to purchase them soon.

I like Haian vinyl pants--available on ebay --about $5/pair

I Can bolt recommend Gary active wear Pul pants. Great support of my diaper, and are waterproof. No crinkle, and they have lasted me almost three years now, and still going strong.

I second Haian (I've never been entirely comfortable trusting PUL and it's not as good as containing smells in my view) - in the UK you can get three pairs of Haian plastic pants for £10 and for the price they're durable (mine last about 2-3 years of being worn at least once or twice a week) and fairly comfortable.

Reactions: chuck and Zeke
Minih said:
I second Haian (I've never been entirely comfortable trusting PUL and it's not as good as containing smells in my view) - in the UK you can get three pairs of Haian plastic pants for £10 and for the price they're durable (mine last about 2-3 years of being worn at least once or twice a week) and fairly comfortable.
I find the Haian PVC pants to be much softer, more durable, more quiet, and more waterproof than the Haian PUL pants also.

Last edited:
I've tried many PUL, vinyl, pvc and Euroflex urethane pants from several different manufacturers with varying results. Enclosed elastics have helped with leakage that I encountered due to wicking. Lately I've found the Haian plain white vinyl pants that come in a 3 pack for about $18 from Amazon to be the best value and most effective at preventing leaks. Don't particularly like enriching the Chinese or Bezos but Gary pants just don't seem to be worth their triple cost in comparison. As far as washing my routine involves hot water hand wash with an aloe vera hand soap which seems to help prevent hardening of the plastic from skin oils and/or residual waste elements.

Any recommendations for equally cheap cloth diapers?

I wear Gary Diaper covers and like them because they are softer than vinyl they have thicker elastic bands around legs and waist.

Reactions: Tundra1975
Zeke said:
I've tried many PUL, vinyl, pvc and Euroflex urethane pants from several different manufacturers with varying results. Enclosed elastics have helped with leakage that I encountered due to wicking. Lately I've found the Haian plain white vinyl pants that come in a 3 pack for about $18 from Amazon to be the best value and most effective at preventing leaks. Don't particularly like enriching the Chinese or Bezos but Gary pants just don't seem to be worth their triple cost in comparison. As far as washing my routine involves hot water hand wash with an aloe vera hand soap which seems to help prevent hardening of the plastic from skin oils and/or residual waste elements.
I wash mine (pvc) in the machine-several pairs; small amt of detergent, extra delicate cycle. I put several pairs in the dryer with 3 large towels, low heat, 10 minutes. Works great.

Last edited:
srmousse said:
Any recommendations for equally cheap cloth diapers?

I've been purchasing Contour 2 gauze diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com when they are eligible for their 15% discount which happens a couple times a year. If you purchase 3 or more they are about $20 each and with the 15% discount they come out to about $17 each. I usually try to order 6 at a time to keep shipping costs down. These Contour 2 diapers have a 10 layer center, 4 layer sides and come with a 10 layer soaker pad that can be added for overnight use. I also add a bath sized terry towel for quick absorbion which then slowly wicks into the soaker and then the diaper. This helps prevent leaks when I "flood irrigate" while sleeping on my side. Additionally, a small terry hand towel next to my tush makes cleanup easier with fecal messes. If you would like folding instructions for the towels let me know.

Reactions: daylight, chuck, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Super helpful, thanks, I'd love some instructions. I'm very new to cloth, while I miss the crinkle of plastic, I appreciate the lessened leaks of cloth! Still not eliminated leaks, but better than almost weekly! Lol! I will also eventually appreciate the cost savings.

Last edited:
I use Kins (Babykins) towelling and rubber pants over disposables in bed to prevent leaks and they've never failed on me yet. (Nobody sells the full Gary range in the UK.)

Reactions: lilran
Zeke said:
I've been purchasing Contour 2 gauze diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com when they are eligible for their 15% discount which happens a couple times a year. If you purchase 3 or more they are about $20 each and with the 15% discount they come out to about $17 each. I usually try to order 6 at a time to keep shipping costs down. These Contour 2 diapers have a 10 layer center, 4 layer sides and come with a 10 layer soaker pad that can be added for overnight use. I also add a bath sized terry towel for quick absorbion which then slowly wicks into the soaker and then the diaper. This helps prevent leaks when I "flood irrigate" while sleeping on my side. Additionally, a small terry hand towel next to my tush makes cleanup easier with fecal messes. If you would like folding instructions for the towels let me know.
I love contour diapers and I have 6 or 7 of them. I also have birdseye cotton diapers from baby pants, I like them because I had birdseye diapers when I was a child, but they feel softer after several washings and are very absorbant

Reactions: Zeke and daylight
BABYKINS HAVE A FULL LINE OF PANTS AND THEY LAST FOR YEARS WITHOUT GETTING STIFF OR CRACKING AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY QUITE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND ALL THERE PRODUCTS. BABYKINS PRODUCTS
ARE HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY OF ANY COMPANY OUT THERE AND THERE SHIPPING IS GREAT AND FAST' I USE THE TUFFY PANT. THEY ARE HIGH WAIST AND HAVE PLENTY OD DIAPER ROOM.

I like PUL pants from Gary

PUL are what I've found are more durable and comfortable. I do find Gary's can cause heat rash/blisters around the elastic if they are too tight. I've tried a smaller size for daytime but, they are too tight whereas, a size up is better fitting but are harder to hide. If you know what I mean.

I've been struggling to find the right match during the day with the AIO types or covers with inserts. Wet pants from press out is causing me troubles. As for night usage, I recently bought a couple leak master contours to try, they are so much more comfortable. Why did I wait so long trying to figure out complex folds?

daylight said:
PUL are what I've found are more durable and comfortable. I do find Gary's can cause heat rash/blisters around the elastic if they are too tight. I've tried a smaller size for daytime but, they are too tight whereas, a size up is better fitting but are harder to hide. If you know what I mean.

I had to go a size up when ordering PUL pants. They actually fit fine and they better cover a pre-fold cloth diaper.

Back