Cloth diapers take 2

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey y'all, a while back I asked for opinions on aio style cloth diapers. I got a couple, one of which I really like, the rearz safari. I think it's a pocket diaper. The problem is, last night the pocket diaper leaked really bad. I'm a side sleeper... This means plastic pants, which is fine, but almost no point in aio style diapers if I need plastic pants.

SO, back to the drawing board...

I'm looking for recommendations for night time cloth diapers and plastic pants. I have one pair of plastic pants, but they are so spacious it almost feels like I'm wearing a balloon, lol!

There seems to be so many styles, flat, prefold, with Velcro, snaps, pin on, hour Glass shipped, pull-up, etc. I think I'd prefer Velcro or pin on over snaps, and some nights pull-ups might be nice, just for their ease. One other note, one of the aio style diapers has this black layer on one side that is a different material than the rest. It leaves me feeling dryer than the other one, which I like.

So I'm looking for brand and style recommendations for both the cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Thanks!

I think I'll start there. I'm leaving towards contoured, pin on diapers with a PUL cover.

I wear a large Megamax disposable diaper over night. Over that I wear a Gary 2X large pull-up cloth diaper, and a pair of Gary 2X pull-up plastic pants. This will catch any leaks and keep the bed dry. Lastly I wear a pair of extra large Dignity Washable Pant with Built-In Protective Pouch from Allegro medical. They keep the plastic from sticking to my legs. I know that these kinds of multiple layers my seem like a bit much but I'm sleeping through the night. I barely wake up and feel the urge, roll onto my back, go pee, and go right back to sleep. The best part is not having to get out of bed to go pee, and I wake up to a dry bed. Getting a good nights sleep is important at my age. Feeling that warm wet bulge in the morning is also a real turn on with E.D.

Pocket diapers leaked at night in my case as well. I was also unimpressed with the Dependeco diapers I ordered.

I finally settled on Rearz Omutsu Bulky Nighttime Cloth Diapers, which have Velcro® closures, and Gary 7mm plastic pants.

The Rearz diapers aren't cheap - about $30 each - but they've held up well and I've never had one leak. They are a contour style with waist gathers; I find them very comfortable for wear during the day as well.

Thanks all for the advice.

In the end, I got a rearz night time prefold and some Gary pul pants. Seem to be working so far. The pocket diapers are still useful during the day when I want to wear. I haven't really had day time issues in a many weeks, but I still enjoy wearing during the day.

I think the next pair will be the rearz with Velcro. The prefold is kinda a pain. The only thing I miss about the pocket diaper is the layer of fleece, it kept me feeling dryer and is a bit more comfy on my bits than the cotton prefold. I may pick up a fleece insert to place next to my skin.

Back