Feeling shamed. Close people know

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I feel so shamed that in this small group at work know my diaper and they. Shared with this other guy .who I didn't want to know. Now I wish I could take back the knowledge of my diapers. I feel Like. I am hate or something. Ori its a sign I need. To do acceptance. But. Dont know where to start

This is the problem with telling others. You can't take it back or undo it. This is why most of us keep it to ourselves. In my case, my wife knew and supported it, and my best male friend knew. He sort of found out by accident when I told him I had joined a blog site (this one, of course). I knew I could tell him that I was AB/DL because we were in a relationship all through college. But those are the only two people I have told, face to face.

All you can do now is to just do your job the best you know how. Lots of people have kinks, so if there are those that are talking about you, rest assured that they probably have their kinks too. They've just been wise to keep it their secret. After awhile, new news becomes old news and boring, so all you have to do is weather the storm for a while. It will eventually be uninteresting even to the small minded.

Yeah I agree with you and at least they didn't block me or defriend and never talk to me. That is the positive thing. So in the end. I just in to accept. This is me and there is nothing. Wrong. Being a diaper lover

makena43 said:
I feel so shamed that in this small group at work know my diaper and they. Shared with this other guy .who I didn't want to know. Now I wish I could take back the knowledge of my diapers. I feel Like. I am hate or something. Ori its a sign I need. To do acceptance. But. Dont know where to start
Makena I gather you tell anybody you meet that you are a diaper lover.

No i stop that activity.

makena43 said:
No i stop that activity.
How do these co workers know.

If you've shared it with someone who you can't place 100% trust in that they'll keep it to themselves and have made it clear, then yeah it's going to spread around. It may be part of their coping strategy or just something that comes up, or hopefully not but it could make for some hearty gossip content. As always you talk about acceptance and say you either have accepted yourself, or need to accept yourself, and if you haven't it'll come with time. If it's impacting your work and you can communicate well in real life it might be worth discussing it with these people about spreading knowledge about it, or if you feel it's impacting your work performance contact HR for your job and just mention it vaguely saying that there is some gossip spreading around that is impacting your ability to feel safe and comfortable in the workplace and they'll take care of it

I told two people. 2 months ago. And nobody else. I an looking for info for accept my self. I still feel eyes are on me still at work.

I mean, based on what you've told us in the past about how you used to tell everyone you met about your diapers, combine that with you telling two people at your current place of work (If not more) and more or less everyone you know knows, word spreads fast. Plus from what you've told us you've not exactly been discrete with it.

Imo, after this third or fourth thread in the past week or two basically all about the same thing, you reap what you sew. You need to take responsibility in that you did this to yourself, it's not anyone else's fault. This pitty party you're trying to start for yourself seems to be going in circles. I hate to say it but; You've cried wolf far too many times on here that people just can't take you seriously anymore. Changing the wording of the post slightly doesn't make it a different discussion.

This might sound harsh, but that's the reality of it at this point, I won't sugarcoat it for you anymore. You did it, you need to live with it, if you are having problems now then you should have thought about it before doing it. This is the kind of thing that stays private for a reason, people who like to make it super public are the reason why AB/DL's have a bad rap in the first place, and from what you've told us, you don't seem like you've exactly tried to be not-creepy about it.

Reactions: makena43 and littlemoosey
Most of your problems revolve around boundary issues. You don't set appropriate boundaries around what is public and private information, and you don't set appropriate boundaries around what requires approval from others and what doesn't.

As far as revealing your enjoyment of diapers, it is not appropriate to tell anybody face to face, unless you're involved in a sexual relationship with that person. That means that it is not a appropriate topic of discussion with your coworkers, your friends, or your family. Like most rules, people may find exceptions to this, but if you stick to this rule completely you won't go far wrong.

For looking for approval of others, it is appropriate to seek others' approval for your job performance and your appearance and behavior when you're in public. There is really little else that you need others to validate. There are more exceptions to this rule than the one above, but this captures the essential parts.

So, based on these, you don't need to feel ashamed for being a DL, but you should never tell a coworker, nor should you ever make it obvious that you're wearing a diaper. Telling your coworkers violates a boundary of what's private (which is awkward and uncomfortable for them - you should strive not to make others uncomfortable with your personal information), and acting in a way that reveals your diapers or failing to be discreet about them exposed you to negative public opinions, which you should generally avoid.

As long as you're not crossing boundaries or exposing yourself to negative public opinions, you don't need to feel bad about being a DL, and you can wear with quiet pride and confidence.

Reactions: makena43 and Trevor
Unfortunately people will find out on their own and will defiantly find out if you confide in the wrong person, diaper acceptance is key in dealing with incontinence and the need for diapers once accepted you need to stop worrying about what people may or may not say. If the topic comes up just say its a medical need and leave it at that most people will understand and not mention it again.

People now know and that can never be undone so you have to now accept it and move on as nothing is wrong diapers are now apart of your life and theres no changing that fact at the current time, The stress you put your self through worrying is not worth it there are millions of us that wear diaper 24/7 so chances you are not alone in wearing diapers in your area as adult diapers are becoming more and more common.

Reactions: makena43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back