First treatment

MommyScarlet

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hi everyone
This is MommyScarlet and we havent been on because of lots of things happening. I just got my first radiation/chemotherapy treatments one week ago. It knocked me for a loop! I've never had anything like this before in my life! This is for the cancer in my liver. There are multiple tumors in my liver and they are trying a new procedure. They go through a catheter placed in the main artery in my groin and going into my liver. The Drs "turn off" the blood flow to each tumor. Then put massive doses of chemo and radiation directly into the tumor. This is going to kill each tumor and is supposed to cut down on pain, hair loss and nausea. Well, it was supposed to anyway! This was the first treatment on the first tumor in my liver. There will be another same treatment coming in about two weeks on another tumor. This is because, as I said they're treating each tumor separately. If this will work as planned, it will prevent the cancer from spreading further. The lungs are still in question and we are going through testing right now to determine, first, what type of cancer and is it a danger. And second, if it IS dangerous to me, what can be done! So there's a lot going on right now! There are so many things and so many Drs! It's really very hard to keep up with all of it! I'm doing ok though and I'm staying positive. I'm so grateful to all of My family here for all of the Love, support and prayers! I dont think you can know what it means to me! It means an awful lot!!

Now, more to this saga...
ybboB had a minor stroke. He's doing much better, but still has a couple things he's dealing with because of it. It's believed his stroke was because of stress related to what we've been going through with my illnesses. In all of our time we never imagined so much could ever happen at one time, let alone separately. Our Love for each other is our constant strength and there have been some people who have doubted that we could possibly remain together during this whole ordeal. It's only strengthened our dedication to each other! So as We struggle on, we have your love helping us get through it all. My little boy is such a trooper for his Mommy! I love him so very much and I know he loves me! ybboB just asked me to give all of his friends and family his love!! He will be back as soon as he can figure out how to make his fingers type right again. He's doing wonderfully and shouldn't be very long now! He wants his friends to know he loves you all. PB, littlemoosey and others, he misses you!

Well, I'm still here as well and I miss my friends too! Mamma2moosey will always be my dear friend and I miss our chats! Please don't forget we're here. We might have lost some few things, but it's still us and we love you folks with all our hearts!

In closing this epic message for me to write, I want to again thank all of our friends and family here and we love each and every one of you!! Hoping to hear from our friends soon..

Still us,
ybboB🍼👶 n MommyScarlet 💃

• Sad
Reactions: RetroGamerGuy, egor, Poofybutt and 1 other person
Darn that IS tough. My dad survived a stroke a couple years ago only to succumb to brain cancer just last year. Neither one is a joke. Hope you both pull through ok, or better yet make 100% recoveries.

Reactions: MommyScarlet
Take each day as it comes and fight only that day's battle. Praying for the both of you.

Hang in there both of you 🤗

Cancer is tough, but it can be beat. I have multiple family members who conquered it, one on two occasions and they are still with us. So to you, MommyScarlet, stay strong and take things as they come.

I'm sorry to hear about YbboB as well. The minute I read he suffered a minor stroke, I knew before reading the next line that it was likely stress related. These types of concerns weigh heavily on everyone involved. Continue being there for one another and hopefully, you'll both weather the storm.

Best of luck to both of you. Sending positive vibes and more hugs in your time of need 🤗

• Love
I'm so sorry for all the two of you are going through. I have heard of the procedure you are going through and it has shown success. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Thank you everyone. ybboB had not seemed right and I was scared and panicked myself. I just didn't know what was happening. Over the last month and a half, so much has happened. He's doing real well. Walking and talking with only residual signs he ever stroked, but he feels very ashamed. Yes, he's my little boy, but in our real world he's a strong man who takes pride in doing the things he does. This was a small stroke. 7 years ago he had a massive stroke and this one scared him. He wasn't acting right and I got scared. It triggered me into remembering past abusive relationships. Even though he's NEVER touched me inappropriately in anger, because of it being My birthday and a lot of other things tied in, I was frightened. He actually couldnt talk right then and I was trying to get him to talk to people. He couldn't communicate that he couldn't talk right and he left! He was found in a Wal-Mart parking lot later that night and sent to the hospital. He was given medicine for strokes and as it was not that long into it, it worked and he's doing very well.

My cancer has him very scared. I sometimes think he's more scared than I am! The way the medicine they put in me makes me look and feel is hard to deal with. We're staying positive and you, my friends and family, are a huge help to both of us!

We love all of you!
ybboB says hello and he loves you! He misses his friends and there's a pilot who he wants him to know that he couldn't talk. Can't say a lot, but hope it's understood.

Ok, I don't usually do these big messages, but ybboB's helping with as much as he can. All of you are very important to us and we need you! Please don't forget us as we were, not as we are.

With love to all, it's still us,
ybboB🍼👶 n MommyScarlet💃

Reactions: egor and Poofybutt
Thinking of you both and hoping turn out for the better.

momma2moosey and I still think of you two often, you are still in our prayers as well. Momma2moosey added an extra line for ybbboB tonight as well. Just keep on working on your treatments and getting stronger.

My heart goes out for the both of you. I hope for the best outcome for you.

Thank you for the update.

MommyScarlet, I’m so sorry to read all that you and ybboB are going through, but thank you for the update. As Littlemoosey said, you both have been and will continue to be in our prayers! Will be anxious to hear reports on how things are going and that you’re kicking cancer’s butt! Also waiting to hear the good news that ybboB has fully recovered and is back to his playful little boy self! Keep us posted, we’re here for you! Sending love and {{{hugs}}} 😘

I'm new here, but I can relate to your situation. I lost my sister last year to her 4th bout of cancer. Everyone in the family seems to have developed a new stress related health condition.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in you fight against this vile illness.

I hope your treatment gets you back to 100% and I'm glad it was a minor stroke hang in there you got this

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Back