Pressure buildup while sitting

NotTheAverageMan said:
It took years for my bladder to shrink. I still remember when I first became incontinent and how I struggled, finding adequate protection, and that was only after several unsuccessful attempts of using various medications to calm my detrusor muscle so I wouldn't get these strong urges to urinate all the time, and having accidents in my pants. After months of trying different types of medications, without much success and very unpleasant side effects, I gave up and told my doctor that I would start using protection. In the beginning I had to use thick diapers to manage my output, but after years now being diapered 24/7, I can now wear more discrete diapers, though I found out that a microfiber cloth diaper booster in a disposable diaper helps wick wetness through the whole diaper, plus as mentioned my bladder has shrunk down in capacity, which is both good and bad.
The good thing, I rarely flood anymore, meaning less leaks. The bad thing is, it has increased the frequency I wet, resulting in me having to be protected at all times, so I don't have any choice anymore, than to wear a diaper, because I never know when I wet, and also the dribbles in between.

Thanks for the info. The floods are what get annoying. Though it doesn't happen often, there have been multiple times I have leaked and left a wet spot down my front because the diaper couldn't keep up with the flood. The worst was standing in a pair of khakis, talking to a guy and I could see his eyes follow the path of the wet spot. A smaller bladder would, hopefully, eliminate those times. And of course, not wearing light colored pants helps too!

RedStripeLvr said:
Thanks for the info. The floods are what get annoying. Though it doesn't happen often, there have been multiple times I have leaked and left a wet spot down my front because the diaper couldn't keep up with the flood. The worst was standing in a pair of khakis, talking to a guy and I could see his eyes follow the path of the wet spot. A smaller bladder would, hopefully, eliminate those times. And of course, not wearing light colored pants helps too!
I was the same at first. My worst leaks always happened back when I still had the most control. I'd have a bursting bladder and inevitably end up flooding 500+ml into my diaper all at once. Even the abeana L4 diapers I used to use were sometimes prone to leaking even upon my fist wetting. Now I have a near constant drip with only slight "floods" of maybe 50ml at once. As such, I can get away with less capable diapers but change more often. I still prefer premium diapers though.

winterheart01 said:
My urologist is putting me on similar meds, tamsulosin , silodosin etc, α₁-adrenoceptor antagonists to relax all tissue around prostate as a have sphincter spasms when voiding. They are not working and cause serious rhinitis, even gave me sinus infections. Now i switched to alfuzosin, which has less side effects but also doesn't seem to do anything.
Next in line is surgery again...#9
Oh yea, I also underwent surgery. During one of My first exams, my urologist found scar tissue in my urethra, which he thought could be the reason behind my overactive bladder. It was removed but to no avail, I still had a leaky bladder.
Btw. None of the medication I was put on helped enough, and given the side effects I experienced, meant diapers for me, was a better choice.

NotTheAverageMan said:
Oh yea, I also underwent surgery. During one of My first exams, my urologist found scar tissue in my urethra, which he thought could be the reason behind my overactive bladder. It was removed but to no avail, I still had a leaky bladder.
Btw. None of the medication I was put on helped enough, and given the side effects I experienced, meant diapers for me, was a better choice.
Exaclty the same here, except instead of leaks it was to treat moderate retention after numerous TURP's.
The scar tissue kept coming back 3 months after each surgery, still does.
Their reason to remove the scar tissue so frequently was to reduce bacteria buildup to reduce future scar tissue growth, but that clearly failed.
Secondary to improve urinary flow, but that was of short nature.
That's why after all this my bladderneck is so oversensitive to anything from all the cutting that the urges are strong and the sphincter has spasms every now and then, for which surgery was already done which made it fine for several years but now its coming back)

Happens to me all the time. I often don't have any feeling of the need to pee until I stand up and then usually flood my nappy.

Reactions: DiaperedNightly
rumples82 said:
Also just out of curiosity do female have the same issue at times. Just thought I would put that out there. Being they are sitting down you would think there could possibly be pressure to?
We do too. I am a bedwetter. Have been for years. But. My daytime control is hit or miss. When I have to go I have to go. There is no waiting till I get a break. Or when traveling for work in my car there is no waiting till the next rest stop. When sitting I can feel the pressure build up, but it won't come out. But as soon as I stand up I flood. I normally sit slightly reclined and that helps. A lot of times I will just feel the wet. I try not to be diaper dependent during the day so I have no interest in trying to find the best chair or position to sit in. But. It's definitely painful trying to go or hold it while sitting. Especially while driving.

So good to now I'm not the only one. I sometimes get a strange sensation in my urethra like an electric current or a continuous flow of urine but can still be dry, it is very confusing. Is this common?

hat
toyboy said:
So good to now I'm not the only one. I sometimes get a strange sensation in my urethra like an electric current or a continuous flow of urine but can still be dry, it is very confusing. Is this common?
The latter (the feeling you're continuisly leaking) I had too occiasionally, but turned out nothing happened. No idea what is behind it but the doctos found nothing worth noting for that.

I
toyboy said:
I get that, too. I don't know if it's urethral irritation or if it's a nerve misfiring, but it's very frustrating.

definetly can relate, had that happening tonight when dropping off my cousin at the train station, did not realize we'd be out so long.

For me its worse when I am flying. Maybe its the altitude.
One time I was stuck in the window seat next to someone who was sleeping. The pain from the pressure was terrible and I couldn't go unless I stood up and I didn't want to wake up the other passenger. I had to deal with this pain for several hours.
I think its a combination of the anatomy constricting and an overly distended bladder that cannot easily contract.
Now I get an aisle seat if I can. Or I make sure that my bladder is not full before I sit for the flight.

winterheart01 said:
Depending on which chair i sit on i have the problem my urethra and sphincter are completely pressed shut. Whenever i go i cannot and this pressure builds up to painful levels.
When i stand up or lift up a bit it then all comes out.

At home i don't have this at all, i was wondering if others have this problem too and which pose to sit would help a bit for this.
I have the same problem.

I think it has to do with the way you're sitting, what you're sitting on, and/or the tightness of your clothes.

Standing up helps. Sometimes leaning back and adjusting your seated position may relief some of the pressure, but it's a bit obvious

Back