Unintentional diaper training

Status
Not open for further replies.
mayhem said:
This paper proves absolutely nothing. You still have yet to prove your original post. You're simply wrong and fail to prove that you're right. Giving some generalized article about the heart (when we're talking about the external sphincter and bladder) is entirely useless. Maybe you should refrain from posting things that you know absolutely nothing about. All you've done is make a fool of yourself.
Or maybe this post that was in resonse to a paper I linked proving muscle atrophy can happen to any muscle, even the heart.

• Haha
Reactions: mayhem
mayhem said:
Are you really that stupid or is your reading comprehension sub grade school level? I clearly stated that atrophy can only happen due to an underlying issue (like nerve damage or scarring). I said atrophy of the external sphincter cannot happen from simply relaxing it. The burden of proof is on you. You posted this fetid pile of BS claims. It is up to you to provide evidence that it is true. You have not done that. You can report me all you want. Your post is entirely false and people will take it as advice on trying to become incontinent. You’re not a very bright person.
Or perhaps this post you made saying atrophy can only ever occur because of some other issue like nerve damage.

• Haha
I've already warned you about derailing my thread. The fact you can't even give a single citation showing muscle atroph absolutely will never happen, is proof in itself you have no intention of conducting a logical debate, and are only attempting to derail what started as a simple statement to help others be more aware of what they may be doing. You've been reported.

• Haha
Diaperedguzzy said:
Yes atrophy is possible but in extreme conditions and would require the aid of a paralytic as involuntary spasms occur. One can train the relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles as well as the frequent release of the muscles contracting the bladder at the slightest urges. It’s like when you are standing in the shower or sitting on the toilet and seem to pee without feeling or thought it just happens. Over time this can lead to a weakening of the secondary muscles and you almost forget how to use them. Permanent atrophy without neurological disfunction is extremely unlikely.
Not true in the least. Have you ever had a cast on for 6+ months. That muscle will absolutely have atriophied through nothing more than not being used. No paralytic, and no neurological dysfunction. And I never once said diaper training is permanent. In fact, if you look back at my many other posts you'll see I do mention repotty training quite oftwn. Which is otherwise known as restrengthening your ateophied sphincter and bladder muscles.

• Haha
Slomo said:
It is exactly what we have been discussing. The possiblity of muscle atrophy within the internal sphincter muscle. Gods, you dont even know what the topic of this thread is do you. You've been arguing just for the sake of trolling. Please quit or I'll be reporting you as well.
The internal sphincter doesn't matter as much as the external... try again.

Slomo said:
I've already warned you about derailing my thread. The fact you can't even give a single citation showing muscle atroph absolutely will never happen, is proof in itself you have no intention of conducting a logical debate, and are only attempting to derail what started as a simple statement to help others be more aware of what they may be doing. You've been reported.

First YOU need logic to have a logical debate. You lack that. You also lack the slightest bit of education on the urinary system. I'm not derailing your stupidity; I'm showing you that you are simply wrong with your statements. In fact, just to further prove you wrong: people with a foley catheter in place for a year or more should experience (by your stupid logic) atrophy of the external sphincter since it's being held open. They don't.

mayhem said:
people with a foley catheter in place for a year or more should experience (by your stupid logic) atrophy of the external sphincter since it's being held open.
Not saying you're wrong, I don't know enough to say you are, but being held open does not equate to being relaxed. Can it still be clenching itself as tightly closed as it can (even if that isn't at all) against the catheter?

flipside said:
Not saying you're wrong, I don't know enough to say you are, but being held open does not equate to being relaxed. Can it still be clenching itself as tightly closed as it can (even if that isn't at all) against the catheter?

Calcification should technically take place. However, it doesn't on a level that is enough to cause problems. That is an example far more extreme than what Slomo originally posted.

mayhem said:
The internal sphincter doesn't matter as much as the external... try again.
Wow is that incredibly wrong. You seriously need a class in biology. It takes both sphincters to be open in order to pee.

• Haha
flipside said:
Right, that's why I said before open, or at least constantly relaxed. The sphincter doesn't have to be in a truely open state to allow pee to pass. Even just moderately closed can be overcome by the force of a bladder contraction.

And yes, the sphincters absolutely can be clenched "closed" around a catheter. At one point I had catheters in for 7 months straight. Immediately after pulling it out my external sphincter went right back to fully clenched closed again. Because that was what it was doing all along. I had a neurogenic dyssynergia causing that though, after even the first month most people will instinctively beging to always relax their external sphincter from not using it. Of which causes that "could never possibly happen" atrophy, and will require restrengthening the muscle.

• Haha
Slomo said:
Right, that's why I said before open, or at least constantly relaxed. The sphincter doesn't have to be in a truely open state to allow pee to pass. Even just moderately closed can be overcome by the force of a bladder contraction.

And yes, the sphincters absolutely can be clenched "closed" around a catheter. At one point I had catheters in for 7 months straight. Immediately after pulling it out my external sphincter went right back to fully clenched closed again. Because that was what it was doing all along. I had a neurogenic dyssynergia causing that though, after even the first month most people will instinctively beging to always relax their external sphincter from not using it. Of which causes that "could never possibly happen" atrophy, and will require restrengthening the muscle.

Which entirely goes against you first post... Thank you for proving yourself wrong. You're such a joke.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Wow is that incredibly wrong. You seriously need a class in biology. It takes both sphincters to be open in order to pee.

Correct. However, the internal is involuntary and doesn't matter nearly as much as the external. The one you speak of is the external. Your original post states that it will weaken (aka atrophy) which it will not. Get a clue. Get an education. You're spreading your own ignorance as if it were a fact. You're not a doctor. You lack the intellectual capacity to ever become a doctor. You cannot and will not ever be able to prove me, or any of the others who have shown you opposition to your post as being wrong.

Slomo said:
Uh, hello... I AM legitimately physically and fully, funtionally, urinary incontinent. So yeah, I know what it's like. And the WHOLE point of this post is to point out to those who are unintentionally diaper training themselves that they are likely going to become incontinent. And yes, as I said, anyone finding themselves becoming incontinent needs to stop and think if this is really what they want. Why you may ask, because like you said it CAN lead to suffering. Sort of like "the grass is always greener on the other side untill you get there". What about this warning of mine make this topic borderline wrong???
The comment wasn't aimed at you. It was more aimed at the fact that there are those that wish they were incontinent and just that idea in a forum where people who have no choice and have to live with it.

I am going to leave this thread with this thought. The mind is a powerful thing. You put your mind to the idea of becoming diaper dependent you can accomplish it. It might take quite a while because your mind has been trained to hold it. Start letting your bladder go the min you start to feel the need to go. Eventually your bladder will probably shrink. It doesn't have to hold as much as it did before. Eventually you will probably be able to go without having to think about it because the brain will ignore the signal that your body is sending saying it has to go. Will other things happen when you do this probably. Potty training is something that is learned and you can unlearn it as well just be aware that if you do it may have undesirable consequences.
I will put this out there. I have been in diapers for quite a while myself I don't wear 24/7 as I don't have to right now. There have been changes in my bathroom habits because I do wear a diaper. I tend to notice that I go more when I am not diapered but that is because when not diapered I am making trips to the bathroom because the signal is being sent that I have to go. When diapered that signal is sent and I just go. So the first sense for me is a sense of urgency as well as frequency. I guess long story short. If you are wearing diapers and starting to have problems that you don't want to have you might want to rethink your idea of wearing diapers. If you are having problems that you don't want to have you might also want to go see a doctor make sure nothing is wrong. If diapers are what you desire then diaper up ignore what you have been taught and be prepared to be that way for quite a while. It is not easy to retrain yourself from what I understand

Reactions: rumples82, ozziebee and Deleted member 44276
Personal attacks are not acceptable on this forum.
That includes name-calling, such as saying other people are stupid.
Anyone doing so is going to get a warning from moderators, and will likely find their account limited.

Keep it civil, everyone.

Reactions: oscar, Honeywell6180, Safariwolf and 6 others
I don’t even have the ambition to go through all the posts here so it’s probably already been said...

Incontinence and potty training are 2 separate things. Yes wearing diapers and training your body to use them may cause you to lose your potty training and likely cause the bladder to shrink a bit

But, it doesn’t cause any physical damage on its own that would make you incontinent.

I don’t know why so many abdls want to damage themselves to become incontinent to “feel like a baby”. A baby isn’t incontinent, it’s not potty trained, it knows when it needs to void and does so whenever it pleases because it hasn’t been trained to only do so in a toilet

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 44276
One of the reasons urologists do not recommend diapers as a management solution is that they will lead to worse bladder issues or bowel issues over time as your body adapts to being diapered and starts to relax your muscle. I personally have noticed my Ic issue has grown worse over time as my accidents increase in frequency and reduced volume if I am not in a diaper ir sitting on an absorbant pad there will be a puddle created in short order.

Diaper dependancy even with out an underlying medical condition can happen quicker then you think especially if you have a mind set of freely peeing when ever you feel the need. Since I have accepted being back in diapers and wet 80 percent of the time any ways i simply use my diaper and have grown to appreciate the fact I no longer need to run to the bathroom. dont get me wrong if my urologist can find the cause of my Bladder issue and can guarantee no more accidents I would switch back to underware in a second.

Reactions: RedStripeLvr, Deleted member 44276 and NotTheAverageMan
Rob110 said:
One of the reasons urologists do not recommend diapers as a management solution is that they will lead to worse bladder issues or bowel issues over time as your body adapts to being diapered and starts to relax your muscle. I personally have noticed my Ic issue has grown worse over time as my accidents increase in frequency and reduced volume if I am not in a diaper ir sitting on an absorbant pad there will be a puddle created in short order.

Diaper dependancy even with out an underlying medical condition can happen quicker then you think especially if you have a mind set of freely peeing when ever you feel the need. Since I have accepted being back in diapers and wet 80 percent of the time any ways i simply use my diaper and have grown to appreciate the fact I no longer need to run to the bathroom. dont get me wrong if my urologist can find the cause of my Bladder issue and can guarantee no more accidents I would switch back to underware in a second.
This is also my experience. A lot of times after being back in diapers for many years, I find, if I'm focused on other matters, my bladder just empties, and does so, without any prior feeling of needing to void. It has become the norm now, and I may have been diaper trained.
Note, I have OAB and urge incontinence, and it is in my papers.

Rob110 said:
One of the reasons urologists do not recommend diapers as a management solution is that they will lead to worse bladder issues or bowel issues over time as your body adapts to being diapered and starts to relax your muscle.

Yeah and risk having public accidents and have everyone see it and having to clean it up and carry extra pants with you and imagine being in someone's house or in a store and this happens. Pretty selfish to not wear protection. Also not being able to live a normal life because you can't relax because you always have to be near the bathroom and spend time wondering if there will be a toilet nearby and don't forget long lines in restrooms or someone using the single restroom. There are always all these disadvantages to your medical issue and society creating road blocks so a diaper is the solution. I would pick that over accidents and living around the toilet. Anyone who expects people to live that way are insane and I call it a form of ableism. I feel sorry for kids that have to live this way because their parents won't let them wear diapers and I think that is a form of child abuse.

ykdprdave said:
I don’t even have the ambition to go through all the posts here so it’s probably already been said...

Incontinence and potty training are 2 separate things. Yes wearing diapers and training your body to use them may cause you to lose your potty training and likely cause the bladder to shrink a bit

But, it doesn’t cause any physical damage on its own that would make you incontinent.

I don’t know why so many abdls want to damage themselves to become incontinent to “feel like a baby”. A baby isn’t incontinent, it’s not potty trained, it knows when it needs to void and does so whenever it pleases because it hasn’t been trained to only do so in a toilet
Sort of. Incontinence is defined as lacking the voluntary control to hold one's urine or feces. Incontinent adults tend to lack the physical capacity to control their urine, but it is possible to condition one's mind to give up the mental control too. In this regard it is legitimate incontinence, without having caused any actual bodily damage. Babies though, lack the mental conditioning and/or mental capacity to voluntarily hold their pee. So they too actually do fit the definition of being incontinent.

Reactions: lilshelly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back