What diapers did you wore as a baby/kid? you can post a picture of the diapers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3guuM44

El Baby Pañalito
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
you can post a picture of the diapers too!

Not to be a party pooper (pun intended), but there’s already a thread on this topic:

T3guuM44 said:
you can post a picture of the diapers too!

Even if my parents did hang onto any of my used diapers, I'm quite certain I don't want to see them now! ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 9978, ronnieM, chamberpot and 1 other person
With pictures this time?! That changes everything!!

Well, ... except the diapers.

I was born in the late-mid 70's, and was put in cloth diapers. Very early on, my parents used a diaper service, but moved outside of the service area right around the time I turned 1. At that point, they stocked up on Curity "Day/Night" prefolds, and that's what I wore until I was potty-trained at age 3. It's also what I wore well into my ABDL years. My diaper stash was passed to my younger sister, and then (mostly) put into a box in the garage--which, of course, I found.

That box, it turns out, is still right where it was in the garage, and is still full of diapers. A few years back, I nabbed four of them while visiting, and so I can make the rare claim of possessing not merely the same kind of diaper I wore as a baby, but some of the actual diapers I wore as a baby. And I've since acquired nearly 100 more of them via eBay. I admit having a "problem." :)

A few pictures from my collection:

full

(box, gotten from eBay)

full

(stack of one dozen diapers + pins)

full

(closer-up shot of logo)

In my quest to collect these, I've discovered that there are several versions. The pictures above (including the box) are of the first version, and this is the version I wore as a baby. Two subsequent versions were made and sold during the 80's. The first of these has the same logo, but a slightly more open fabric weave on the side panels. These are still nice, and I have a few of them in my collection. The final revision has the amusing words "This side towards baby" printed underneath the circle/crown logo. These diapers had a stay-dry fabric under one side, and an altogether different twill-weave exterior that doesn't pucker/quilt up nearly as much. I don't like this v3 version at all. I had some in my stash for a while, never used them, and ultimately let them go in a controlled purge of under-used diapers a few years ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, littlemoosey, tighe and 1 other person
Well according to my mom she mostly bought Pampers and PullUps for me as they worked best and leaked less. This was 1994-98 (yes I was almost 4 being potty trained lol)

Reactions: luvs79
Can we just put a tag on top of this forum or the diaper forum for this? This question keeps coming up over and over.... Im starting to feel dizzy

Cottontail said:
In my quest to collect these, I've discovered that there are several versions. The pictures above (including the box) are of the first version, and this is the version I wore as a baby. Two subsequent versions were made and sold during the 80's. The first of these has the same logo, but a slightly more open fabric weave on the side panels. These are still nice, and I have a few of them in my collection. The final revision has the amusing words "This side towards baby" printed underneath the circle/crown logo. These diapers had a stay-dry fabric under one side, and an altogether different twill-weave exterior that doesn't pucker/quilt up nearly as much. I don't like this v3 version at all. I had some in my stash for a while, never used them, and ultimately let them go in a controlled purge of under-used diapers a few years ago.

This is pretty great! Hunting for sales/deals on old versions of diapers is an expensive hobby but it's also a fun one. So do you prefer cloth today, to disposables, having grown up in cloth diapers?

Just recently some seller on eBay posted Pampers Easy Ups from 2014 for sale and they had a photo of some storage room with literal cases of these stacked up, I was super tempted to buy an entire case but alas I live in a 1bdr apartment with my wife, so storage space is precious. But it's difficult to resist buying what you've been seeking for months/years when you see it for sale since those old designs will never be made again.

Do you regret letting go of these in your purge?

Cottontail said:
With pictures this time?! That changes everything!!

Well, ... except the diapers.

I was born in the late-mid 70's, and was put in cloth diapers. Very early on, my parents used a diaper service, but moved outside of the service area right around the time I turned 1. At that point, they stocked up on Curity "Day/Night" prefolds, and that's what I wore until I was potty-trained at age 3. It's also what I wore well into my ABDL years. My diaper stash was passed to my younger sister, and then (mostly) put into a box in the garage--which, of course, I found.

That box, it turns out, is still right where it was in the garage, and is still full of diapers. A few years back, I nabbed four of them while visiting, and so I can make the rare claim of possessing not merely the same kind of diaper I wore as a baby, but some of the actual diapers I wore as a baby. And I've since acquired nearly 100 more of them via eBay. I admit having a "problem." :)

A few pictures from my collection:

full

(box, gotten from eBay)

full

(stack of one dozen diapers + pins)

full

(closer-up shot of logo)

OMG! Do I remember Curity Diapers! :love:

I was born in 1959, and all through out the 1960s and 1970s my mom had an in-home daycare and ALL of the babies were diapered with either Curity flat-folds or pre-folds, or the Gerber Birdseye pre-folds. Most moms liked the Curity flat-folds because depending upon the fold, they could fit either a newborn or a chubby 4 year-old "toddler" still in diapers.

I remember growing up, EVER backyard clothesline in Phoenix, Arizona in the 1960s and 1970s had tons of freshly washed diapers drying in the sun. I actually wrote a blog post on this very topic the other day.

Reactions: WillFord384, tighe and WABX
fakename said:
So do you prefer cloth today, to disposables, having grown up in cloth diapers?
Mainly cloth, although I like disposables also. And actually, I use these old Curity diapers quite often. Part of the reason I've collected so many is so that I can have a large rotation and not worry about wearing them out. A couple of years ago, I even hired a seamstress to turn a bunch of them into adult diapers, so I've got adult-ized versions too. Fun to be diapered in the same diapers I wore as a baby--almost.

fakename said:
Do you regret letting go of these in your purge?
No, not really. I don't collect to collect, I collect to wear. If it's not something I find myself wearing, it has to go. My diaper stash is always at maximum capacity, so I'm always in a mode of weeding out the stuff I don't wear to make room for more of what I do wear. Or else for something I haven't tried.

BusyBritches said:
I was born in 1959, and all through out the 1960s and 1970s my mom had an in-home daycare and ALL of the babies were diapered with either Curity flat-folds or pre-folds, or the Gerber Birdseye pre-folds.
I don't have many memories of my babyhood in the 70's, but even in the early 80's those Curity cloth diapers were still popular. I can clearly remember a couple younger siblings of my friends running around in them, and in Curity training pants. On one torturous occasion, which I've discussed here before, I was spending the night with one of these friends when his mom, holding a pair of Curity prefolds, called out to his three-year-old sister to come and get her diapers on for bedtime. His sister proceeded to throw an enormous tantrum--really, it was rather mean of her mom to "out" her like that in front of us--and did as she was told only after being threatened with a spanking. Of course, as she toddled off in tears to get diapered and put to bed, I'd have given anything to trade places with her. Adolescent DL-hood: Awkward!

Last edited:
Reactions: tighe and BusyBritches
Cloth 1974 then Early Pampers 1975/1976

Love the Cottontail Diaper Museum.
I’m not sure about your curating technique of using them 😂
Thats an early box for sure- definitely predating you , esp mentioning Kendall.
You're dialed in on them and the old locking diaperpins! By the looks of ebay, your not alone either!

Reactions: BusyBritches
Honestly I only remember pull-ups

drawer said:
Love the Cottontail Diaper Museum.
I’m not sure about your curating technique of using them 😂
Thats an early box for sure- definitely predating you , esp mentioning Kendall.
You're dialed in on them and the old locking diaperpins! By the looks of ebay, your not alone either!
Agreed!

Any memories I have were pampers and that’d be around 1990

huggies when i was ages 4 12 when i was born 1981 i dont know to young

Last edited:
I never asked but I want to say Huggies.

I seem to remember seeing boxes of Pampers when I was little so I'm assuming I wore Pampers. Did they ever come in a purple package?

1955-1970 ish, Terry towelling nappies with at first rubber pants and then plastic pants. Was a bedwetter well into my teens.

Last edited:
Pampers from 1973 to 1976ish. Still love the sent. 😲

1982-huggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back