Are there stronger garbage bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So this being the end of the week and since I have started to wear a little more often than I the past, and me having recently got a Garbage Can to use as a Diaper Pail, I was about to take out the Diapers and the bag had ripped; so I grabbed a couple garbage bags and double bagged the diapers and it just barely held up until I got to the Can outside

In the past I would do most of my wearing and using on the weekend and would have just taken any used diapers out almost immediately, or only had 1 or 2 used ones at a time if it was not a good time for it.

So my question is are there stronger bags? We use the ones you find at the store with that texturized looking pattern that is supposed to help prevent ripping and tearing under weight

And it seems to work for regular garbage, but man these very absorbent ABDL Diapers get very heavy.

I suppose I should probably only fill the Diaper Pail half way at a time so the bags dont rip and potentially create an embarrassing situation if it were to happen right outside and somebody saw it happen or saw me picking up used diapers right in front of my house (especially as I've have lived in this town long enough that a lot of people know me and I know a lot of people; though most not on any kind of personal level)

DanielW said:
You can get the black heavy-duty bags, but you are better off simply not letting it get so full before emptying it. Been there, I had a bag rip and about a dozen or so diaper balls roll down my driveway and into the street. I had a graet time picking them up while trying not to get hit by passing cars.

Yeah that's what I was thinking because I can imagine that would be very embarrassing; though it would have to be some pretty strong winds to just push diapers around like that.

DanielW said:
my driveway is a ramp down towards the street

Yikes, I like just at the bottom of a small hill where the street levels off, so if a garbage bag ripped the Diapers wouldnt move very far unless it were very windy; but I also do live in kind of the middle of town; right off the main road

So it's still terrifying to think about (even though there probably wouldnt be any consequences besides being embarrassed)

go to home depot and get yourself some real garbage bags. over 3 mils thick would be great. I use them all the time and in the city we have rats that run around on the street. Wind resistant for sure and very hard to rip.

The local "dump" is only 5 minutes away for me. I keep a garbage bag hidden in my big shed where I know no one will find it, every 2 weeks I do a garbage run!!!

My biggest.. BIGGEST fear is that I put the garbage out on the street and...

1. My wife has a handful of garbage and unties my diaper garbage bag to toss it in and sees my stash
  2. OR!!!!!! Some raccoons tear the bag apart and I wake up to cute Crinklz ABDL diapers scattered all over the end of my driveway!
Imagine that lol

What kind of cheap bags are you currently using? I've been using standard kitchen bags (sold in food stores) in my diaper pail for a real long while now. They seldom would rip while trying to remove the bag from the pail though. So a few years ago I switched to using the extra strong hefy kitchen bags (also available in food stores). Haven't had a problem with ripping since then.

Though as mentioned there is also the option of also using contractor garbabge bags you can get from home depot, lowes or ace stores.

Slomo said:
What kind of cheap bags are you currently using? I've been using standard kitchen bags (sold in food stores) in my diaper pail for a real long while now. They seldom would rip while trying to remove the bag from the pail though. So a few years ago I switched to using the extra strong hefy kitchen bags (also available in food stores). Haven't had a problem with ripping since then.

Though as mentioned there is also the option of also using contractor garbabge bags you can get from home depot, lowes or ace stores.

They are one of the brand name bags with that texturized looking pattern on it that is supposed to make them strong, like I said I think the problem is I was trying to get the Diaper Pail completely full and it nearly was, and this is one of those Tall Garbage Cans (i think somewhere around 10-13 Liter Capacity, it fits a good 8-10 of so ABDL Diapers) you find at Walmart with the metal on the outside with a plastic lining on the inside that you step on the pedal to open it up and drop garbage in

So its not exactly a small garbage can and ABDL Diapers get really heavy; lately I have been using mostly ABU Kiddos and PeekABU, sometimes boosted with a stuffer; so it isnt hard to imagine the full can holding like 40-50 LBS of diapers.

I think anything less than industrial strength garbage bags will probably break under this kind of stress, even 2 was almost not enough

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
They are one of the brand name bags with that texturized looking pattern on it that is supposed to make them strong, like I said I think the problem is I was trying to get the Diaper Pail completely full and it nearly was, and this is one of those Tall Garbage Cans (i think somewhere around 10-13 Liter Capacity, it fits a good 8-10 of so ABDL Diapers) you find at Walmart with the metal on the outside with a plastic lining on the inside that you step on the pedal to open it up and drop garbage in

So its not exactly a small garbage can and ABDL Diapers get really heavy; lately I have been using mostly ABU Kiddos and PeekABU, sometimes boosted with a stuffer; so it isnt hard to imagine the full can holding like 40-50 LBS of diapers.

I think anything less than industrial strength garbage bags will probably break under this kind of stress, even 2 was almost not enough
Ah ok, that makes more sense then. You have a large diaper pail, and you cram it full. Firstly, that must be incredibly difficult to remove the bag from the can. Secondly, with it so crammed that must be a really heavy bag. Thirdly, why are you cramming it so full if it keeps on ripping the bag. The easiest solution is you don't need stronger bags, you need to change out the bag before the pail gets so full and heavy.

I live in an apartment complex, and I have to carry my my used diapers across the parking lot. To avoid carrying heavy bags and hurting my back, I bought a large garbage can on wheels (50 gal). I use the 50 gal contractors bags from Loews. The bags hold up great, and the can saves me from carrying a heavy bags all the way across the parking lot.

Slomo said:
Ah ok, that makes more sense then. You have a large diaper pail, and you cram it full. Firstly, that must be incredibly difficult to remove the bag from the can. Secondly, with it so crammed that must be a really heavy bag. Thirdly, why are you cramming it so full if it keeps on ripping the bag. The easiest solution is you don't need stronger bags, you need to change out the bag before the pail gets so full and heavy.

I just recently got this Garbage Can, prior to that there was no way I would rip a garbage bag because I would have only tossed in a couple used Diapers.

I wasn't expecting it to rip because I have never done the "diaper pail" thing before and it is pretty convenient besides when a bag rips (which only happened once so far) so I will definitely only do half full from now on and may still get stronger bags when I am around a store that carries them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back