"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

I like walks when accompanied. I actually find the outside world quite scary and I'm not always brave enough to go outside on my own.

Officially diagnosed aspie here as well. Was diagnosed sometime in 2000, but always knew I wasn't quite the same as everyone else.

Putting a name to that difference really helped.

I noticed lots of aspies always had the feeling they are different even before diagnosed. And even people around them might have thought so without knowing what is actually different.

Knowing what's the difference or at least the source can be enlightening and helpful.

Reactions: XxKitChaosxX
flapjackboy said:
Officially diagnosed aspie here as well. Was diagnosed sometime in 2000, but always knew I wasn't quite the same as everyone else.

Putting a name to that difference really helped.

Welcome to the group, flapjackboy!
Yes.
I always suspected there was something different about me, but it did not come together until my official Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis at age 47.

Difraxie said:
I noticed lots of aspies always had the feeling they are different even before diagnosed. And even people around them might have thought so without knowing what is actually different.

Knowing what's the difference or at least the source can be enlightening and helpful.

This is typical of us Aspies of the "Older Generation" who were kids growing up in the 1960's.
We were hidden in plain sight and muddled through school and life with no diagnosis or support services.

Being Little...
Being Big...
I am "both".
Anyway, my days are me switching between being Big and being Little.
No "Little Time" until "Big Time Tasks" get completed.
Naps are "Little Time".
Washing laundry is "Big Time".
Anyway, I am okay this evening.

I wasn't diagnosed until I was aged 19. I suspected when I was around 10 that I was different then other people. I didn't figure out why until I was 18.
Otherwise I am still effected by my aspieness. I can put on a thin front of normalism, but it can be pushed down easily.

A quiet Friday evening.
I felt cognitively overloaded earlier in the day.
I was at the Rite Aid Pharmacy at Shute's Corner here in Derry, NH.
My younger brother having issues obtaining necessary diabetic supplies was the trigger.
4-way war between him, his doctor, his insurer, and the pharmacy just to obtain more necessary hypodermic syringes.
Also, the wait to obtain a refill of my necessary Tamsulosin (Flowmax) BPH medication refill.
At least I also purchased more adult dydees and baby wipes.
Trying to be like "Spock" on Star Trek is very draining.

I find it very easy to be Spock, logic above all else.

Feel free to message me on here or Discord, I love chatting with other aspie babies.

9:54 PM.
I am indulging in one of my hyperfocused special interests, WWII & Nazi Germany.
Just watching the BBC "Battlefield" series documentary about the Battle of Stalingrad.
Yeah.
I am in nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper to be comfortable.
Sigh...I smell of pee-pee.
Earlier today I watched the now old "Redwall" cartoon, based on the books by author, Brian Jaques.
I was in "Little Mode" while watching it.
Tomorrow is a scheduled cartoon watching day.

Reactions: perlFerret
My "Little Space" in my bedroom...33183

Reactions: Halibut
I'm not a little, but thought I would drop by again. Hi caitianx!

MickeyM said:
I can put on a thin front of normalism, but it can be pushed down easily.
I try that too, but it does cost a massive amount of energy.

Difraxie said:
I try that too, but it does cost a massive amount of energy.

The same with me.
I try to pound down my autistic behaviors, but not for very long or I come up to the edge of melting down.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
I love your bed 🐻

I decided upon "PAW PATROL" as the theme for my bed.

Reactions: Halibut
My newest Baby Toy and "Little" appropriate book:

Back