When you finally master taping

ThePhotographer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Oh man this feels good. My roommates left for class and with a hour and half before mine I got padded up (still am). With out thinking I lined everything up perfectly and taped my self. Wow this is a comfortable fit. Nothing feels tight, legs are good and so is the waist.
So now I understand what people mentioned about confront depending on the tapping job. And it actually looks like what a diaper should look like instead of a weird tilted padding.

How long did it take you guys to master tapping? I’m at month 7 and just did.

I can’t say I have mastered taping in my 20+ years of wearing. However, I do have the ocassional “perfect tape job” where it just is amazing. Mostly I’m always a little off though.

Reactions: Deleted member 42221
I took to taping incredibly well :)

Admittedly, I was a bit sloppy in the beginning, 4-tape diapers can be occasionally tricky, but since making the switch to single-tape brands like Cushies and SDKs, I mastered taping pretty much immediately. Something about those brands just makes finding a perfect fit and proper tape placement a breeze 😄

Last edited:
It took me a little while too, and you have to re-master taping with each time you switch manufacturers. But yeah, memorizing where the tapes need to end up is the first quick and easy step. Eventually you are able to tape them up perfectly just by feel, but like you said that does take time master.

Well like karma. The next diaper I put on getting changed I mess up on tapes. So looks like I haven’t mastered it and just got lucky earlier :)

Because I am between to size I never can do it perfectly, only the one tape are able to fit correctly for me

even after 4 years of being diapered 24/7 I still struggle some times to get taped up correctly especialy when I have a migraine

Well it seems yesterday was just a fluke as 3 times I changed since then I have yet to repeat what I did. How I miss that feeling now

DanielW said:
you see? at least you know when you've gotten it wrong . :) Actually, as long as it doesn't leak, and you can still walk...your doing alright.
Yah, wish I got it right more though. It always feels so tight on my waist and front.
Since I have been wearing back to back for 2 days (minus sleeping) I have noticed all these things. The good thing is I have gotten over my fear of wearing in public and I now know when I tape the diaper wrong.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
I dont know if I have ever got it perfect, but I think I do well enough most of the time for a comfortable fit; the only Diaper I think I still struggle with a lot is Kiddos because you only have 2 Tapes; if you mess one up you can ruin the Diaper, but sometimes a piece of tape over it can at least make the Diaper still usable.

Last edited:
It took me about a month. My process is to open the diaper and lay it on the floor. Then I sit on it and then lay on my back. I bend my knees a bit and then spread eagle. I pull the front part up and over me. Then I line the bottom of the diaper (which is under my back) with the top part of my diaper (which is on my tummy). Then I attached the bottom tapes, I like them tight around my leg; I then put my hands where the leg cuffs are and I push the diaper inward towards my crotch a little bit.

Then I stand up and pull the front and back of the diaper up so that its tight. Then I grab one of the top tapes and pull it tight and stick it on the landing pad, making sure its not too low!!

Then I grab the other top tape and pull it tight and with my other hand pull the top of the diaper towards the tape so that the diaper is tight on my tummy.

Wow when I read that back it sounds like a long process; but it takes me about 30 seconds and it's always symmetrical and tight!

I could never tell the difference between the front and back of a medical diaper....
Maybe I need someone to do it for me 😅
Or at least chose a diaper a little can understand.

Wait, it’s actually possible to master taping diapers on?!

Jk, in all seriousness, I’m still in the process of tinkering with my tape jobs. Most of the time it’s good enough, but I’m still trying to find the perfect method for myself.

I’ve only been diapering myself for 3 years now and a lot of trial and error. I found standing up with my back against the wall and pulling the diaper up and taping it on that way works best for me as the tapes usually align just right and it’s not too tight and uncomfortable.

podmuse said:
I’ve only been diapering myself for 3 years now and a lot of trial and error. I found standing up with my back against the wall and pulling the diaper up and taping it on that way works best for me as the tapes usually align just right and it’s not too tight and uncomfortable.

I use a similar technique, but I use my door frame to lean against. Then I don't elbow the wall adjusting everything.

I only ever really wore occasionally, id say by my 50th diaper i had it mostly down. But, it took me a couple years to realize how placing the lower tapes higher (like midway or more) really improves comfort and movement without compromising protection. Sometimes it even helps. Each brand is different however and some fit and tape easier than others.

Back