Adult diapers closest to modern baby diapers

scrotarius

Contributor
Hi! First time posting here. I'm looking for suggestions of diapers similar to modern baby diapers- particularly the fit, feeling when wet, and stretchy wings and sides. I don't care about the print, plastic, thickness, crinkle etc.

I've found Tena Stretch and CVS stretch briefs to be the closest. Always discreet is amazing too in terms of feeling when wet.

I've seen this asked before but people are always interested in prints/plastic etc. Any suggestions of what I'd be looking for?

I remember the old, cloth-like Cushies used to be really similar to modern baby nappies (they were sort of like the ones my own daughter wears). But they discontinued those, three years ago I think, only doing the plastic ones.

Hopefully they'll bring those back :)

I haven't used them yet, but I think the PreSchool Cloth-backed ones are supposed to be quite similar. I'll probably try those out.

Bambino Magnifico have stretchy sides and an all-over print, but it still has plastic backing.

bigtoddler96 said:
Bambino Magnifico have stretchy sides and an all-over print, but it still has plastic backing.
Yeah, the Magnifico still gets my vote. The stretchy sides were a big leap that nobody else has dared to take yet. And although it's got four tabs, each pair is functionally quite like a single large tab. When the Magnifico came out, I was hoping we'd see comparable stretchy-sided offerings from ABU and others, but no such luck.

Reactions: babybobby
The way to get closest to an oversized Baby Diaper would be if they made something like Kiddos but with a good cloth backing (the average cloth backed medical style diaper is not a good representation of a good cloth backing; very few adult diapers are; the one I would say is closets that I tried was Seni Quatros) and stretchy tabs; I think the hardest thing would be to make properly stretchy tabs that would also be durable so they dont break down or tear easily.

But that will probably never happen, too many people are dead set against cloth backed, so aside from that and stretch tabs I would argue that Kiddos are really close functionally and in the shape (2 tabs instead of 4)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Yeah, the Magnifico still gets my vote. The stretchy sides were a big leap that nobody else has dared to take yet. And although it's got four tabs, each pair is functionally quite like a single large tab. When the Magnifico came out, I was hoping we'd see comparable stretchy-sided offerings from ABU and others, but no such luck.
I just hope ABU makes them in sizes sm/MD reg and LG, XL

scrotarius said:
Hi! First time posting here. I'm looking for suggestions of diapers similar to modern baby diapers- particularly the fit, feeling when wet, and stretchy wings and sides. I don't care about the print, plastic, thickness, crinkle etc.

I've found Tena Stretch and CVS stretch briefs to be the closest. Always discreet is amazing too in terms of feeling when wet.

I've seen this asked before but people are always interested in prints/plastic etc. Any suggestions of what I'd be looking for?

Don't seen on the market for now I have find some manufacturer able to do it if you want :)

BabyTyrant said:
The way to get closest to an oversized Baby Diaper would be if they made something like Kiddos but with a good cloth backing (the average cloth backed medical style diaper is not a good representation of a good cloth backing
Most baby diapers today are 100% plastic with a cloth like outer shell, take a pampers baby dry, cruisers or luvs and peel away the cloth like outer shell, you'll see a soft thin plastic underneath, that's what the printing is printed on, plus it makes it 100% water proof.

Reactions: trysexiea
pampers4U said:
Most baby diapers today are 100% plastic with a cloth like outer shell, take a pampers baby dry, cruisers or luvs and peel away the cloth like outer shell, you'll see a soft thin plastic underneath, that's what the printing is printed on, plus it makes it 100% water proof.

I know that, I think Cloth Backed Disposables are (probably) the same way underneath the cloth cover, but for practicality sakes nobody is gonna pull the cloth like cover off anyways.

I recently gave Tye Medical (https://www.tyemedical.com) a shot, and think they’re the closet thing I’ve worn to a modern baby diaper. Attached a couple shots below.

They have giant, stretchy, very strong velcro tabs and are super comfortable. They’re designed to work with an insert system, but I’d recommend not bothering with those, and instead using a standard stuffer (there’s plenty of room in these diapers for very large, very thick stuffers).

33048 33049

Reactions: babybobby and pampers4U
californiakid said:
I recently gave Tye Medical (https://www.tyemedical.com) a shot, and think they’re the closet thing I’ve worn to a modern baby diaper. Attached a couple shots below.
Keep us informed how these work out in the longer run, they look very comfy

Reactions: californiakid
ABU has three contenders: preschool, cushies, and SDK. If you want a single tape babyish diaper, the cushies.sdk are hard to beat. (considering what's currently available)

Rearz made a single run of Vintage Replica a few years back, using an actual pampers diaper pattern, based on their inspire, but it had double tapes. More recently they made a run of Inspire Select, again based on the Inspire, but with single large tapes. I'd say those were the best baby diaper lookalikes I've ever seen, as long as all-white works for you. Being based on Inspire, they were pretty thick, had good capacity, lots of crinkle, good leak guards, and front/rear elastic waistband for all around good comfort and performance. Neither of these is available right now though.

Carousel is the only other one I'd suggest looking at. They're based on the bambino model, with an all-white shell and a very pleasantly lightweight tape panel design, though they are double tapes and have limited availability. They use more padding though so capacity is better than bambino.

bambinod said:
More recently they made a run of Inspire Select, again based on the Inspire, but with single large tapes. I'd say those were the best baby diaper lookalikes I've ever seen, as long as all-white works for you. Being based on Inspire, they were pretty thick, had good capacity, lots of crinkle, good leak guards, and front/rear elastic waistband for all around good comfort and performance.
I ordered a case of these a couple months ago, these are plain white with a thick taping strip, these are way better then abu's sdk's comparing medium for medium the rearz is a little longer and wider, the fit is much better, actually the rearz fits better then some 4 tape diapers on me, the absorbancy is comparable to other premium diapers, I would say right around 3500ml. the tapes are strong and attached well to the back sheet, the front taping panel is a thicker clear plastic and crinklz well.
I wish they would take this diaper and add a babyish taping panel, something cute maybe dinosaurs?

I have the best diaper ever cloth.Chainging times diaper company. This diaper you will love.the best ever.comfortable I might add. I love this diaper.

pampers4U said:
I ordered a case of these a couple months ago, these are plain white with a thick taping strip, these are way better then abu's sdk's comparing medium for medium the rearz is a little longer and wider, the fit is much better, actually the rearz fits better then some 4 tape diapers on me, the absorbancy is comparable to other premium diapers, I would say right around 3500ml. the tapes are strong and attached well to the back sheet, the front taping panel is a thicker clear plastic and crinklz well.
I wish they would take this diaper and add a babyish taping panel, something cute maybe dinosaurs?

Although I thought they were the bets single tape diapers available, I doubt they will make another run - it took them too long to sell the first run. If you want a design, the Little Squirts are the same diaper with an all-over print.

I personally would have liked to have seen them use the Vintage Replica print. That was both an authentic print and was a nice lightweight pattern that went well on a white background. I picked up two cases of Select when I saw their inventory ticker dwindling last year.

Oh I forgot to mention, Cuddlz (original, NOT rev2) are also very good single tape diapers. They've actually got more sap than Select, and swell quite a lot when wet. They're the most trustworthy overnight high-ish capacity single tape diaper I've seen. (their 2nd gen double tape diapers are still good padding, but they've shrunk them several inches in width and length)

Back