Northshore new product November! :DDD

NorthShoreAdam said:
The 80 count cases are just too massive for heavy absorbency diapers. We had many complaints from customers struggling to handle them and also from our own warehouse staff. Honestly, they are just too large and bulky to lift safely for most people. The last thing we want to do is throw people's backs out. Some factories still ship to us in these large boxes, but we now always open them up and ship in more manageable quantities.

I suppose in retrospect I have to agree with that. The 80ct cases from ABU are "logistically difficult" to get into the house and move around (due to the combination of their weight and size), and I've seen larger cases like that get various degrees of shipping damage, probably due to the weight. The cardboard used for those cases is pretty good, but there's just so much abuse it can take when the gorillas are tossing it around on the way to my door. When tossed off a truck, a 40ct case doesn't experience nearly the force that an 80ct case gets. (roughly speaking, squaring the weight cubes the wall force, when mathematically comparing the volume of a cube against its surface area when enlargening it)

NorthShoreAdam said:
Yes, just received prototypes and am testing them now. It's looking promising. Both taller and wider than current size Large which is difficult to do.

Adam, That is good news! Hey if you need testers for prototypes I (like others here) would be glad to help out! lol..

I heard someone say there is an actual limit to what they can "cut out" of a roll (that is also a fixed size) in terms of shell size regardless of manufacturer which limits the "XL" version of any product. Then it sounds like it also depends on leg cut openings and tapes to determine final sizing?

Maybe its a "cut" thing but it would seem like if every single dimension of a typical "runs larger than most" Dry 24/7 large is met or exceeded ( waist panel widths at both ends, total stretched length, leg gather cut, and core width) , you'd easily be in the 62- 64" for a maximum range in the upcoming XL like they say for their "Large"..

With that said, sounds like a couple of more months then? Looking forward to this as these NSD MM's seem to have no equal... now looking to see someone push the limits on one of these badboys!

mdogg said:
Adam, That is good news! Hey if you need testers for prototypes I (like others here) would be glad to help out! lol..

I heard someone say there is an actual limit to what they can "cut out" of a roll (that is also a fixed size) in terms of shell size regardless of manufacturer which limits the "XL" version of any product. Then it sounds like it also depends on leg cut openings and tapes to determine final sizing?

Maybe its a "cut" thing but it would seem like if every single dimension of a typical "runs larger than most" Dry 24/7 large is met or exceeded ( waist panel widths at both ends, total stretched length, leg gather cut, and core width) , you'd easily be in the 62- 64" for a maximum range in the upcoming XL like they say for their "Large"..

With that said, sounds like a couple of more months then? Looking forward to this as these NSD MM's seem to have no equal... now looking to see someone push the limits on one of these badboys!

We're pushin' the limits as best we can. Likely about 3 months out. Thx!

Hello Adam. Do you have an estimate for when the Megamax XL will be available?

bikerider said:
Hello Adam. Do you have an estimate for when the Megamax XL will be available?
Looking like summer.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Yes, we've been working on this. It seems likely to be available in 3 to 6 months timeframe. Should even be a little more roomy than the Supreme XL.
That would great I use xl supreme they work great, with a bad back I need the tape to come to front and high waste

to stay up

NorthShoreAdam said:
The landing zone on the large MegaMax is being extended closer to the edge of the wings on our next batch due to arrive around March 1st. Hope that will help a little.
Are they in stock yet?

Unfortunately, not. Should be any day. As soon as they arrive, we'll be shipping the new Mediums right away. For Large, we still have a few weeks of old supply to run through.

Back