Re: Anyone have an adult high chair?

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Gang, I'm looking for some help locating an adult high chair.

Years ago, I had a wooden high chair made by Cosco that fit me perfectly. I wish I could find another!

The one seller I knew of - on etsy - has closed shop, and I really didn't like the fact that his high chair was so high off the ground. I want something low enough that a not-too-tall babysitter can feed me without stretching or reaching up.

If you know of a current-production baby high chair that will fit a small adult, or have an adult high chair you'd part with, please let me know.

https://www.stokke.com/DEU/de-de/hochstühle/tripp-trapp/1001.html

These chairs are adjustable for adults, though things like a tray or straps to hold baby in place may need to be modified, since I don't think those extras will fit an adult. They will definitely hold your weight and aren't too tall, so your babysitter won't have issues on that front. I have one of those chairs (though without a tray or anything like that - the chair is from my childhood and I think my parents got rid of the extras), so I know they will comfortably seat an adult.
I remember our chair used to have a curved bar that went across the stomach, and a strap that went from the bar to between the legs, where the seating plate has a hole to attach the strap in. I think that kind of thing should be rather uncomplicated to DIY - and once you have the bar, a tray is even easier to attach.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Great thread, I to want a high chair and would be interested in finding out if there are any baby highchair that an adult can fit into too.

Reactions: disabledinconben
This is my highchair and my Mommy, sitter loves it.

Attachments

• 20181006_160240.jpg
    20181006_160240.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: disabledinconben, Poofybutt, MammaBunny and 1 other person
tenderbottoms47 said:
Where did you get it?

tenderbottoms47 said:

OMG, that is absolutely adorable :love:

Look at you, living the dream with a Mommy/Sitter and a fancy highchair :D

I second Momma2Moosey, where did you find that terrific piece? or Did you make it yourself?

My current Mommy/GF is always talking about setting aside space for a nursery of my own someday and I'd love to have a highchair just like that when we do :)

Reactions: nappybottom and disabledinconben
This is, I think, one of the highchairs the seller on etsy produced. It's a beautiful piece of work, but the thing that stopped me is the height - the seat is 36" from the ground. Imagine sitting on top of your washing machine; that's a pretty accurate comparison. My nanny tried to feed me at that height and wound up unable to see where the food was going.

Such is the hazard of employing women who are short in stature. I'm sure it could be modified to a lower height, but if I were that handy with power tools, I'd just build one myself.

Great photo, TB!

Last edited:
I make custom AB furniture. I do all things...criibs, playpens, highchairs and also changing tables. The reason I call mine "custom" is because I build to specs for individual preferences. Seat height is one of the things I adjust for idividual taste. As I ONLY do this per person, not a factory that "stamps out" production line furniture. Each and every piece is custom made. If any are serious, PM me and we can work out the details.

ybboB 💕🍼👶😊

Reactions: disabledinconben
Can u post some images of things you have made?

Thank you

If I may say, My mommy/sitter is on the short side herself and she has no problem feeding me in this highchair. I am working on another highchair that I made myself. The one pictured came from etsy. They are great to work with. Here is my crib and highchair I made as well as my changing table.

Attachments

• 1477588811967-360.jpg
    1477588811967-360.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20150601_153404.jpg
    20150601_153404.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • 20150612_200243.jpg
    20150612_200243.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: MissMummyUK, thedlguy, XLolixLolitax and 5 others
tenderbottoms47 said:
If I may say, My mommy/sitter is on the short side herself and she has no problem feeding me in this highchair. I am working on another highchair that I made myself. The one pictured came from etsy. They are great to work with. Here is my crib and highchair I made as well as my changing table.

Wow is that your nursery, I am so jeolous it is Incredable. I so wish it was mine

Yes, this is our nursery.

momma2moosey said:
Can u post some images of things you have made?

Thank you

Hi Mamma2moosey!

I don't have ANY pictures of my work. Not for any bad reasons. I just never wanted to be "outed" and making AB furniture would have DEFINITELY outed me back when I first got started doing it. I'm talking all the way back to Tommy's D.P.F.!! That was back before internet had become popular and when internet came on the scene, I got afraid. At this point in my life, I no longer care if people know. How I live now, enjoying this with my wife/Mommy is worth whatever I might have to face from people who have nothing to do with my life!!
Mamma2moosey, I have NO way of proving to you that I really do make furniture. I can't really prove that I have a Mommy. I have no way of proving anything I say. None of us can prove who and what we are on here.The best I can do is to invite you to PM me or my wife/Mommy and maybe ask her a few things. I think PM is safe for giving private information, isn't it? I mean like phone numbers etc.? I see some people putting up pictures. I don't know how to do that either.

In short, I'm not asking for anything. I'm offering something. If you would like me to make you some furniture, just PM me or my Mommy. We'll go from there. If you like my work, maybe you'll tell others and I might start making AB furniture again. I actually miss doing that.

My love to all
ybboB 💕🍼👶😊

That is a beautiful nursery!! Set up nicely. Great job!!

Thank you YbboB! Please check your pm.

Ok 💕🍼👶😊

tenderbottoms47 said:
Thank you YbboB! Please check your pm.

Hi there tenderbottoms47!

I checked my PM and I didn't see anything from you.

You are welcome to message me or my Mommy anytime! Mommy is WAY busier than me, so it sometimes takes her longer to reply than it does me.

Hope to hear from you!

ybboB 💕🍼👶😊

tenderbottom
your changing table looks great wish i had something like this for here being disabled and having a hard time getting things like this covered by insurance sucks wish i could find someone that would build me something but not charge the 1100.00 to 1300.00 dollars for it also like the diaper holder hanging on the wall to got half a mind to message you but dont want to with out your ok first

Back