For those Sci-fi nerds out there, what is your favourite starship?

SgtOddball

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
As the thread title says, what is your favourite starship? This can be a named ship, and/or a class of ship and doesn't need to stick with the canon of any series.

Going into both categories, my favourite class of starship is the Imperial-II class Star Destroyer, while my favourite named starship is the USS Excelsior NCC-2000.

latest

latest

Reactions: PapaBear001
Serenity

Reactions: PaddedDeist
The dreadnaught from Destiny.

The Yamato
In the American version of the cartoon "Star Blazers" it was named "The Argo".

Seeking to save humanity from destruction, The Argo and it's crew traverse the galaxy searching for "The Princess" meanwhile fighting off the Gamalons who are fascist aliens who are trying to conquer the universe!

yamato.jpg

Last edited:
PapaBear001 said:
The Yamato
In the American version of the cartoon "Star Blazers" it was named "The Argo".

Seeking to save humanity from destruction, The Argo and it's crew traverse the galaxy searching for "The Princess" meanwhile fighting of the Gamalons who are fascist aliens who are trying to conquer the universe!
Also, the "Wave Motion Gun" is awesome!

I have another one!
This is the SDF-3 from ROBOTECH II: The Sentinals
Super-Dimensional Fortress 3

Rick Hunter and his crew venture to the home world of the Robotech Masters who have harnessed the technology of Protoculture to power ships and weapons. Meanwhile, the Earth Defense Force are fighting the Invid Invasion; an alien race that sees the Earth as the perfect place to grow their food, the Flower of Life which is also the root source of Protoculture.

SDF3.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
USS Voyager of course! :)

Reactions: nightfox320
parcelboy2 said:
The liberator , from Blakes 7 a late 70's early 80's BBC scifi show , terrible sets terrible action by some , a very evil lady called Servalan View attachment 32562
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake's_7

I used to have a handheld toy of that 😎
I never got to watch much Blake's 7, though.
I also had the Space 1999 Eagle Transporter:
eagle_hd.jpg

I'm struggling to pick a favourite, from the multitude throughout the years, as I tend to fuss over the physics of them.

Reactions: foxkits and PaddedDeist
ade said:

I'm struggling to pick a favourite, from the multitude throughout the years, as I tend to fuss over the physics of them.
I have two seasons of this on DVD. When I was really little, it scared me.

ade said:
eagle_hd.jpg

Space 1999 very much a live action thunder birds

If I had to choose just one it would be the Kelvin Class (the non canon version before they made it a canon class in the reboot movies.) Its more or less a modernized version of the Nebula Class. It was actually my ship back when I was part of a Star Trek PBeM sim. (Back when I had more free time from adulting)

Kelvin Class

Attachments

• kelvin-2.jpg
    kelvin-2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 13
LstNwf said:
If I had to choose just one it would be the Kelvin Class (the non canon version before they made it a canon class in the reboot movies.) Its more or less a modernized version of the Nebula Class. It was actually my ship back when I was part of a Star Trek PBeM sim. (Back when I had more free time from adulting)

Kelvin Class
No one said it had to be Capital Ship so I say cool stuff! 😎

The Heart of Gold...
My secondary would be The Red Dwarf

Reactions: starpup, ShippoFox and PaddedDeist
Spaceball 1
Edit: scrub that, because of course the greatest must be Lone Star's Winnebago.

Last edited:
ooo, great question! And my answer is: Spaceman Spiff's little one-kid ship. (For those who don't know Calvin and Hobbes it looks kinda like the Jetson's craft and Calvin (Spiff) was always crashing and burning while heroically exploring and saving the universe.)

The Great Space Coaster...

I can't imagine any star ship more awesome than the Outlaw Star! This ship was my childhood!

Outlaw Star.png

Back