Super Bowl picks

Illinoise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So, who wins the Lombardi Trophy tomorrow night?

Also, will the commercials be better than the sorry batch we got last year?

I'd like to see the LA Rams win, for variety sake as I feel the Patriots are almost a shoe-in for the big-game every year.

Part of me says that it will be The Patriots though, what a legacy that New England team has!

Even though I'm from the St. Louis area, I will be rooting for the Rams. They kicked my Cowboys butts in the divisional round, so I hope they become the eventual champs.

I don't have the antipathy for the Rams that most folks around here have for them. The city and Senator Thomas Eagleton negotiated a crappy lease back in '95. But he knew he would likely be dead before he would have to answer for it. (He passed in 2007).
I blame him just as much as Stan Kroenke.

Any body but the patriots is who I am routing for.

As for the only sure bet tomorrow will be me not watching the game. Just a personal thing from several years ago.

I think New Orleans will win. Oh wait..what? They got cheated out of going to the super bowl? Can they still go to Disney?

Sigh...
Being in Derry, New Hampshire, I am for my "Home Team".

Odd game last night, to say the least.

I still think the entire Patriot defense unit should have gotten the MVP. But I guess that would require a VERY long couch when they would do the talk show circuit. (If the "Male sheep" team had been able to pull it out, punter Johnny Hecker probably should have gotten MVP, as he almost single handedly kept LA in the contest.)

And we got a somewhat decent batch of commercials, after an abysmal showing for last year's game. The Microsoft spot for Owen's video game controller was my favorite. (The unaired long version, with more special gamers is definitely worth looking up.)

And as a ST. Louisian, I had to love the Clydesdales "Change is blowing in the wind" spot. I always like ads where you're not really sure where things are headed until the end.

I'm betting the Houston Oilers. Whacha mean they ain't playin' anymore?

I enjoyed the Bud Light, Game of Thrones homage, especially the giant barrel of corn syrup.

The Patriots should go to hell! They duped our governor and by that us Connecticut taxpayers out of millions in their effort to get a better stadium in Mass.

dogboy said:
I enjoyed the Bud Light, Game of Thrones homage, especially the giant barrel of corn syrup.

I'm a big fan of Super Bowl ads that involve surprise twists. And I definitely did not see the Bud Light knight being killed off.

Dilly, dilly, indeed.

Back