unusual sleep paralysis experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
last night i had a dream where i was at some house i never seen before and after some time i saw my mom in the other room and asked her what the hell are we doing in that house to which she replied "don't you remember? you won it from mister Feeny" (my highschool teacher). i immediately knew there's no way i just randomly "won a house" and at that moment i realized i was dreaming so i just decided to wake up.

i woke up and wanted to grab my phone to check the time but i couldn't move my hand. i soon realized i couldn't move at all no matter how hard i tried. i know very well about this thing where your mind is awake while the body still sleeps but i still felt terrified for being unable to move. eventually i managed to move my pinky toe which awoke the rest of my body and i calmed down enough to fall back asleep.

i don't know how much time passed but i woke up again. this time i felt like i was being held against a wall so hard that i couldn't move at all which almost gave me a panic attack but then i realized i was safe in my bed and just holding my arms in an awkward position. i tried to move them but couldn't. i wiggled my pinky toe again but even that didn't work. i just let out a sigh and waited. i soon regained movement and went back to sleep.

well, i woke up yet again, this time without having any dreams, and couldn't move. again. this time i just waited and wondered how the hell could something like that happen three times in one night.
perhaps it could've had something to do with the fact that i only got a few hours of sleep during the last couple of days?

I've had similar experiences. The last one was strange. I used to have terror dreams where I was half awake, unable to move. I would try to yell or scream out, but I'd just make a grunting sort of noise. It would wake my wife and she would wake me up. Maybe about a year after she died, I had that same sort of feeling, that something scary was trying to enter the room. I had this feeling of terror. I woke myself up this time from the noise I was trying to make.

I went back to sleep and maybe one or two hours later I dreamed that my wife was in bed with me, but it didn't seem like a dream. I felt awake. She was poking my leg and I could feel her hand on my thigh. I asked her if she was okay. She said she was. I asked her if she was in heaven and she said she was. I asked her if she had two legs. One had been amputated because of diabetes, and she told me she had both of her legs. And here's the really weird part. I held her hand and rubbed my hand on her arm and I could feel her skin just as I had in real life. It felt the same as if you were to touch someone in real life while awake. I could feel the texture of her skin, the moisture; everything. And then I completely woke up.

I've never had an experience like that before and I suspect I may never have one like that again. It's very hard to explain.

apparently such things aren't that uncommon. my grandma once said how she sometimes hears her deceased husband walking through the hall outside her bedroom at night

It happens to me, though not nearly as often as it did when I was a teenager. It used to happen several times a week back then but now its much less frequent. It happened to last night as a matter of fact, probably because I'm sick at the moment.

Over the years, I've found ways to help myself "snap out of it." I try to concentrate real hard on moving something, even if it's just the tip of a finger, just to try and focus on waking my body up. It's very tiring and can take a few minutes sometimes but then once I'm able to move a finger or a toe, I can start trying to roll over. After a few tries, it usually works.

I then get out of bed imminently and stand up and try and stretch or use the bathroom or get a drink of water. The one thing I've learned is that have to get out of bed quickly or I'll soon slip back under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back