How tight do you tape?

dadboddl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey guys how tight or lose do you make your tapes. I tend to make as tight as possible. Thinking tighter will prevent leaks. But it leaves little room for the boys and their buddy.

Probably never tight enough. I always think I’m good but there’s always space and it’s a little loose. I have also gone to tight and end up ripping the tapes off. I’m trying to find a middle ground.

Reactions: dadboddl
Snug enough to make me think it wont leak.

Taping correctly means not just getting the correct 'tightness' but making the diaper take up the correct shape for your body. So the correct tightness for one diaper or one person might not be for another, depending on their shape and size.

Getting a good leakproof seal around the legs depends on having the bottom tapes right. I find they need to be tighter on Betterdry than on Tena Slip Active Fit, my two most common daily wear choices. Then, getting a comfortable fit, that stays snug and supports itself as much as possible, depends more on the top tapes. Again, for me the Betterdry needs to be a little tighter to fit well. Of all the diapers that I wear regularly, the Tena can be left the loosest without compromising the fit.

For continuous wear, having things too tight can lead to skin damage, so I prefer diapers that don't have to be excessively tight around the legs especially, to get a good fit. I do like the diaper to be snug against me all over and not flop around, but the support pants are in control of that as much as the tapes.

dadboddl said:
Hey guys how tight or lose do you make your tapes. I tend to make as tight as possible. Thinking tighter will prevent leaks. But it leaves little room for the boys and their buddy.

Tighter can and often does make a diaper leak sooner. Without that expansion room, you will force a press out leak much sooner. Too tight can also dig into your skin and cause circulation
problems. That is until the tapes rip or pop off from being pulled too much. And that will lead to the biggest leaks of them all.

Ideally, the legs and waist should be tapped on snugly. You should be able to easily get one or two fingers under the leg bands, but more fingers with difficulty. And easily get up to four fingers under the waist band, (without sucking it in) but not your entire hand with difficulty. Overall this should be just tight enough to delay any diaper sagging (untill it's soaked and heavy), but still allow enough room for the diaper to expand, and also allow for you to easily move around and bend over. All the while not being too loose to allow for early leaks because of gaps.

Snug but not so that I put the tapes under tension via normal activity.

If only the bottom tapes would be up just a little higher for me... as is, as tight as they'll go.

If you are not happy with the tapes, use some masking or duct tape to improve on the fit.

I tape it nice and snug but just enough room to stick my hand down there. I can be a naughty baby sometimes.

I have a preference for single-tape diapers. When I tape up, I would say that I keep them tight enough so that the diaper is form-fitting and there's not a lot of slack in the back, but loose enough so that I have a comfy fit around the waist and some mobility :)

I guess taping up is all about finding a nice balance between snugness and comfort. As other posters have said, different diapers will fit different people differently, so how tight vs. how loose one tapes is largely dependent on the individual.

So, I guess you could say, I tape my diapers up tightly, but not too tight... man, that was hard to explain :LOL:

I tape my diapers up very tight. That is the only way to prevent leaks. Pee will inevitably leak out if you fill your diaper beyond its rated capacity. Poop will always leak out through the leg gathers if you don't have your diaper taped up snug enough to keep the poop contained. The tighter you tape your diaper, the less chance there is of having poop leak out. The whole premise of wearing a diaper if you are incontinent is to keep your accidents completely contained. If you don't care if your accidents are contained, there is no need to wear a diaper.

I like to tape my diapers pretty snug but you are supposed to be able to at least get a finger in to make sure you have your leak guards where you need them but it's all about the diaper you have on some have weak tabs some don't so you have to know your diapers and make sure you don't pull the tabs off on accident after a few times you should be able to get the right fit and you will have a nice comfy diaper you can sleep in all night long or wear all day

I like to tape my diaper snug , not too tight and not too loose

Sgdlboy said:
I like to tape my diaper snug , not too tight and not too loose
It all depends on the diaper your wearing if it is something like depends or bought at the store then the tape will pop but if you get something like wellness superio it is actually hard to take my diaper off in the morning you can tape it up tight as I can get it and still fill it up and no sagging or leaky diaper I love them and I think they are super comfy and warm

As tight as I can without being constrictive.

Tight enough for it not to sag or gap when I sit or stand but loose enough for it to be comfortable.

I'm pretty sure I do it wrong. I start fairly tight I think but after five minutes it seems like the top stretched loose and I often have to re tape which is annoying as the second tape doesn't seem to hold as well ( using 24/7 right now)

I still struggle with tis sometimes - I tend to do them to tight at night for fear of side sleeper leaks - but to tight is uncomfortable and steps the pleasure of wearing them

I tape very tight, sometimes probably a little too tight. I like my diapers snug but on occasion I tape them so tight that it puts too much strain on the tapes. I’m starting to realize that there is a happy medium where it’s snug but not so snug that the tapes either rip or fail. Sometimes I will utilize some packing tape to keep the diaper tight without fear of the tapes popping off.

Bokeh said:
I tape very tight, sometimes probably a little too tight. I like my diapers snug but on occasion I tape them so tight that it puts too much strain on the tapes. I’m starting to realize that there is a happy medium where it’s snug but not so snug that the tapes either rip or fail. Sometimes I will utilize some packing tape to keep the diaper tight without fear of the tapes popping off.
When I tape too tight and wrong it feels like the diaper cuts into the groin with the worst pain at the inner leg where it joins the thigh

Reactions: Essexinco
Back