Anyone getting Anthem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And if so anybody getting it on PS4?

I preordered it on eBay as a seller had it a bit cheaper than retail and I had eBay bucks to cover almost the full purchase and I was gonna buy it around release time anyways.

I think its gonna be an amazing game and you can look forward to an open Demo coming out for it in early February (it releases February 22nd) for a few days.

I like the aspect of flying, the story behind the game, and the different game mechanics as well as how the equipment system sounds like it will be way more customizable than Destiny (kinda like the Diablo games)

Nope. Not going to buy into a game that isn't going to be finished at launch and cost $80. Mark my words this game is going to be another Destiny launch of zero content.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
It looks like a good game but since the publisher is EA im goign to wait till it is out befor buying.

Even Destiny didnt have "zero content" mind you they still were ridiculous to try selling people on $170 worth of content, if they start going down the same road as Destiny I will treat it like Destiny and not buy extra content until it gets really cheap.

Hopefully since the Developer did Mass Effect series and that wasn't anything like Destiny; Anthem shouldn't be either, the Developer has done a lot of games that don't charge for extra content, and even if they have DLC no other game tries to get people to spend $170 for the complete experience.

I'm not gonna be buying craploads of expensive DLC or any lootboxes at all.

They have a chance to prove the game better than Destiny, and also the $80 version doesn't have any extra stuff anybody actually needs, for example there has been no mention of paid DLC and there is no DLC in the 80 version, it's just unnecessary in game items.

BabyTyrant said:
Even Destiny didnt have "zero content" mind you they still were ridiculous to try selling people on $170 worth of content, if they start going down the same road as Destiny I will treat it like Destiny and not buy extra content until it gets really cheap.

Hopefully since the Developer did Mass Effect series and that wasn't anything like Destiny; Anthem shouldn't be either, the Developer has done a lot of games that don't charge for extra content, and even if they have DLC no other game tries to get people to spend $170 for the complete experience.

I'm not gonna be buying craploads of expensive DLC or any lootboxes at all.

They have a chance to prove the game better than Destiny, and also the $80 version doesn't have any extra stuff anybody actually needs, for example there has been no mention of paid DLC and there is no DLC in the 80 version, it's just unnecessary in game items.

I don't know if you're aware but I live in Canada. New games are 80 Canadian Dollars here. I'm not buying this game out of principle. Bioware and EA burnt me on Mess Effect Andromeda and I frankly refuse to give them money until they can Prove they're capable of making a competent game again.

SnowBlitz said:
I don't know if you're aware but I live in Canada. New games are 80 Canadian Dollars here. I'm not buying this game out of principle. Bioware and EA burnt me on Mess Effect Andromeda and I frankly refuse to give them money until they can Prove they're capable of making a competent game again.

I actually clocked over 80 hours into Mass Effect Andromeda before I experienced any bugs, and then when I reloaded I was fine to finish the small part of the game I wasnt done with yet

No. I hate EA. I will avoid them whenever I can. I wish I could avoid them completely, but I probably won't.

EA has screwed up with Star Wars. So I'll be skipping this one.

Nah I think I'll be skipping it. When I first saw it I was intrigued, but after playing in the closed alpha and then seeing some of the gameplay videos they have put out; I just can't get interested enough to spend $80 on a game that I'm just not feeling.

It's EA, so automatic boycott, got tons of better games in my backlog, anyway.

After the disappointment of both Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm going to avoid Anthem.

SgtOddball said:
After the disappointment of both Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm going to avoid Anthem.

I have some hope it will be a really good game because the people actually making the game (not EA, EA is just the publisher/game studio owners) are gonna want to redeem themselves after how badly Mass Effect Andromeda was received (even though I played it extensively with almost no issue in over 80 hours) and the worst thing with the Star Wars Battlefront remakes is the micro-transactions with those loot boxes that have the more desirable characters, no guarantee to get them, and either take real money or long hours of gameplay.

I mean I dont like EA from the standpoint of buying out all those game studios to shut them down and that half their portfolio is sports games, which I never play anyways.

But I'm not gonna judge a game based off of the publisher, and I see a lot of potential with the game.

BabyTyrant said:
I have some hope it will be a really good game because the people actually making the game (not EA, EA is just the publisher/game studio owners) are gonna want to redeem themselves after how badly Mass Effect Andromeda was received (even though I played it extensively with almost no issue in over 80 hours) and the worst thing with the Star Wars Battlefront remakes is the micro-transactions with those loot boxes that have the more desirable characters, no guarantee to get them, and either take real money or long hours of gameplay.

I mean I dont like EA from the standpoint of buying out all those game studios to shut them down and that half their portfolio is sports games, which I never play anyways.

But I'm not gonna judge a game based off of the publisher, and I see a lot of potential with the game.

I don't think you understand.

The Studio that made Andromeda is gone. Destroyed. BioWare Montreal ceased to exist after Andromeda failed miserably. EA saw to that.

The main Bioware studio hasn't made a good game since Dragon Age Origins. That's right. I said it. Mass Effect 3 was a mess. Dragon Age 2 was awful in every way, and Inquisition was the worst the series had to offer. Oh and lets not forget about their failed foray into the MMORPG market with Star Wars The Pay 2 Win Republic.

SnowBlitz said:
I don't think you understand.

The Studio that made Andromeda is gone. Destroyed. BioWare Montreal ceased to exist after Andromeda failed miserably. EA saw to that.

The main Bioware studio hasn't made a good game since Dragon Age Origins. That's right. I said it. Mass Effect 3 was a mess. Dragon Age 2 was awful in every way, and Inquisition was the worst the series had to offer. Oh and lets not forget about their failed foray into the MMORPG market with Star Wars The Pay 2 Win Republic.

Well then I guess it is up to whoever they hired to make the game and how much the team making the game actually gets to decide.

I'm really hoping that it's as good as what it has been looking, chances are even if I don't like it I could sell it on eBay, but there is no reason why they cant make something equally good (or better, even if its because Destiny tries to get you to pay $170 for a full game and AFAIK they had a different model as Destiny and Destiny 2, which is way better than the Halo Series

I got the Dawn edition preordered on ps4, just hoping the betas fun at leaste. I actually liked Destiny a lot, so hoping this ones the same.

I've preordered it again primarily for the VIP demo, so I'll make my opinion on that as to whether I'll commit or not.

SgtOddball said:
I've preordered it again primarily for the VIP demo, so I'll make my opinion on that as to whether I'll commit or not.

Well, at least you are willing to give it a shot, I really think it might be an amazing game, but as I've said if they try any funny business (like going the way of Destiny 2 and trying to get people to spend $170 on a full game or like the Loot Boxes that have made their way to a lot of games) that would be a major turn off and could make me regret having bought it, but with a physical copy if someone likes it I can get a lot of my money back.

I am sure I wont hate it's much as I hate Ark (it looked cool and I wanted to like it, but when your character dies at least every 2 minutes of something and then you gotta restart? Not my kinda game)

If this news doesn't convince anyone to stay away from Anthem, let alone, EA, then nothing will.

Okay so what I took away is the real game is supposed to end up being harder than the Demo?

Unless its "Ark" hard that doesn't phase me, I have played many games that require hours, days, even weeks, of Grinding just to get better equipments, to level up, etc.

I get it that many people hate EA to an extreme amount, but I'm gonna try the game and then decide if I want to keep going or not, if it is half as good as it sounds I would love it.

As for "the ecosystem" idk what that means either, but if referring to things costing mucho In Game Money, I have played games with the same exact thing; better equipments often costing sometimes Billions of in game money with real life purchases as an option.

Again I can deal with with being in a game if there is something good about the game.

Anyone that doesn't want to try it as a form of protest, fine.

But I'm gonna try it anyways because I think they will want to redeem themselves and if they dont they probably wont see really high sales.

I would have thought more people would give it a try as they have a lot of good ideas, it seems like you may actually get the complete game at the base price, and there is nothing else out there like Destiny that is anywhere near as good as it is (at least in my opinion, and I have tried other futuristic shooters and the only other one I have liked as much was Mass Effect, even Andromeda which for me wasnt as glitchy as people say)

Last edited:
Just to go to where some of you did, saying "its EA, I will avoid anything they make like the plague" or some such a line.

You never will know how much you could have enjoyed a game or series of games if the company did something you hated them for and you never gave their games a chance.

I could have acted like "Well, Bungie has never came out with a good game because all they have ever made was Halo, so why should I try Destiny? "

And I would have missed out on a lot of fun gameplay for having that view.

I know some people may disagree, but Destiny series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than Halo series, it's not even close.

Mind you they want you to spend a lot on Destiny, but I wait and spend $40 for most of the content thereby saving $100+ off of what they wanted people to spend.

But go ahead and keep condemning games because of the Publisher, not who actually is making the games; like I said I understand why people hate EA; I'm not interested in Anthem because of EA, I'm interested because the only good futuristic shooter out there for going on 5 or so years has been Destiny (even though I really really, really enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda and only experienced glitches after I was almost done with basically the full universe in the game) and they need competition.

Competition may get Bungie to get off their high horse and realize trying to charge $170 for 2 years of content is too much for most gamers, particularly when some of those DLC/Expansion packs absolutely suck (such as the 1st 2 in Destiny 2, which they wanted people to spend $40 on)

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back