Do You Think ABDL Will Ever Become More Socially Accepted? Like the LGBTQ and Furry Community?

ABDElsa

TheFrozenABDL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Do you think we ABDLs will ever become more accepted by people outside our community? As well as get more representation in Movies and TV Shows? I mean look at the LGBTQ community, little by little they are getting more accepted by society, most likely thanks to Gay Pride and LGBTQ shows like Will & Grace. Granted some people still do look down on them and wanna boycott any Disney Movies that show an LGBTQ scene/character.

However, there are significantly less that look down on the LGBTQ community than before. And how about the Furry community, they sometimes even mix with our community known as Babyfurs. Yet they seem more socially accepted than our community. I mean Dan from the Game Grumps is open about being a Furry and the GG fans love him for it!

Why is an Adult dressing up as an Animal more acceptable than an Adult dressing up as a Baby?! (Unless I'm misunderstanding what a Furry is and what they do, but I'm pretty sure they dress as animals). IDK if they have a Furry Pride that has helped them become more socially accepted or what. Do we need to have an ABDL Pride or what?!

Granted Furries don't have nearly as much media representation as LGBTQs, we ABDLs have had some, but a little more would be nice and maybe help us. Like an entire ABDL TV Show or Big Hollywood movie! (Not a movie like the Baby that hardly anyone knows about/has seen).

So, ADISC Community my ultimate question to you is the same as the title of the post...
Do You Think ABDL will ever become more socially accepted? Like the LGBTQ and Furry Community, as well as get more mainstream media representation? Let me know in the comments below, and
As Always Stay Diapered!🧷:)
-Baby William

Reactions: medfet878 and annbabygirl
I'm not sure I really can give a yes or no answer there, but I can tell you what I have noticed. Not sure if it's everywhere, but I actually have noticed more and more high school age kids openly wearing more of our clothing (no not sure what's under it!). Also on other forum I use that do allow minors, I see quite of few talking about it, a few times I figured I must have somehow stumbled in to a TB part of it, but when I double checked, it was just a general discussion area.
As for media coverage, that you do know you have to watch right? - Media can be a double-edged sword, it could help, or hurt depending on the coverage. If it is factual information, sure it's going to help, but it will have to be entertaining as well, because it's something a lot don't think about at all, or much care, some if it's just facts, it will likely seem dull and boring. A full length movie, humm idk, you intend to educate, that would be a documentary, but like pointed out, you don't want something people will see as dull and boring or they will not get much out of it anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, dogboy, medfet878 and 2 others
nwm said:
Not sure if it's everywhere, but I actually have noticed more and more high school age kids openly wearing more of our clothing (no not sure what's under it!).
Wow no way! You mean like onesies?! That's amazing! Where at I'd love to see that!
nwm said:
As for media coverage, that you do know you have to watch right? - Media can be a double-edged sword, it could help, or hurt depending on the coverage. If it is factual information, sure it's going to help, but it will have to be entertaining as well, because it's something a lot don't think about at all, or much care, some if it's just facts, it will likely seem dull and boring. A full length movie, humm idk, you intend to educate, that would be a documentary, but like pointed out, you don't want something people will see as dull and boring or they will not get much out of it anyway.
Yeah that's true. You're right.

SecretlyABDL94 said:
Wow no way! You mean like onesies?! That's amazing! Where at I'd love to see that!
That's just a little bit away from the GWB on the New Jersey side, over-all not a HUGE amount, but clearly noticeable. I actual first started noticing in the trailer park I live in, but since at the time only place I had seen it, so kind of figure in there way mocking me a bit (next door is the wolds nosiest person with the biggest mouth, and talking to kids all the time.) - But then had taken a bus up to a 7-Eveven, waiting to come back home, and school had just let out - and noticed about 5 or 6 of them in a crowd - so there went that initial theory. (obviously they had that on in school, and no way to know I would be waiting for a buss when they passed there)., and have been seeing it more and more since.

Reactions: medfet878
SecretlyABDL94 said:
Do you think we ABDLs will ever become more accepted by people outside our community? As well as get more representation in Movies and TV Shows? I mean look at the LGBTQ community, little by little they are getting more accepted by society, most likely thanks to Gay Pride and LGBTQ shows like Will & Grace. Granted some people still do look down on them and wanna boycott any Disney Movies that show an LGBTQ scene/character.

However, there are significantly less that look down on the LGBTQ community than before. And how about the Furry community, they sometimes even mix with our community known as Babyfurs. Yet they seem more socially accepted than our community. I mean Dan from the Game Grumps is open about being a Furry and the GG fans love him for it!

Why is an Adult dressing up as an Animal more acceptable than an Adult dressing up as a Baby?! (Unless I'm misunderstanding what a Furry is and what they do, but I'm pretty sure they dress as animals). IDK if they have a Furry Pride that has helped them become more socially accepted or what. Do we need to have an ABDL Pride or what?!

Granted Furries don't have nearly as much media representation as LGBTQs, we ABDLs have had some, but a little more would be nice and maybe help us. Like an entire ABDL TV Show or Big Hollywood movie! (Not a movie like the Baby that hardly anyone knows about/has seen).

So, ADISC Community my ultimate question to you is the same as the title of the post...
Do You Think ABDL will ever become more socially accepted? Like the LGBTQ and Furry Community, as well as get more mainstream media representation? Let me know in the comments below, and
As Always Stay Diapered!🧷:)
-Baby William
Honestly I think it is a little bit more except it and it used to be because if you really think about it they’re bringing back the more and more child for things such as the vintage my little pony and bratz! And I’ve noticed more and more things that are cuter that are made for adults now than they used to be and it’s from regular companies and back in the day they didn’t have that they have T-shirts with my little pony on it or Rugrats or Barbie or some of the other videos that we had as kids now they have all that stuff for adults.

Also you started seeing more and more ABDL stuff coming from companies in China and other regular companies making a video stuff like for instance the baby bottles they adult size baby bottles that have the straw in them.

I remember back in the day back when I first found out about the community and you could hardly find anything that was a ABDL you had to know somebody or you had to find a website of somebody who custom made it and then I remembered when these other companies first came out they started selling the diapers and the onesies and was like oh my God everybody was so excited about that now you’re starting to see it more and more because sellers know there’s a market for it and they don’t care.

Honestly it’s so amazing and I also remember when you could not find the plastic pants that they were much harder to find now you can find them in all sizes and with the cute prints and it’s just amazing the only steppingstone we need now I think is to get the cute print diapers with the baby prints on them that are for bigger people like not one X but higher than that because there are some big babies out there and I am one of the big babies and I can wear an extra large but there are some people I know that are friends of mine who are also Littles and they are big and they can’t find the cute prints And it’s very sad

• Wow
Reactions: Rezzu, medfet878, Jim100 and 2 others
This is a good question, and who knows. I think it is important how we portray ourselves and live our lives. I am DL, not AB, but I think if we can balance ABDL with adult responsibilities, contributions to society, relationships, kindness, and respect for others, the general vanilla public might begin to look at us as just another non-threatening interest/life-style.

• Love
Reactions: Ghg789987, medfet878, Jim100 and 4 others
I dont think it will be accepted. I think its already at the peak tollerance level we can expect. The reality is most people might giggle or roll their eyes, but they dont care. If your behavior makes people uncomfortable, then they will be much less accepting. Im thinking of creepy behavior like hanging out in bathrooms asking strangers to change you. If you look like a normal person and someone happens to find out you are abdl, they typically dont care.

• Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 42221, dl015, medfet878 and 3 others
Saltedcaramel64 said:
Im thinking of creepy behavior like hanging out in bathrooms asking strangers to change you.
Well, anyone that would do such a thing for sure has a few screws loose, if not missing completely!
Stranger - omg - NO that is NEVER going to be ok no matter what!

Reactions: medfet878 and Jim100
I don't think that this question is specific to the ABDL community. I think acceptance, broadly speaking, is slowly being pushed forward.

Let's look back what humanity was doing in the middle-ages: witch-hunt, mocking science, etc... 80 years ago we had eugenics, race theory and holocaust. We look back to these things and think "what barbarians people were back then". It's almost universally understood noways that the examples I cited are clear demonstrations of human stupidity.

I do think (or at least hope) that 500 from now, people will look back to the lack of acceptance we had at the beginning of this century, for trivial things like the clothes you like to wear to inoffensive acts like being ABDL, and think the same thing. For them, the lack of acceptance our society demonstrates will look as barbaric as my examples.

Unfortunately, I don't think this will advance fast enough so we could enjoy in our lifetimes.

• Sad
Reactions: medfet878, Jim100, ABDElsa and 2 others
Tangela said:
Unfortunately, I don't think this will advance fast enough so we could enjoy in our lifetimes.
Everything else for sure - that though, I would have to say is unclear. Reason being, everything including social evolution sure dose seem to have a greatly accelerated pace anymore.

Reactions: medfet878 and Tangela
A year ago i would have said No, it reached its peak.
I have an instagram account and from that i learned there is a huge demand for diaper shirts and onesies as they are a fad for the young generation. I find that when a person dips there foot into this life style the urge for trying more of whats available comes eventually, and with companies like amazon offering products that does a lot for normalization as well.

• Sad
Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy, medfet878, Jim100 and 3 others
The more I learn what others think, and don't care with love, support and understanding, it WILL be very acceptable in the furture. I'm around people 24/7 and just got a baby moble for my bed/crib, and everyone is cool with it. I'm getting a pacifier this week. If all go's well, I'm getting baby toys. I'm very excited

• Love
Reactions: medfet878, ABDElsa, Tangela and 1 other person
It certainly seems to be accepted in Times Square on New Year's Eve

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sinceiwassmall, medfet878, ABDElsa and 1 other person
nwm said:
That's just a little bit away from the GWB on the New Jersey side, over-all not a HUGE amount, but clearly noticeable. I actual first started noticing in the trailer park I live in, but since at the time only place I had seen it, so kind of figure in there way mocking me a bit (next door is the wolds nosiest person with the biggest mouth, and talking to kids all the time.) - But then had taken a bus up to a 7-Eveven, waiting to come back home, and school had just let out - and noticed about 5 or 6 of them in a crowd - so there went that initial theory. (obviously they had that on in school, and no way to know I would be waiting for a buss when they passed there)., and have been seeing it more and more since.
Wow! That's so cool! So like they wear onesies, and pants and then I guess other people just think it's a tucked in shirt but ABDLs know it's a onesie??? So they look something like this??? Just obviously without the pacifier of course. 20210128_152743_(1).jpg

Reactions: Rezzu, medfet878, nwm and 1 other person
Frungie said:
the general vanilla public might begin to look at us as just another non-threatening interest/life-style
Here's hoping

Reactions: nwm and medfet878
I know one minority group that is treated by far way worse than adult babies. 😥😥 The reason I know is that I am part of this minority. I happen to have Classic Autism (and also comorbid ADHD). Autistic people are treated in some ways worse than criminals in the free world. I regularly see, and certainly on YouTube videos, much more positive comments on adult babies than on Autistic people. 🤷 And to really be clear about this : People are usually afraid of things they don't understand or that they have no experience of. 🤮 People and society are afraid of the unknown. Autism may be something that is a little more well known now in the past 15 years, but no one knew what that was in the 1980s. People like me weren't given much help or special education back in those days. 😥 Often kids who were more severely Autistic didn't get even get help in those days and basically fell through the cracks of the educational system. I'm in my mid 40s now residing in my childhood bedroom without much a future, still living with my aging 70 something year old parents. Sure, I have a bachelor degree in Geography, and it was so hard for me to get a degree, but that doesn't help me get a job. The unemployment rate for Autistic people is 85%, even for those with a college education or degree. 🤷😱 No minority has an unemployment rate THAT high - not even the worst criminals. The highest unemployment rate not only among disabilities (Down Syndrome, comparatively, has a 21% unemployment rate), but among ANY minority. I don't have any adult rights almost at all, but I don't have children's rights either. This is worse than being a preschooler, because while preschoolers are under the "control" of their parents like I still am myself, they still have more rights than me, and sometimes in some cases, more money to be able to spend on buying things. There is a bit of a silver lining in being a child. Of course, it's temporary, and I'm not exactly envious, as they will eventually grow up and have to act like an adult. But I would give anything in the world to be able to have much more of a variety of children's / kiddie rides I could ride on and being limited to only 3 amusement parks to ride them (the nearest being 2 hours away from me) and the next nearest being a Disney park 6 1/2 hours away, and the remaining one an entire day's plane ride away [Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee]). Do you think I wouldn't want to sit my mom's lap and get cuddled, or ride on a ride on toy like Power Wheels or just any no motorized ride on toy? You don't think I would love to have a piggyback ride? Do you think I don't want to stop getting bullied because I am Autistic? If I was little, no one would care that I was Autistic if I looked like a precious little boy....they wouldn't bully me. I love long-alls and T strap shoes and yet have the most difficult time finding them in my size. I don't drive a car even as my attention span is so bad I can't concentrate for over 20-25 minutes. I've tried, but it just doesn't work. You could go into a first grade classroom or perhaps even kindergarten to observe children if you took a class in child development, and the 5 and 6 year old little boys and girls you would see would have far better concentration spans than me. I have had a driver's license for 25 years and it is worth virtually nothing to me, like a sneer at what I've become. I feel like I just went 360 degrees and came back to where I started from - back in my bedroom, after all that hard work in university. Most Autistic people (and even those with Asperger Syndrome) come back home. 🤷😥 This isn't even being a boomerang child....I never had a chance from the beginning to start with. I could have stayed in preschool all my life, never grew up physically, been a proportionate pituitary dwarf that looks like a little kid, and I could have come to the same conclusion. I really think I would have better off being 3 feet 4 inches tall and 40 pounds rather than 5 feet 11 inches and 180 pounds. If Santa Claus could just help me ..... I'm not the only one with Autism who wishes that they were little. Some parents of Autistic adult children have even said to psychiatrists and psychologists of their child that they wish too that their adult child was the size of a child because society would be more understanding of them and set aside their expectations of them and accept them for who they were based on how their developmental age was. It's very sad hearing a parent say that. 😥😭

Most of you are able to act like an adult when you want to or wish to, and revert to being like a child willingly under your control and hold down a job, but I don't even have that. I act like a child 99% of the time without even knowing I am. 😥 Being Autistic, even when I was in university, most of the entire college residence apartment students called me the R word. That includes a lot of people from society. I probably would be a millionaire by now if I got $1 every time someone called me the R word. I've been called much worse names too, even implying that I must be a criminal. I even got rocks thrown at me (in college) by some moron who thought it would be fun to bully me along with his 4 stupid cronies, who should all have been arrested for harassment, but campus police didn't catch them. 😱 Throwing rocks at someone is not okay and never will be. It wouldn't be okay to throw rocks at the worst murderers like Ted Bundy. I should not have to be treated worse than a murderer because I have Autism. Autistic people have some of the highest suicide ideation and attempt rates among any minorities, and it is well documented in many research studied. 😥 I never have attempted suicide, thankfully, but I know Autistic people who have. We even get denied for heart transplants if we need them. It's actually worse than even having Down Syndrome. People are usually more tolerant towards even DS because they are "cute" and look like they are disabled. I got bullied all the time from 5th to 10th grade too, and obviously as I didn't collect children's clothing or T strap shoes back then, that wasn't the reason I was being bullied. Kids just bullied me for the way I talked or walked, or for being Autistic in itself. Those things are not even things you can change. 😱 Hiding the fact I want to wear long-alls is one thing, but I can't hide all the character traits of my being born Autistic. I was never an aggressive child. On the contrary, I never bullied anyone at all. I think 100% of my friends in kindergarten through the end of high school would say that I was a sweet and kind child. I'm pretty sure that even 99% of my bullies would even say in retrospect that I was a sweet and kind little boy. I never fought back or retailiated, either. One of my classmates in high school said recently that I treated everyone with respect and kindness and love, but I wasn't always shown that, that's for sure.

Also remember again, as well, people and society are usually intolerant of things they don't know of. 🤷 Autism is still a very mysterious disorder, even though it is more known these days. I'm not technically an adult baby as I don't wear diapers, but I do have many childlike leanings, which actually isn't uncommon with Autism although that might be partly a result of being brutalized. Society generally is more understanding of things they know more about too. For instance, an actual 3, 4, or 5 year old boy in the West Coast may or may not get teased or made fun of for wearing jon jons or longalls with kneesocks and T strap shoes (T strap Mary Jane shoes), but in the Deep South, like Alabama or South Carolina, most people, including other children of the same age upon seeing an ostensible peer, would say "You're so adorable" and coo at him. 💜💜💜 But those types of clothes are much more known in the Deep South. In fact, it's extremely rare to see a little boy wearing longalls / jon jons or T strap shoes nowadays north of the Mason-Dixon line. It is almost unheard of in the Pacific Northwest and West Coast. A very large amount of parents on the West Coast or in the North (the vast majority) who even have little boys have no clue what a longall is and would never even think about their little boys wearing T strap shoes. Except maybe in England where the royal family's children do. Maybe in some pockets of wealthier areas in New Jersey, or places like Norwalk, Connecticut. But generally, it's definitely a Southern culture thing for sure. I have a friend with Autism in Illinois who collects books on storms and tornadoes. She's actually quite sweet, but she seems to be asexual and is not interested in relationships. Any way, my point is even though she collects those things which to me seem not as unusual as what I collect, she still gets bullied. 🤷😥 Definitely online in the very least. And sometimes she gets bullied by higher functioning Autistic people. I don't know why there is a social hierarchy even among Autistic people. There shouldn't be a pecking order or social strata, but there is. Those who are 17 years olds emotionally and socially regularly seem to pick on the ones "less mature than them", like Autistic people who are emotionally and socially like 12 year olds (like my friend) or like a 5 year old (me). Reminds me of the 18 year old seniors in high school picking on the 14 year old freshmen in 9th grade at PE. If a psychiatrist is going to call an 18 year old that does that more "mature" than the 14 year old who is bullied, or someone is emotionally and socially that age bullying someone who is emotionally and socially like a 4 or 5 year old, if that's called "maturity", I hope to heck I never grow up ever emotionally and socially. Who wants that type of "maturity"?? It would be better off if I wore long-alls and T strap shoes and wore a diaper (I don't wear diapers, but I'm just saying) and slept in a crib than "mature" and become a big bully like that. Society is really messed up.

Take care,

longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: medfet878 and ABDElsa
BuffedBaby said:
It certainly seems to be accepted in Times Square on New Year's Eve

Wow! No way! That's awesome!

SecretlyABDL94 said:
Wow! That's so cool! So like they wear onesies, and pants and then I guess other people just think it's a tucked in shirt but ABDLs know it's a onesie??? So they look something like this??? Just obviously without the pacifier of course. View attachment 67100
Pretty much - sometimes slightly more obvious - although not so much RIGHT now - starting to get too cold.
But it is a bit surprizing either way. But whatever, nbd - although I do kind of wonder what the reaction would bed if I were to casually let them know I DO know exactly what that is (the thought crossed my mind quite a few times, but so far have not said a word).

• Wow
Reactions: medfet878 and ABDElsa
I highly doubt that mainstream society would ever be as "accepting" of ABDL as other stuff. Most won't really care but there are a lot that would take issue with it especially if they got wind of the more.. less acceptable "ABDL"s. There are those that go too far and can be creepy. They give everyone a bad name, unfortunately only takes one bad apple to sour the basket.
For example, I stopped telling anyone I have Autism, let alone Asperger's.. it was that darned school shooter that ruined that.

ABDL is the sort of thing you only tell people close to you or other ABDL friends. If you think you can go walk outside in a baby costume with a paci in your mouth and a wet diaper on visibly without someone taking offence then that is a bit shortsighted, possibly dangerous. I know some do it but only in your secluded yard, for sure do not walk into Walmart acting like an "Adult Baby".

The more we can keep our padded secrets to only those with similar interests, the better. ABDLs have been in the media before, but most times its a bad portrayal. I've seen a few good portrayals of ABDLs but in general you'll only find that in a documentary and most vanilla people wouldn't watch that.

Reactions: Deleted member 42221 and medfet878
Saltedcaramel64 said:
I dont think it will be accepted. I think its already at the peak tollerance level we can expect. The reality is most people might giggle or roll their eyes, but they dont care. If your behavior makes people uncomfortable, then they will be much less accepting. Im thinking of creepy behavior like hanging out in bathrooms asking strangers to change you. If you look like a normal person and someone happens to find out you are abdl, they typically dont care.

I'm not an adult baby technically as I have Autism and don't even wear a diaper. But although I have been bullied immensely because of my Autism, I found that when I wore childlike clothing, interestingly, people actually left me alone. I mentioned about being bullied at University, but for two weeks when I wore Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls, the bullies left me alone. Everyone was nicer to me. This was 21 years ago. Maybe they thought they pushed me too far and that I was ready to snap. I also have worn long-alls and T strap shoes during Halloween before as a costume, and I didn't get any negative comments. The weird part about children's clothes that are vintage or look vintage, is that it could be used as a costume, or double up us an every day outfit. Like a mom who showed a photo of her 5 year old daughter wearing an Alice In Wonderland lookalike dress and black patent leather buckle Mary Janes, but then also commented that her (vintage) clothes could be an everyday outfit as well. I've done the same thing with the longalls and T strap shoes. I now wear that all the time - or at least to my county park to take a walk, if not other places. The COVID 19 pandemic isolation situation / garbage has really worn me out emotionally and mentally and every way. But in the past 1 1/2 years, absolutely NO ONE even said anything negative to me about me wearing longalls or T strap shoes upon seeing me wear that. I even had a few people who thought I was downright adorable. 💜😁 Anyway, everyone is nutty now with the COVID 19 going on, I mean, like, nutty is the new normal, as other nonautistic people are saying now, ya know? Heck, I know radio station disc jockeys that are wearing pajamas to work now!! 😂 This COVID 19 pandemic is so hard and it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel. So what is mentally ill now? Probably nearly everyone is at this point! LOL! I am going to somehow to get another longall in plaid gingham made for me and eventually these tan (burnt orange) T strap shoes from a children's shoe company in Spain in my size, once I can get the ball rolling once it is okay, hopefully soon. And when my community college reopens, maybe next summer I'll be running down the campus path in a different longall and T strap shoes with a foot scooter 🛴 and I will be just so adorable. 💜😁

- longallsboy

Back