SAP and pulp coming out of the diaper

mihannes

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've had this problem occasionally with many different diapers over the years. Sometimes the plastic comes loose and the SAP and pulp comes out. It usually happens right where there's the most pressure when sitting on it.

Now I'm trying out tykables camelots. I've worn two and both times had to stop earlier than I wanted because of this problem. The plastic itself is very strong and doesn't tear. It just comes loose from the rest of the diaper at the edges. The second one was especially a bad case. First it opened at the front but I kept wearing it, carefully. A little later I noticed SAP exiting the diaper both on the left and the right side of the back near my legs and I had to take it off.

I can't find much about this. I don't see any reviews complaining about this problem. Am I asking too much of my diapers? Is there a diaper that's particularly resistant to this? I like to use diapers to their fullest; wet until they almost leak and then wear it for 8+ hours.

I've worn mostly abena and comficare/forsite and just recently switched to only ABDL diapers*. I didn't have the problem a lot with abena, just sometimes; same for forsite. My sample size of ABDL diapers tried is still pretty low so I don't know what conclusions to draw. I've only tried 2 camelots. It just seems exceptional that out of 2, both have the problem and the second time at 3 different locations. I don't think I've had the problem with littleforbig yet. They seem to be the best quality diaper I've tried so far.

*and I want to never look back. I should have stopped using medical diapers earlier. I always disliked how they look but I think I somehow got used to that being normal. When I see the abena print now I can only think "why was I still wearing something so ugly?"

Last edited:
I went through an entire pack of camelots and none of them had that problem. This sounds like a rare incident as many here have talked about how great they are. You might be pushing them too far. But I pushed mine too and none of them leaked sap or pulp.

Reactions: mihannes
I don't have experience with Tykables diapers (yet) but I have a question for you - what are you using for skin protection?

A number of manufacturers have a warning on their websites that baby oil, petroleum jelly, etc. can weaken the adhesives they use to hold together the interior structure of their diapers.

We are individuals and our results can vary. In my own experience, I have used a light coating of Aquaphor and baby powder in the diaper and my very rare experiences of breakdowns have been with an occasional booster pad (was contained within the diaper) or (once) a lower quality store brand diaper (the last one in the bag and I never bought that brand again).

mihannes said:
I've had this problem occasionally with many different diapers over the years. Sometimes the plastic comes loose and the SAP and pulp comes out. It usually happens right where there's the most pressure when sitting on it.

Now I'm trying out tykables camelots. I've worn two and both times had to stop earlier than I wanted because of this problem. The plastic itself is very strong and doesn't tear. It just comes loose from the rest of the diaper at the edges. The second one was especially a bad case. First it opened at the front but I kept wearing it, carefully. A little later I noticed SAP exiting the diaper both on the left and the right side of the back near my legs and I had to take it off.

I can't find much about this. I don't see any reviews complaining about this problem. Am I asking too much of my diapers? Is there a diaper that's particularly resistant to this? I like to use diapers to their fullest; wet until they almost leak and then wear it for 8+ hours.

I've worn mostly abena and comficare/forsite and just recently switched to only ABDL diapers*. I didn't have the problem a lot with abena, just sometimes; same for forsite. My sample size of ABDL diapers tried is still pretty low so I don't know what conclusions to draw. I've only tried 2 camelots. It just seems exceptional that out of 2, both have the problem and the second time at 3 different locations. I don't think I've had the problem with littleforbig yet. They seem to be the best quality diaper I've tried so far.

*and I want to never look back. I should have stopped using medical diapers earlier. I always disliked how they look but I think I somehow got used to that being normal. When I see the abena print now I can only think "why was I still wearing something so ugly?"
Try Mega max. I have never had one come apart. They are with out a doubt the best I have ever used. Many after soaked even if it doesn't come out will fall and clump between the legs. These are great the hold a lot don't lump and they don't stretch or loosen when soaked either. they will send you 2 free samples if you live in the states.

Reactions: mihannes
PaddedJayde said:
I don't have experience with Tykables diapers (yet) but I have a question for you - what are you using for skin protection?

A number of manufacturers have a warning on their websites that baby oil, petroleum jelly, etc. can weaken the adhesives they use to hold together the interior structure of their diapers.

We are individuals and our results can vary. In my own experience, I have used a light coating of Aquaphor and baby powder in the diaper and my very rare experiences of breakdowns have been with an occasional booster pad (was contained within the diaper) or (once) a lower quality store brand diaper (the last one in the bag and I never bought that brand again).
I did not think about that but yes a lot of diaper paste will break down the glue that holds the leg gathers together. Unless you just have super sensitive skin just going with a premium diaper that wicks liquid real good will stop a rash from happening.

Thanks for the replies.
Some posts were removed from this thread. I already said I don't use any skin protection and there was a reply after that too.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Back