How many bowlers do we have?

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Do you bowl on league?
how often do you bowl per month"?
Do you bowl with a diaper on?
Give us you current average and your high game and high series.

I bowl one league a week every wed but am usually out their 3 to 4 times a week to practice
I currently only have a 176 average but see it going back up to plus 200 soon. We use to bowl 3 leagues a week every week years ago and then was at the bowling alley daily to practice and I always carried a 200 plus average but we stopped for about 15 years and now I am remembering how fun it is. even if it is hurting me to do it it is still fun. My body just isn't as good as it once was but its been good to my stomach to get active again.
I always bowl with a diaper on some times I use a pull up but My bladder does no leave me a choice to go with out something on.
In the month we have been back to it I have shot 246 and 249 and several other 200 plus games and a couple 600 series

I have never got a perfect ever in my life but I have done a 279 3 times and that is only one pin from it and the best series I ever did was a 719. I hope this year I can improve on both those thing.

I don't know how many bowlers we have but I would like to hear from you. I throw right handed don and in bowler most the time but I do swing the ball out and back in sometimes as well. I am very excited to be back into this sport.

Reactions: Chosen, RedPandaDL and KrankyPants
I used to bowl a long time ago. I started in the kids leagues. I was ok. But I always had a bad habit of twisting my wrist while releasing the ball. My coaches always tried to help me not do that. Last time I bowled was on a league with two of my friends. I still don't think of myself as being good or anything. I just played for fun. And the fact that I love bowling.

Reactions: Chosen and RedPandaDL
Janiseguchi said:
I used to bowl a long time ago. I started in the kids leagues. I was ok. But I always had a bad habit of twisting my wrist while releasing the ball. My coaches always tried to help me not do that. Last time I bowled was on a league with two of my friends. I still don't think of myself as being good or anything. I just played for fun. And the fact that I love bowling.
Fun is what it is all about. I have a good time no matter what my score says but I always bowl better when around better bowlers. The most important thing to bowling is no matter how you release the ball you have to do it the same every time every time in order to be consistent. Then it's just the matter of figuring out where to place the ball when you release. But we have people on league that barley break 100 and we have one dude that carries a 255 average. It really is just about having fun though. And it and golf are the only sports that are truly up to the player to win or loose. It is a lot more of a mental game than people give credit

• Wow
Reactions: SummonedGoku and Chosen
I have a pretty good spin! I don't bowl to win though, for me it's recreation. :) I just read your post and think it is really cool that you have a knack for it!

• Love
Reactions: Whitechocolate, Chosen, RedPandaDL and 1 other person
I used to bowl when I was young. I think my high score was 200 or 201.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
dogboy said:
I used to bowl when I was young. I think my high score was 200 or 201.
Nothing wrong with that. in fact that is a very respectable score.

I used to bowl regularly, but haven't been in a long, long time.

A few years back our wine association was coscheduled in a hotel that was hosting the International Gay Bowlers Congress meeting. The hotel screwed up and we ended up storing a lot of wine in the same room with a lot of bowling balls. We traded them some wine for the mardigras beads they were using as attendee badges.

• Haha
Reactions: Chosen and Diaperman95
KrankyPants said:
I have a pretty good spin! I don't bowl to win though, for me it's recreation. :) I just read your post and think it is really cool that you have a knack for it!
I would hope I did developed some kind of knack for it as much money as I spent out there over the years. I use to drop like $1200 a month at the bowling alley and that was 15 to 20 years ago. 😭😭😭 Wow I could of probably bought diapers for the rest of my life and then some for what I invested in that silly game. We not going to get no where that crazy this time around. Maybe a few nights a week. 1 thing my body would never take that kind of abuse now a days and 2. I don't make the money I once did. But I am excited to get back into it. I got a new roller bag in today and bought some new shoes last week as mine was 2o yrs old and falling apart.

Reactions: Chosen
I bowled from 1st grade through high school. My high series was a 769, which included my three highest games. I believe 259, 256 and 254. I haven’t bowled much since. My last couple years of high school, I averaged in the 190’s.

Reactions: Diaperman95
We used to do "midnight madness" with a bunch of people at work. I think from 10PM until 2PM or something like that it was a flat rate per lane.

• Love
I remember in the kids league the team I was a part of ended in second or third. We were call either DX or the Bipolar Bowlers. I always felt like I improved every single game. I had earned a lot of patches as well.

Reactions: Diaperman95
RedPandaDL said:
I bowled from 1st grade through high school. My high series was a 769, which included my three highest games. I believe 259, 256 and 254. I haven’t bowled much since. My last couple years of high school, I averaged in the 190’s.
Very cool 769 is pretty damn impressive. My 719 was my high it was a 235 ,245, and 239. It seems like every time I have a chance to top this I always choke on one game. especially right now getting back into it I can be up one game and down the next . A couple weeks ago on league I rolled 249 135 and 202. I hardly ever dip that low but it happens sometimes. The first game I had a real nice shot then it dried up and I had 6 or 7 splits in the second game alone. Then I got it back together. But who shoots a 249 and misses a 600 series? I have had 13 strikes in a row before but it was like the last 9 of one game and the first 5 of the next. I never have got my 300 yet. I really hope to check that off my list sometime soon.

It sounds like you was pretty good in school. You should get back into it. It is a good stress reliever for me.

Reactions: Chosen and RedPandaDL
willnotwill said:
We used to do "midnight madness" with a bunch of people at work. I think from 10PM until 2PM or something like that it was a flat rate per lane.
Was that like a glow bowl or just normal bowling? In glow ball they dim the lights and turn on black lights and have a party ball and different colored lights kind of like at a cheap high school dance. The markers in the lane glow so you an see where to throw the ball and they usually have music going. But I hate it my self the lighting is to distractive. That and a lot of kids bowl during this time and none of the know bowling etiquette nor do they want to learn it.

Tues day night our lanes are $1.50 a game so it is the cheapest night and a lot of people go.

I used to bowl a lot before a certain global event occurred, I'm just now getting back into it my average was 260 to 270. However there was one occurrence of where I bowled a 290 game but I have yet to repeat it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thinking
brokenTbi said:
I used to bowl a lot before a certain global event occurred, I'm just now getting back into it my average was 260 to 270. However there was one occurrence of where I bowled a 290 game but I have yet to repeat it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not really trying to say I don't believe what you said but a 260 to 270 bowler would of definitely rolled a 300 more than a few times. Most professionals don't carry but a 230 to 250 average on league with a house shot and no more than a 230 on a sport shot in professional setting . It just sounds a little strange to have that high a average and never have rolled above 290. We have a 250 average bowler at our house and he has had already had a 300 this year and several 280s-299s. And we are only 5 weeks into our season He is a machine and use to bowl pro. I mean it just sounds off to me. But if that is what you can do then way to go because a 270 average is almost unheard of and if not for saying you only did 290 once in your life. I would of never really questioned it. I would of just said damn he is a great bowler and must be pro. I mean Walter ray Williams most likely the best bowler to ever live carries between 220 to 230 on PBA and has earned over 4.5 million dollars in prizes and had over 110 300 games in PBA play. Now on a house shot he would most likely carry 20 to 30 pins more than on a PBA sport shot. Just saying

Reactions: littlefun, RedPandaDL, Manzanita and 1 other person
Does Wii Bowling count? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: dogboy, RedPandaDL and Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
Not really trying to say I don't believe what you said but a 260 to 270 bowler would of definitely rolled a 300 more than a few times. Most professionals don't carry but a 230 to 250 average on league with a house shot and no more than a 230 on a sport shot in professional setting . It just sounds a little strange to have that high a average and never have rolled above 290. We have a 250 average bowler at our house and he has had already had a 300 this year and several 280s-299s. And we are only 5 weeks into our season He is a machine and use to bowl pro. I mean it just sounds off to me. But if that is what you can do then way to go because a 270 average is almost unheard of and if not for saying you only did 290 once in your life. I would of never really questioned it. I would of just said damn he is a great bowler and must be pro. I mean Walter ray Williams most likely the best bowler to ever live carries between 220 to 230 on PBA and has earned over 4.5 million dollars in prizes and had over 110 300 games in PBA play. Now on a house shot he would most likely carry 20 to 30 pins more than on a PBA sport shot. Just saying
It is true on my moms grave, yes I have bowled on average a 260 to 270 game. I used to hit the local bowling alley in my area almost everyday and practiced, practiced, practiced. The one time I bowled the 290 I was the happiest person on the lanes I don't bowl for sport, I bowl because it's fun I'm not a league player I just go in, get my lane, and have fun. Sorry if it sounds suspicious but it is true.

brokenTbi said:
It is true on my moms grave, yes I have bowled on average a 260 to 270 game. I used to hit the local bowling alley in my area almost everyday and practiced, practiced, practiced. The one time I bowled the 290 I was the happiest person on the lanes I don't bowl for sport, I bowl because it's fun I'm not a league player I just go in, get my lane, and have fun. Sorry if it sounds suspicious but it is true.
well if that's the case than good for you. I certainly am not going to call you a lier when I have never met you. I would give my left nut to average a 270. I a married 26 plus years now its not like I am using it. 😂🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Manzanita
I love bowling, I haven't been in so long I can't remember my best scores but when I worked for O'Reilly auto parts years ago there were people from several different stores that had a league I was a member of and we did pretty good for a bunch of misfits! Maybe one day I'll be able to get back into it for more than just the odd birthday party or Christmas party.

I bowl in 2 leagues and sub in others when I available. Also bowl in the occasional tournaments. I don't wear anything unless I know I'm having a bad day. At that I would just wear a pullup and fold the sides down. My avg last season was 225. Slow start this season right now at 220. I have only 2- 300's with 6- 299's. I also have 3- 800 series with a high of 822.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and RedPandaDL
Back