goodnites vs ninjamas

breadSandwich

makin that bread, baby!
Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
ive been using goodnites for daytime use and ive come across pampers ninjamas. are they better? I see they are cheaper but do they feel comfortable and is the sizing more dynamic

Reactions: BabyRobbie, Neet and goodnites22
goodnites are much bigger

Reactions: Tigondegra, Chosen and 12srepaid
breadSandwich said:
ive been using goodnites for daytime use and ive come across pampers ninjamas. are they better? I see they are cheaper but do they feel comfortable and is the sizing more dynamic
Despite what's on the package, Ninjamas are much smaller. Even smaller than Underjams.

Reactions: Ickledan89, Tigondegra, Chosen and 1 other person
I found something that works!

Take a Tru-Fit Goodnites Underwear and add an XS Goodnites, you could make your own Tru-Fit refill WITH COOL PRINTS! 😛 Instead of using the plain white unattractive refills! 😬

Someone probably already has, but...Has anyone tried this yet??

The only problem is that Tru-Fit Goodnites Underwear are smaller than the regular Goodnites.
Besides it doesn't matter if the refills are boring looking.

Problem- they don't sell Tru-Fit Goodnites anymore

Reactions: 12srepaid
TBH. Don't bother with Ninjamas. Pampers should bring back UnderJams

Reactions: 12srepaid
jamiejamie said:
That's a very good point as well. :)

TD712 said:
TBH. Don't bother with Ninjamas. Pampers should bring back UnderJams
I agree. Besides Underjams was a better name and had better designs too. :)

I've read that ninjamas run small. I used to wear underjams m, by the same brand and I never actually wet the bed when I wore them while growing up. I hope this helps.

It's very sad that Ninjamas runs small. Because one of the best features that Ninjamas has, is the 3 channel system.
That feature alone is competition worthy for Goodnites. Too bad Pampers isn't interested.

• Love
Reactions: DLScottsman
12srepaid said:
It's very sad that Ninjamas runs small. Because one of the best features that Ninjamas has, is the 3 channel system.
That feature alone is competition worthy for Goodnites. Too bad Pampers isn't interested.
I think Always pullups still have that. I used them in the past and saw the 3-channel system.

Last edited:
jamiejamie said:
Yes. I am aware they are discontinued.

When these T-Fits came on the market, stores like Target had them stocked. I purchased 3 starter packs with 2 pairs and 5 or so refills, and a couple refill packs of 16.

When stores started noticing they didn't sell well, they got rid of their stock to the resale market.

I found 12 or so Tru-Fit L/XL underwear at Goodwill for $0.99 each, brand new and still rolled up with the clear rubber band.

I now (then) had too many of them, so I sacrificed 2 of each design...Navy and Blue Stripes. Cut the refill pocket out and used them as regular underwear.

Goodwills next to Targets are awesome because Target will give them their unsold clothes and other items.

Now... in 2021...long been out of the refills, but, I still got the 12 pairs rolled up. The refills have tripled (3x) (at least) their MSRP on eBay and such, making them kind of a waste of money to get. I'd much rather get vintage or older Goodnites to add to the collection.

So I wanted to try them out again and got some XS Spiderman Goodnites to try to make my own refills, but wayyyyy cheaper. If you cut the sides off of them and then fold the extra fabric by the waistband and the leg opening elastic underneath, they will fit into the pocket of the T-Fits. The actual L/XL refill pad is about the same size...maybe slightly smaller than the pad on XS Goodnites.

Reactions: jamiejamie
KrankyPants said:
I think Always pullups still have that. I used them in the past and saw the 3-channel system.
But wouldn't Always more likely be competing against Depends, not Goodnites?
Ninjamas could be good competition for Goodnites, but they simply refuse to do it!

Pampers always seem to be behind the 8ball in night time bed wetting pants.

Reactions: DanElmontan
I LOVE ninjamas - more than goodnites. They don’t sag/leak over the day, there is no press out leak that goodnites have every time, they are quietier so even in my jammies no one can see/hear - the goodnites you totally can hear if dry. They do unfortunately fit like underwear so after a bit you can’t feel them at all - goodnites feel a bit more like a diaper.

BUT you need to be in the size range, goodnites will stretch and be forgiving .... ninjamas are NOT. so if your Waist/hips/thighs/legs ANYWHERE is bigger than 31-32” they will not fit.

KarmaBaby said:
I LOVE ninjamas - more than goodnites. They don’t sag/leak over the day, there is no press out leak that goodnites have every time, they are quietier so even in my jammies no one can see/hear - the goodnites you totally can hear if dry. They do unfortunately fit like underwear so after a bit you can’t feel them at all - goodnites feel a bit more like a diaper.

BUT you need to be in the size range, goodnites will stretch and be forgiving .... ninjamas are NOT. so if your Waist/hips/thighs/legs ANYWHERE is bigger than 31-32” they will not fit.
Well good for you. Most of us know that Ninjamas run smaller than Goodnites. Heck, they run smaller than Underjams, making them only for kids that are toothpicks.
And it's not about whether any of us can wear them or not. It's about parents having a legitimate choice between products. Is that too much to ask? I surely hope not.

Last edited:
KarmaBaby said:

How the flip do you fit into Ninjamas with a 31-32" waist and hips?!?!?

I am a 28" waist. I can get them on, yes, however, the sides are stretched to the MAX! Any sort of bending down, standing with feet spread shoulder width or greater, or aggressive walking will make the "easy-tear" sides burst open! It happened to me with EVERY single one out of my box I had.

Ninjamas NEEDS TO GET RID OF the "easy-tear" sides. Doing so would make them 50% better. The other 50% would be making them bigger and taller.

SkinnyDL said:

I am a 28" waist. I can get them on, yes, however, the sides are stretched to the MAX! Any sort of bending down, standing with feet spread shoulder width or greater, or aggressive walking will make the "easy-tear" sides burst open! It happened to me with EVERY single one out of my box I had.

Ninjamas NEEDS TO GET RID OF the "easy-tear" sides. Doing so would make them 50% better. The other 50% would be making them bigger and taller.
Your waist is 28".. but is your hips still below 31-32"?
The easy tear sides starts tearing from the bottom for me when I over extend them due to sitting position.. which end does it start tearing from for you?
Maybe my 1st batch experience is just outdated..

12srepaid said:
Well good for you. Most of us know that Ninjamas run smaller than Goodnites. Heck, they run smaller than Underjams, making them only for kids that are toothpicks.
And it's not about whether any of us can wear them or not. It's about parents having a legitimate choice between products. Is that too much to ask? I surely hope not.
Ell
SkinnyDL said:

my waist is 24” ;) and my typical hip measurement is 28” but a bit farther down is 31” but the ninjamas don’t sit at my waist and hence why I use the hips/waist measurement. But I’m measuring every inch and finding where it’s the largest which is actually at the largest part of thighs for me being a girl.

the newest update did make them just a tiny bit looser at the bottom side area so they fit my size prefectly. This means CHILDREN who still wears CHILD clothes size 14 - not a middle school boy who already sprouted and wearing men sized clothing will fit these. And not adults who can squeeze into some kids clothes .... ones that actually are that size. 5 foot, 90-120 pounds depending on body frame, and similar hips/waist to me. these families have great choices - goodnites or ninjamas, anything bigger you already are fighting between child/adult in clothes and everything so yes they are left out a bit and only goodnites as option or trying adult products. But yes I agree they could easily add another size for the husky/larger children that don’t fit these ones and do think they should have marketed them to 95/100 pounds only - 125 is pushing them depending on body frame.

I have accidentally ripped the sides once or twice (and gone through 3 boxes - most I wear for whole day or two before using) and even with it ripped an inch , it STILL works perfectly fine as long as you grab gently with fingers as you pull it up and down And I continue to wear for whole days.

goodnites22 said:
goodnites are much bigger
Would the ninjamas fit a 25 26" and 110 to 117 IBS?

Back