Adult pull up rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I recently tried the Tranquility ATN pull ups. Why do all adult pull ups have this horrific waist band. It’s like a feathered mess, un comfortable and unsightly. I know that adult diapers are meant to accommodate all sorts of sizes but it just seems so bad.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo and JaysonTheRegressor
Beowulf said:
So I recently tried the Tranquility ATN pull ups. Why do all adult pull ups have this horrific waist band. It’s like a feathered mess, un comfortable and unsightly. I know that adult diapers are meant to accommodate all sorts of sizes but it just seems so bad.
Yeah I agree, I got the Tena pants and they feel so cheap, the elastic is so ugly and couldn’t even hold 1 wetting. Ugh…

I prefer the Goodnites style of wait band. I know it wouldn’t really work to just scale it up for people. I also feel like it could be done if if they narrowed the sizing target and just had more sizes available but that probably wouldn’t be profitable.

Reactions: perlFerret
Beowulf said:
I prefer the Goodnites style of wait band. I know it wouldn’t really work to just scale it up for people. I also feel like it could be done if if they narrowed the sizing target and just had more sizes available but that probably wouldn’t be profitable.
They just increased the size of goodnites again, and honestly, just doing the whole "scaling up the existing product" worked perfectly fine. In the same vein, they've started moving the cheap crappy granny panty waistbands down to easy ups and the likes, so scaling backwards works too. I don't understand why people think scaling it up wont work, your body shape is literally the same just bigger.

Reactions: perlFerret and Beowulf
AddyShadows said:
They just increased the size of goodnites again, and honestly, just doing the whole "scaling up the existing product" worked perfectly fine. In the same vein, they've started moving the cheap crappy granny panty waistbands down to easy ups and the likes, so scaling backwards works too. I don't understand why people think scaling it up wont work, your body shape is literally the same just bigger.
I do agree I think it could work. Goodnites XL fit perfectly for me when they got scaled up. My only issue with Goodnites are the micro tears in the plastic so sometimes they’ll leak slightly near the leg guards through the plastic.

But yea the granny frill waist band is atrocious.

Beowulf said:
But yea the granny frill waist band is atrocious.
Seeing it appear in Pampers products softened my attitude toward it a bit, but I still vastly prefer the smooth kind. My main objection to adult pull-ups so far has been the functionality. None of them manage to be quite functional enough as diapers to merit keeping around. Honestly, for the convenience of obtaining them at the local drug stores, I'd be inclined to buy the Always ones more often...if the padding was of sufficient length. Unfortunately, like so many others, they're more like maxi pads glued to disposable panties. :rolleyes:

Reactions: perlFerret and Abdlchriscrinkle
Cottontail said:
Seeing it appear in Pampers products softened my attitude toward it a bit, but I still vastly prefer the smooth kind. My main objection to adult pull-ups so far has been the functionality. None of them manage to be quite functional enough as diapers to merit keeping around. Honestly, for the convenience of obtaining them at the local drug stores, I'd be inclined to buy the Always ones more often...if the padding was of sufficient length. Unfortunately, like so many others, they're more like maxi pads glued to disposable panties. :rolleyes:
Random funfact, I got a sample pack once of, I think it was attends or something? Poise? Idek can't remember the brand, it was generic though, and it had the sample range of everything from their lightest pad, to their pull on pants, their most absorbent incontinence pad, was literally the same shape, size, and even had the same weird 'stitching' pattern in the absorbent pad inside the diaper, it looked like they had infact, actually glued their most absorbant pad into a granny panty diaper. You could even see the same 'tape here' pattern on the edges of the inside of the pant where it was placed as you could see on the under side of the insertable pad. Downright disgraceful imo.

AddyShadows said:
it looked like they had infact, actually glued their most absorbant pad into a granny panty diaper. You could even see the same 'tape here' pattern on the edges of the inside of the pant where it was placed as you could see on the under side of the insertable pad.
Heh. Oh gosh. "Engineering efficiency." I haven't seen anything quite that bad, but I guess I'm not surprised it exists. I suspect there are other lines of diapers where, irrespective of diaper size, the bulk of the absorbency is provided by a one-size pad.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Yea I do really like the pampers style as well, mainly because it doesn’t extend super far and isn’t paper thin. Ninjamas have a nice waistband. The adult pull ups would have the waist band extend all the way up to my navel despite the padding ending at my waist line… so uncomfortable even when pushed down or folded.

Reactions: perlFerret and Cottontail
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back