Wish Upon a Feeling

Rainbow

Formerly RainbowConnection/ Kenopsia
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
I kinda wish I liked diapers. Reading some of the posts here, the feelings you guys get, the comfort, the warmth... I suppose I wish I felt the same way. It just seems nice. Diapers for me are, unfortunately, somewhat uncomfortable. I always end up feeling congested and restricted, and they never feel like I want them to. No matter how tight or loose I adjust it, no matter what I try -- it just never feels right to me. I like their function and the security they claim to provide (especially for my primary interest), but I can never truly feel that way about them. They just... aren't my thing, and I guess I might need to accept that.

Maybe I also struggle with feeling like an imposter here, sometimes. I don't know. Maybe it's silly to wish I felt certain ways about certain things when I simply cannot and do not.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ThePaddedTurtle, KrankyPants and 1 other person
It's ok for them not to be your thing. We're all different and that's fine. I hear you on feeling like an imposter sometimes. I bet that's more common than you realise and I doubt it's true. Diapers are only one of many things that draw people here, you still belong even if they aren't it for you. Xxx

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ThePaddedTurtle, KrankyPants and 1 other person
It's perfectly cool if it is not your thing!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ThePaddedTurtle and Magicbean
You could try some soft flannel lined training pants to wear. They feel so soft and have a plastic outer shell. I often find myself putting those on when not in a diaper mood....

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:
You could try some soft flannel lined training pants to wear. They feel so soft and have a plastic outer shell. I often find myself putting those on when not in a diaper mood....
I'll look into that, thank you. Any recommendations?

RainbowConnection said:
Yes Protex medical sells those training pants and they are so soft and have that babyish element

MikeDJ said:
Yes Protex medical sells those training pants and they are so soft and have that babyish element
Thank you! I might make a post asking for some more recommendations before I decide anything, but this was very helpful and I'm definitely going to keep it in mind.

Reactions: Fluffybottoms and BobbiSueEllen
No problem with not liking diapers. But...

RainbowConnection said:

If you're inclined to experiment more, another suggestion would be Snap-EZ pocket diapers. They make some very trim-fitting ones, like these: https://www.snap-ez.com/product-page/small-snap-ez-adult-stuffable-briefs

One particularly nice thing about these is that the waist is very stretchy, so you can find your snap positions and then just pull them on and off like underwear. Or training pants, or whatever you imagine them to be. :) By themselves, they're just a waterproof panty with a soft microfleece lining--no real absorbency, but you've mentioned getting messy on other threads, and these would be fine for containment as-is. Then, if you later decide you want absorbency, you can stuff the inside pocket with purpose-made pads, cloth baby diapers, whatever.

I have a couple of these, as well as a couple of their higher-rise pocket diapers. They're a nice, versatile diaper/trainer/waterproof underwear option.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Rainbow
I read the title and suddenly I broke out in an "Ooga-chaka-ooga-ooga!" riff, LOL...my humor is returning! 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperVapor, Joediaper and Rainbow
Cottontail said:
No problem with not liking diapers. But...

If you're inclined to experiment more, another suggestion would be Snap-EZ pocket diapers. They make some very trim-fitting ones, like these: https://www.snap-ez.com/product-page/small-snap-ez-adult-stuffable-briefs

One particularly nice thing about these is that the waist is very stretchy, so you can find your snap positions and then just pull them on and off like underwear. Or training pants, or whatever you imagine them to be. :) By themselves, they're just a waterproof panty with a soft microfleece lining--no real absorbency, but you've mentioned getting messy on other threads, and these would be fine for containment as-is. Then, if you later decide you want absorbency, you can stuff the inside pocket with purpose-made pads, cloth baby diapers, whatever.

I have a couple of these, as well as a couple of their higher-rise pocket diapers. They're a nice, versatile diaper/trainer/waterproof underwear option.
Oh wow... They're like super undies! That's really tempting, I won't lie... I like the soft/ comfort that diapers claim to provide, but I also need the breathing room and freedom of undies (snug, but not restricted). These might be a perfect combination of that functionality... Do you think they could be that for me? Also, how well do the insert pads work?

RainbowConnection said:
Do you think they could be that for me? Also, how well do the insert pads work?
Well, I like 'em, and the snaps make the fit easy to adjust if/when you need to do that. As for the insert pads, I can't review them, as I don't have any. I have such a stupid stash of cloth baby diapers (prefolds) that I just stuff the pockets with those. The "stuffable briefs" have a narrower crotch and all-around smaller pocket than the "pocket diapers." Being totally real: I only expect to get one full wetting into the stuffable briefs, and then I swap the padding out. Think training pants. They're quite comfortable as underwear without any padding, too, as are the larger pocket diapers. The lining is very soft and the fit is nice and trim--with the right snap positions, of course. The exterior is also very soft and quiet under clothing.

For function, I do prefer the pocket diapers, which can easily accommodate 2-3 toddler prefolds. They can be made pretty thirsty.

I haven't gone hiking and/or pooped in them yet, though I expect they'd be good for that. For me, they're just a great around-the-house diapering option. I work at home, and have over 200 prefolds, so I'll sometimes go all day in one pocket and just keep swapping the padding. The leg cuffs do eventually moisten, though, so ... eventually I'll reach for a dry pocket.

Reactions: Rainbow and BobbiSueEllen
RainbowConnection said:
I kinda wish I liked diapers. Reading some of the posts here, the feelings you guys get, the comfort, the warmth... I suppose I wish I felt the same way. It just seems nice.
They just... aren't my thing, and I guess I might need to accept that.

Interestingly, I'm in a similar situation - but reversed. Feeling the presence of the diaper is the major point in wearing for me. On the other hand, I somewhat envy those experiencing "little space" with the relaxing feelings it entails four you ABs and which totally escape me. I've experimented with babyish paraphernalia, but they just aren't my thing and I guess I might need to accept that.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I read the title and suddenly I broke out in an "Ooga-chaka-ooga-ooga!" riff, LOL...my humor is returning! 🥳
Sounds like you may be getting hooked on a feeling.......... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Rainbow
Cottontail said:
Well, I like 'em, and the snaps make the fit easy to adjust if/when you need to do that. As for the insert pads, I can't review them, as I don't have any. I have such a stupid stash of cloth baby diapers (prefolds) that I just stuff the pockets with those. The "stuffable briefs" have a narrower crotch and all-around smaller pocket than the "pocket diapers." Being totally real: I only expect to get one full wetting into the stuffable briefs, and then I swap the padding out. Think training pants. They're quite comfortable as underwear without any padding, too, as are the larger pocket diapers. The lining is very soft and the fit is nice and trim--with the right snap positions, of course. The exterior is also very soft and quiet under clothing.

For function, I do prefer the pocket diapers, which can easily accommodate 2-3 toddler prefolds. They can be made pretty thirsty.

I haven't gone hiking and/or pooped in them yet, though I expect they'd be good for that. For me, they're just a great around-the-house diapering option. I work at home, and have over 200 prefolds, so I'll sometimes go all day in one pocket and just keep swapping the padding. The leg cuffs do eventually moisten, though, so ... eventually I'll reach for a dry pocket.
The stuff able briefs honestly sound perfect. Alright, I'm going to have to really think about this. I also need to figure out what to do with all of my adult diapers (I bought like 80 from Northshore lol -- that lasted me a year last time I did it, but now I of course understand that it's just not for me. I also have some goodnites that simply don't fit😅).

Thank you so much for this recommendation! This might be my last try at an ABDL "diaper-esque" thing (other than the big boy briefs I bought from BigTot).

• Love
RainbowConnection said:
I kinda wish I liked diapers. Reading some of the posts here, the feelings you guys get, the comfort, the warmth... I suppose I wish I felt the same way. It just seems nice. Diapers for me are, unfortunately, somewhat uncomfortable. I always end up feeling congested and restricted, and they never feel like I want them to. No matter how tight or loose I adjust it, no matter what I try -- it just never feels right to me. I like their function and the security they claim to provide (especially for my primary interest), but I can never truly feel that way about them. They just... aren't my thing, and I guess I might need to accept that.

Maybe I also struggle with feeling like an imposter here, sometimes. I don't know. Maybe it's silly to wish I felt certain ways about certain things when I simply cannot and do not.
You belong here. Don't go, okay? We happen to like you...a lot.

There's a lot of common stuff about wearing diapers that we love and closely embrace, and above that we have our own individual likes about 'em...and not everyone enjoys wearing diapers like we do. But, if ya like other little or baby stuff more, that's okay, too. Not all of us dig the baby/little life but some of us do...I really do!

I'm not gonna use the phrase "You do you" as it sounds too dismissive, tacky and condescending...but do be yourself. Express! Do what you love! Live! 🥰🤗🥳🧸🍼

DiaperVapor said:
Sounds like you may be getting hooked on a feeling.......... ;)

Too late! *swings her very-snugly-, very-thickly-Pampered bottom to the beat* 🤭🥰🤗🧸

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperVapor, Rainbow and Cottontail
RainbowConnection said:
Thank you so much for this recommendation! This might be my last try at an ABDL "diaper-esque" thing (other than the big boy briefs I bought from BigTot).
If you try them, I trust we can expect a review from your unique perspective.

I'm wearing one of the larger pocket diapers right now, stuffed with two toddler prefolds. Morning coffee should be finishing its journey soon. ;)

There are lots of other "diaper-esque" things to try if you end up with these, don't like them, and still feel adventurous. It's amusing to think about training pants as a way to diaper-train yourself (in the sense of becoming acclimated to wearing diapers), but that's another route. Baby Pants, Rearz, Changing Times, and one or two other places sell vintage-style ABDL cloth training pants, in various cute prints. Baby Pants offers two different thicknesses as well, so if you really want to go slowly, there's the lightly padded "Almost a Big Kid" pant. I know a few people here (like dogboy) have said that they use these thinner trainers as their everyday, out-and-about underwear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainbow and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
If you try them, I trust we can expect a review from your unique perspective.

I'm wearing one of the larger pocket diapers right now, stuffed with two toddler prefolds. Morning coffee should be finishing its journey soon. ;)

There are lots of other "diaper-esque" things to try if you end up with these, don't like them, and still feel adventurous. It's amusing to think about training pants as a way to diaper-train yourself (in the sense of becoming acclimated to wearing diapers), but that's another route. Baby Pants, Rearz, Changing Times, and one or two other places sell vintage-style ABDL cloth training pants, in various cute prints. Baby Pants offers two different thicknesses as well, so if you really want to go slowly, there's the lightly padded "Almost a Big Kid" pant. I know a few people here (like dogboy) have said that they use these thinner trainers as their everyday, out-and-about underwear.
Ahhh, so many choices!! I have no idea what to try... The other training pants look nice, and they seem like they'd be comfy... But I've never seen anything like those stuffable briefs before. I kinda like how customizable they can be. Ooh jeez, I'm so bad at decision-making. I like the idea of messing in the training pants that the other companies sell (maybe because of the cute prints and the permanent padding?), but the stuffable briefs might be that comforting/ secure feeling I like about diapers rolled into one... gah, I don't know! I'll have to think about it. Thank you so much for your help; this is all very fascinating.

Back