Does anyone have a hobby outside of abdl?

Forced said:
‘Cake on me’ (The messy baby mix)?
lol, maybe i should rewrite the lyrics of the song...

Kayleigh said:
I’m into music so I am curious how you “recreate “ them. Do you record all the parts playing them yourself? What software do you use and what instruments do you use for recreating them?
The very first thing that comes with recreating a song is transcribing it. You don't have to perfectly transcribe the song in order to move on, but it is helpful in getting it right so that you can dial it in super accurately later. Then comes finding the general instrument, ex. THAT's a piano or THAT's a viola vs. a violin. Then comes researching what instruments were used in the era of making the song, given you can't search up what the artist used. Some songs are MASSIVELY more difficult to find exactly what instrument was used. What helps is knowing the small differences in sound between different synths, or knowing famous presets. (I just listened to We Like to Party earlier and realized it had TR-909 drums, M1 E.Organ for the bass, and JV-1080 pizzicato.) The hardest part, which definitely takes the longest, is dialing in the settings on every instrument so that they sound exactly like the original. What makes it even harder is when the instrument used doesn't use/have presets, so you have to basically guess and check until it sounds right.

Recreating a song is basically the final boss of knowing a song. You have to have a good ear, music theory knowledge, sound design skills, refined analysis techniques, and a lot of time to figure everything out. It's a big puzzle.

I have been working on Take On Me on and off for over 3 years now.

Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPulpo and AlisterTheGreat
AlisterTheGreat said:
Hello I am Alister, or Ali for short, I love to make stuff when I am not in a little space frame of mind. It can be completely random and something to just pass the time. One day I made a very simple shelf to keep my diapers organized in my closet out of random old furniture I took apart.

I would love to hear about things others do for fun 😉
When Im not in my little space I have a good size model railroad. I quit smoking 10 years ago and put the money towards that. Best thing I ever did!
Long drives! I love to drive and explore new places! 😁

Reactions: Tommy10 and littlemoosey
I'm a writer. I studied English and Writing at University and also took part in a voluntary Creative Writing club. I do fanfiction and random stories. I also like adult colouring books and baking!

ronnieM said:
I have been working on Take On Me on and off for over 3 years now
Kazoink!
I was imagining something like,
😁

Reactions: ARBBB2
Gardening, canning, cooking, coin collection, Latch hook rugs, and still dream of rebuilding my model railroad.

Reactions: SAPexpanded and PaddedMewtwo
im make music, make video games, play video games, watch anime,. the usual nerdy stuff.

Reactions: Lyokodl, Kittyinpink and PaddedMewtwo
I have been trying lots of creative stuff
. Piano. Photography. Cookery. But I feel I have failed those.. I have recently discovered a wonderful medium for me.. a weird art where I sketch out my impression of photographs using crayons , charcoal and pastels.. it's a bit like Edward munch , and fun because I get to squish my thumbs across the paper and make interesting surreal images..

Reactions: surprise35
BDJM1973 said:
When Im not in my little space I have a good size model railroad. I quit smoking 10 years ago and put the money towards that. Best thing I ever did!
Long drives! I love to drive and explore new places! 😁
What scale trains do you have and would you like to show us some pictures of your trains?!

DaddysLittleMermaid said:
I'm a writer. I studied English and Writing at University and also took part in a voluntary Creative Writing club. I do fanfiction and random stories. I also like adult colouring books and baking!
Adult coloring books?

My hobbies are building computers, cycling, and doing handyman work for people. Oh yeah, I love repairing cars as well. It is a lot of fun when you have the right tools!

Reactions: AComputerGuy and Angelapinks
Gardening, playing with my cats, houseplants, photography,

Reactions: Angelapinks, Kittyinpink and PaddedMewtwo
I did model trains when I was in high school. Now I enjoy writing stories. I also am learning and memorizing a number of the famous Romantic piano pieces and I play in a rock band.

AlisterTheGreat said:
Hello I am Alister, or Ali for short, I love to make stuff when I am not in a little space frame of mind. It can be completely random and something to just pass the time. One day I made a very simple shelf to keep my diapers organized in my closet out of random old furniture I took apart.

I would love to hear about things others do for fun 😉
Yes I am a court jester at Renaissance festival it's not year round but it's a hobby

Skating, anime, writing, reading, some casual games like PvZ, reading webtoons, taking long walks, and just generally being a edgy lady

Reactions: Lyokodl, surprise35 and ThePaddedTurtle
I sometimes read fan fiction (mostly My Little Pony-related). I don’t write much fan fiction (so far nothing more than a chapter in length). At the moment, I have no other non-Abdl hobbies.

Lots of interests.
Skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, free diving, SCUBA, sailing, kayaking, hiking, camping, biking, basketball, soccer, ultimate, tennis, table tennis, board games, pc games, console games, pc building, legos, drones, reading, writing, traveling, photography, painting, baking, movies, theater, concerts, music, drums, and poetry. I do all of that in my infinite free time when I'm not working 50 hours a week and spending time with my family :)

One last thing...I do not consider ABDL a hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: surprise35 and ThePaddedTurtle
Playing video games (mostly retro Nintendo lol), writing, reading, playing make-believe in my head while music blares in my ears (I'm weird and I own it), drawing with these cool ink pens I bought, collecting way too many plush animals, singing, writing music, sometimes exercising, and hiking.

Wow, I like all that stuff? I guess I've never sat down and thought about it before...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyokodl and ThePaddedTurtle
Dug out my rock, mineral and gemstones collection the other day because l was given an old display cabinet off a relative.
I've now come to realize its a lot of hardcore with only a few good specimens! Buying beautiful specimens is going to be expensive!
Love my trains too! Before l was put on meds l was regular Heritage Railway Permanent way (MOW) volunteer track worker.
I am also a hobby scrapper and was out tho morning getting load together from a friends workshop clear out.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
Many but off-grid power is my current obsession, I've solar panels, a huge lithium battery bank and a Listeroid engine all done on the cheep.

Back