What are your thoughts on the vaccine?

sinceiwassmall said:
Not good enough. Not moral, not informed and not adult.

You might just as well say: “If you wish to respect red lights, do so. If you don’t wish to, don’t.”

This isn’t just about you. It’s about the risk you as an unvaccinated person in a worst-in-a-century pandemic pose to everyone around you — including your family, your friends and neighbours (and me, and mine). It’s not some meaningless preference. It’s life and death.
If you believe I am going to possibly kill someone, then I can assume you are 100% against abortion which certainly kills someone. If you believe abortion is okay, I'll counter with the classic argument in its support "my body, my choice." If everyone around me is vaccinated, I cannot harm them. If they are not vaccinated, they are willing to assume the same risk I'm willing to assume. BTW, I'm quite moral, am informed, and quite adult. As I mentioned, shaming does no good so don't go there. I'm way past caring what anyone other than my wife and family think. Your red light analogy simply is apple to oranges. Go make a fruit salad with it.

• Haha
Reactions: KKC1977, AtPeace and tiny
Peesalot said:
If you believe I am going to possibly kill someone, then I can assume you are 100% against abortion which certainly kills someone. If you believe abortion is okay, I'll counter with the classic argument in its support "my body, my choice." If everyone around me is vaccinated, I cannot harm them. If they are not vaccinated, they are willing to assume the same risk I'm willing to assume. BTW, I'm quite moral, am informed, and quite adult. As I mentioned, shaming does no good so don't go there. I'm way past caring what anyone other than my wife and family think. Your red light analogy simply is apple to oranges. Go make a fruit salad with it.
I don’t believe in forcing the vaccine on people. I do believe in restricting what you can do if you haven’t taken it,

Putting others at risk is not a right, and society has a responsibility to protect itself from people who significantly endanger others.

The vaccine greatly reduces risks for those who have taken it. It does not eliminate them. Vaccinated people can still get ill, be hospitalized and some will die. As of this point in the pandemic, that will be mostly because unvaccinated people like you are continuing to spread the virus.

You are also the breeding ground for increasingly divergent and dangerous variants. The Delta variant could not be spreading across the United States right now if people like you were already vaccinated. The pandemic would be affectively over there.

The next variants, including the “E” variant already in spread, may be worse. If people like you allow the pandemic to continue it is a near inevitability that a variant resistant to the vaccines will bring back the worst of what we have had and endanger everyone including the already vaccinated.

You are not informed, and I will bluntly say that you are not psychologically adult. You are doing what you are doing in fully conscious defiance of every reputable scientific and medical organization in the US and the world, based on disinformation spread by sources any informed adult knows are not worthy of trust.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tiny, Sheepies and ThePaddedTurtle
how long do you think this pandemic will last?

Reactions: HopeRh33
landingxray said:
how long do you think this pandemic will last?
That depends entirely on the vaccination rate. It would already be effectively over if enough people were vaccinated.

As long as Covid continues to spread and mutate at current rates we will have to live with some kinds of rules and restrictions indefinitely. Worse than that, we will continue to see new mutations — any of which could bring back the kind of full-scale shutdowns, crisis and death we have already seen.

I wonder if people know that the D (Delta) variant is so much more dangerous (and dominant now) because its viral load if you’re infected is up to 1,000 times greater than previous forms of Covid. Picture a next variant that spreads as easily as Delta and is resistant to the vaccines.

If people continue to spread not just the virus but truly indefensible politicizations and conspiracy theories instead of facts and science, it’s not a question of if but when this will happen.

Reactions: Sheepies and ThePaddedTurtle
The vaccine is starting to make me feel like shit. Sore, headache, possibly a fever, coughing. I hope this passes soon.

Beowulf said:
The vaccine is starting to make me feel like shit. Sore, headache, possibly a fever, coughing. I hope this passes soon.
I really truly appreciate and cheer your choice to take it @Beowulf. All the symptoms are your body learning to do what it needs to do if you encounter actual Covid: fight it.

I had very mild symptoms from my first shot and worse than average from my second, That’s still only meant about three days of feeling kind of crappy. On each of those days I was counting down the time until I can go see my frail and vulnerable father for the first time in over 16 months.

• Love
Reactions: tiny and ThePaddedTurtle
sinceiwassmall said:
That did not happen. Stories of that sort collapse on investigation the same way lies about election fraud did. They were “it happened to a friend of a friend” level tales shared by an echo chamber of misinformation. Ask the nurses who provided the actual care what they think of those stories.

The universal agreement in the scientific community is that Covid has been substantially underreported, not over-reported.
I will have to agree to dis agree. I still believe It was blown some what out of proportion. That said it was and is a deadly virus far worse than the spicy flu it was referred to by some. I wish ever one would be smart enough to take the vaccine. But wish in one hand shit in the other and see what fills up first. That's what my daddy use to tell me. Just because I feel it was blamed for everything. It was made as a excuse for far to many people. I can certainly appreciate that it could be a very deadly out come for anyone depending on to many circumstances to just say the old or unhealthy people and that's why I vaccinated and think everyone should. I took the one my doctor told me to go do and was the same one he took. No regrets

Beowulf said:
Thank you for doing your part. I had a mild headache and my arm hurt with in about 2 or 3 hours it was pretty sore but nothing to bad I couldn't use it or nothing. I did feel a little fatigued the day after the first dose. The second I didn't even notice and the arm was not that sore either. A friend of mine had a low fever for a few days after his but he also has a lot of heath issues and is missing half a lung. His spouse was not vaccinated and got it at the 1st of the month exposing me and my wife and him to it but we all had our shots and got nothing. I think you will be Okay. let us know how it goes. Show the haters there is nothing to this. Best of luck to you

Beowulf said:
This is your body's reaction to what it perceives as a viral threat. Your body is acting like you got the virus in that it is creating antibodies and creating conditions that would be hostile to a viral host. The good news? There is no virus in the vaccine! You end up with the spike protein that is on the shell of the virus, which your body attacks and fights off. Because of this, you don't get the attacks on your organs and other major systems that come with the real virus, but you get all of the protection against the real virus since you now have antibodies in your system to fight it off.

You'll have a day (maybe a few) of feeling like you got low-grade flu and then it will be over. Second shot can be harder on your system and drag you down a bit further. Once all is said and done, you've got the added protection that your body knows how to fight this! It is possible to get COVID-19 after being vaccinated, yes, but the reality is that the overwhelming majority of vaccinated people who do get it have symptoms similar to a regular flu and don't get to the point they are hospitalized and facing death. Unlike the yearly flu vaccine, this one is specifically targeted at this viral strain and works impressively well.

As others have said, thank you for stepping up and following the science.

Not really against it but the main reason I'm getting it is just so I can go places without a mask again, I have a part time job and it sucks wearing one for 8 hours at a time

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
Along with the vaccine, I heard several people are taking daily vitamin d. And I heard its the inflammation that kills you from covid because it overwhelms the lungs. So I found this from a collection of thousands of doctors that personally take care of the covid patient in icus. This is a protocol list that they devised. However, it does mention ivermectin but the other supplements looks good like vitamin c, zinc, vitamin d,.......Its a good read but from that I only take the vitamin d since Im already vaccinated.

here is the home page

To be honest we don't know what we don't know. Even the doctors don't entirely know because i don't think they even studied this in medical school. However from trial and error and observation...it seems the vitamin d is a good take away.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've had Covid and test positive for the antibodies.
sinceiwassmall said:
I don’t believe in forcing the vaccine on people. I do believe in restricting what you can do if you haven’t taken it,

The vaccine greatly reduces risks for those who have taken it. It does not eliminate them. Vaccinated people can still get ill, be hospitalized and some will die. As of this point in the pandemic, that will be mostly because unvaccinated people like you are continuing to spread the virus.

You are not informed, and I will bluntly say that you are not psychologically adult. You are doing what you are doing in fully conscious defiance of every reputable scientific and medical organization in the US and the world, based on disinformation spread by sources any informed adult knows are not worthy of trust.
1. I restrict myself when appropriate. BTW, just who is it that gets to tell me what it is I can and cannot do besides my wife?
2. I have not spread it to anyone; but, someone spread it to me.
3. Your opinion is your opinion and not at all factual. And, I am not defiantly resisting the vaccine because of any disinformation, or information, spread by any sources. Quite honestly, I don't pay much attention to either side of the argument as it is of no consequence to me. In my 75 years I have had 3 vaccinations and all while in the military because I had no choice. I did NOT as a child have the polio vaccine or the small pox vaccine as was routinely given to all children of my era. I do not get the flu shot (vaccine) every year and I've not had the pneumonia vaccine as is suggested for people my age.

What I hate most of all are people who think they know everything when they really don't. This is the end of my part of this discussion unless I believe I am being personally attacked again.

At this time I have NOT had the covid vaccine, honestly i wasn’t going to get one. That was before last week…. Back story, i had double coronary bypass on 6/9. This last week i had been noticing i had a cough that was not getting better, fever, headache, BP too high, pulse too high, O2 saturation was dropping and coming back up, and i just felt like crap. Wednesday was to be my first day back to work, couldn’t even make it a whole day. Thursday i called off work and went to the Emergency room. With those above symptoms you know where they went. I was put in an isolation room, all staff that entered had respirators on, got a covid swab and had to wait for results for that and about 40 other lab tests… 3 hours later it is pneumonia.

Once i kick this and am feeling better, i think i will get the covid vaccine. Thursday was too scary for me. However it has to be the way i want it done. I am NOT going to a grocery store pharmacy, or some drive-thru site. I want to have it done and i be monitored for reactions, as i do have some strange allergies to stuff in medicines

Sethers said:
Not really against it but the main reason I'm getting it is just so I can go places without a mask again, I have a part time job and it sucks wearing one for 8 hours at a time
But you sucked it up and did what needs to be done. I don't think you won't regret it but I promise if you do you won't be regretting it alone. I am proud of you for making the world safer

I am not taking the vaccination period

diapernh said:
At this time I have NOT had the covid vaccine, honestly i wasn’t going to get one. That was before last week…. Back story, i had double coronary bypass on 6/9. This last week i had been noticing i had a cough that was not getting better, fever, headache, BP too high, pulse too high, O2 saturation was dropping and coming back up, and i just felt like crap. Wednesday was to be my first day back to work, couldn’t even make it a whole day. Thursday i called off work and went to the Emergency room. With those above symptoms you know where they went. I was put in an isolation room, all staff that entered had respirators on, got a covid swab and had to wait for results for that and about 40 other lab tests… 3 hours later it is pneumonia.

Once i kick this and am feeling better, i think i will get the covid vaccine. Thursday was too scary for me. However it has to be the way i want it done. I am NOT going to a grocery store pharmacy, or some drive-thru site. I want to have it done and i be monitored for reactions, as i do have some strange allergies to stuff in medicines
I had mine done the first was at a church. But it was done by my local pharmacy they just did not have the room at their store front so they used a church. But the local fire department had a ambulance on seen the whole time you was there and you had to stay the 20min after the shot. the second shot they did at a building at the hospital grounds that was across the street from there pharmacy. But the pharmacist did the shot. So you might look at some of theses pop up sites I am sure my small town is not the first to offer up EMS to be present. This made since to me because I had been trading with them for years and who knows my medical history better than the guy filling my pills every month. But either way I think your piece of mind will be a lot more under control when you have them both done and are vaccinated.

KKC1977 said:
I am not taking the vaccination period
You know I wont judge you and if I new you in person i would treat you no different. But I hope you will revisit the idea of taking it some time soon. To be honest I think you are making a huge mistake putting yourself and loved ones at risk. But this is America and you have that right and that means a lot to me too. But I do think you are making a decision without all considering all the variables. I really hope it works out for you and you don't regret it. But blame yourself if you get it or worse give it to someone else especially that person is someone you love with a comprised system. You can trade all that worry for a sore arm and maybe a light headache right now today. But honest to god please reconsider after there is more data if you must because you are human and your life matters to. Best of luck to you. Please don't hate on the people that have taken it that just want this part of life to go away.

Diaperman95 said:
You know I wont judge you and if I new you in person i would treat you no different. But I hope you will revisit the idea of taking it some time soon. To be honest I think you are making a huge mistake putting yourself and loved ones at risk. But this is America and you have that right and that means a lot to me too. But I do think you are making a decision without all considering all the variables. I really hope it works out for you and you don't regret it. But blame yourself if you get it or worse give it to someone else especially that person is someone you love with a comprised system. You can trade all that worry for a sore arm and maybe a light headache right now today. But honest to god please reconsider after there is more data if you must because you are human and your life matters to. Best of luck to you. Please don't hate on the people that have taken it that just want this part of life to go away.
Thank you no reconsideration is necessary. I refuse and will not take the “sheep” shot. Period end of discussion period.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedMikey
Two things:
It is un-American and rather undignified to let others coerce you into making a decision.

And fear mongering is not informing the public.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedMikey, dous and KKC1977
AtPeace said:
Two things:
It is un-American and rather undignified to let others coerce you into making a decision.

And fear mongering is not informing the public.
Thank you

Back