Tykables B grade diapers

PaddedBass

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am looking into buying a case of the B grade diapers from Tykables. Before I pull the trigger on them I wanted to see if anyone had purchased them and what their experience was.

How bad were the defects?
Were they just misaligned prints or a crooked landing strip?
Were they more serious like missing tapes or things that will effect it’s usability?

Reactions: KrankyPants, TigerDL and Lumos
What's a B grade Tykables diaper? Is it a new brand? As far as I'm concerned, all Tykables are grade A's

Antientmariner said:
What's a B grade Tykables diaper? Is it a new brand? As far as I'm concerned, all Tykables are grade A's
B grade diapers, according to the website are just diapers that are a little off. Like the print is off center or something.

I've never gotten them though so can't say exactly what's wrong with them.

For the most part they do seem to have only mostly slight flaws that probably don't affect their quality much...however I know someone that got some and the defect was that instead of having 2 tapes per side, they had one tape per side (were missing the top 2 tapes) so that has me a little bit weary of their B grade. I mean, that's like D grade imo and I feel that's being generous 😅

As mentioned above, i was put off by the prospect of missing tapes!!

I've had some Tykables B' Grade Camelots from NRU, and honestly i couldn't tell what was wrong with them.

● All 4 tapes (all sticky and worked)
● No leaks so wasnt like backing was damaged
● To the untrained eye landing zone pattern didnt stand out as wrong
● could still take its max ×××ml capacity

Its like someone at Tykables wants to sell same diapers just cheaper :D

Reactions: Whatsthatsmell
NabePup said:
For the most part they do seem to have only mostly slight flaws that probably don't affect their quality much...however I know someone that got some and the defect was that instead of having 2 tapes per side, they had one tape per side (were missing the top 2 tapes) so that has me a little bit weary of their B grade. I mean, that's like D grade imo and I feel that's being generous 😅
MattDLJ said:
As mentioned above, i was put off by the prospect of missing tapes!!

If you get a diaper, B grade or not, from Tykables and a tape is missing contact us, we would replace that. B grade diapers are functionally fine and should be limited to cosmetic imperfections and adjustments to fills etc. Functionally B grade diapers work like regular A grade production products.

ComfyNappies171 said:
I've had some Tykables B' Grade Camelots from NRU, and honestly i couldn't tell what was wrong with them.

● All 4 tapes (all sticky and worked)
● No leaks so wasnt like backing was damaged
● To the untrained eye landing zone pattern didnt stand out as wrong
● could still take its max ×××ml capacity

Its like someone at Tykables wants to sell same diapers just cheaper :D

Well actually yes. It is cheaper for the factory to just sell them to us at a lower price knowing they might not be perfect and not just throw them out and waste money. With this agreement it also keeps the cost to the factory down in the long run. B grade are generally one of two main reasons. Either they happen when you are making adjustments to products as they are being made or refilling things like changing from one roll of backsheet to another or adding a new roll of landing zones etc. For the most part the real problem diapers are taken out but the products right before and right after are called B grade because they are technically good functionally but there might be something slightly off with either print alignment or something like that; but it doesn't mean there is something wrong with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, ManeWulf, PupSpaz and 8 others
todaler said:
If you get a diaper, B grade or not, from Tykables and a tape is missing contact us, we would replace that. B grade diapers are functionally fine and should be limited to cosmetic imperfections and adjustments to fills etc. Functionally B grade diapers work like regular A grade production products.

Well actually yes. It is cheaper for the factory to just sell them to us at a lower price knowing they might not be perfect and not just throw them out and waste money. With this agreement it also keeps the cost to the factory down in the long run. B grade are generally one of two main reasons. Either they happen when you are making adjustments to products as they are being made or refilling things like changing from one roll of backsheet to another or adding a new roll of landing zones etc. For the most part the real problem diapers are taken out but the products right before and right after are called B grade because they are technically good functionally but there might be something slightly off with either print alignment or something like that; but it doesn't mean there is something wrong with them.
Personally I love this concept. It’s great to know that these useable products are not just being thrown out and wasted.

Wow! Thanks, @todaler! I feel much more confident ordering some B grades now.

Reactions: KrankyPants, todaler and PaddedBass
I bought some B grade camelots and they've been fine for me, cheaper but still great.

Reactions: perlFerret
todaler said:

I have placed an order and I am very impressed with the B grade diaper. Sometimes in the manufacturing world they call these items odd lot diapers or odd lot products. I have gone through one package and there were no issues. Now that doesn't mean the next package will be the same. However, they're a very nice thick diaper and able to use them for about 5 to 6 hours. Good job, Tykables.

how do you get B grade diapers?

Reactions: mark58
Antientmariner said:
how do you get B grade diapers?
Look at the Tykables web site. They have a specific section for B Grade diapers. Please let me know if you can't locate the section. I would hate to see anyone who would experience not having a B Grade diaper.

mark58 said:
Look at the Tykables web site. They have a specific section for B Grade diapers. Please let me know if you can't locate the section. I would hate to see anyone who would experience not having a B Grade diaper.
searched for it. wow, how cheap they are! I can't buy any diapers rn, but I'm going to definitely buy some 1st chance I get

Reactions: mark58 and perlFerret
NabePup said:
Yikes! For the price of B grade diapers only being slightly less, that's a huge flaw

Sheepies said:
Yikes! For the price of B grade diapers only being slightly less, that's a huge flaw
I've not noticed anything different with mine. I mean this was the first time buying these, but still had the 4 tapes and still work perfectly.

I would say for fans of diapers, tapes are an extremely important, if not the most important, part of the build. A diaper without functioning tapes can't function at all, so it makes sense Tykables would just toss those away, or try.

Sheepies said:
AS stated above If you get a diaper, B grade or not, from Tykables and a tape is missing contact us, we would replace that. B grade diapers are functionally fine and should be limited to cosmetic imperfections and adjustments to fills etc. Functionally B grade diapers work like regular A grade production products.

Reactions: PaddedBass
Just ordered some B grade unicorns! If I'm going to be working six day weeks for a while, I need my beauty sleep, or I'm going to be one cranky baby.

Back