Photshop/image guru's....need some help!(diaper tapes)

SecretlyABDL94 said:
Nice! Do you know how to sew?

I does.. and what I'm unsure of, I use the all knowing google machine.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
quartz200420012 said:
I was wondering if anyone can take the following image and kinda clean up the areas outside the tape zone? My goal is that you could have a printable version of this tape design.

Can anyone help? The file is to large to be uploaded to the forums. If the link doesn't work you can PM me and I'll email you the original.

LINK...
OP, I cannot believe I just found this thread... I was just about to do the same thing for this exact diaper (the 1987 Kleenex Huggies "Thick" version)!!!

Thank you for doing literally exactly what I was about to do... I still can't believe this!

1.jpg

There's a picture of me as a baby wearing this exact diaper on the porch of our home... this old diaper is a very special one to me.

So huge props to SecretlyABDL94!!! Awesome work on this vector below!!!
SecretlyABDL94 said:
So @quartz200420012 I sent you a DM but in case you didn't see it here it is! TA-DA! I could've totally fixed it in Photoshop but it'd still be a low quality picture. That's why I went a step further and redrew it as a beautiful clean high quality vector image in Illustrator! That way you'll have the best looking Diaper Tape from that design as you possibly can! I majored in Graphic Design so, this was no problem for me! What Diaper was this from anyway?
View attachment 56796

SecretlyABDL94, would you be able to provide the Saturn-looking planets? I just scanned these in @ 300 DPI. This design is barely clipped off on Huggies' part. Would be AMAZING to have the full design!!!! & as if this isn't enough, would you also be kind enough to please provide the vector file?

Here's the scan that shows the planets:
Dscan_cropped.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheHappyNappyBum, pdiapered, littledreamers333 and 3 others
Boyhood said:
OP, I cannot believe I just found this thread... I was just about to do the same thing for this exact diaper (the 1987 Kleenex Huggies "Thick" version)!!!

Thank you for doing literally exactly what I was about to do... I still can't believe this!

View attachment 57335

There's a picture of me as a baby wearing this exact diaper on the porch of our home... this old diaper is a very special one to me.

So huge props to SecretlyABDL94!!! Awesome work on this vector below!!!

SecretlyABDL94, would you be able to provide the Saturn-looking planets? I just scanned these in @ 300 DPI. This design is barely clipped off on Huggies' part. Would be AMAZING to have the full design!!!! & as if this isn't enough, would you also be kind enough to please provide the vector file?

Here's the scan that shows the planets:
View attachment 57340
Thank you glad I could help you too. Yes I can totally do the Saturn planets and provide the vectors as well.

Reactions: Boyhood and WillFord384
Why is that one star peeing on the other two stars? How rude! Put that star in a diaper.

• Haha
Reactions: Boyhood, ABDElsa and WillFord384
Alright @Boyhood here ya go! High Quality JPGs! ADISC won't let me send the vectors though so, if you DM me your email I can send them that way. You'll need Adobe Illustrator to open them though just an FYI. @quartz200420012 feel free to use the Saturn one for yourself too to give your Diapers a bit of variety.

Attachments

• SaturnDT.jpg
    SaturnDT.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 85
  • SunnyDT.jpg
    SunnyDT.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Love
Reactions: Boyhood, Jayden123 and WillFord384
SecretlyABDL94 said:
Alright @Boyhood here ya go! High Quality JPGs! ADISC won't let me send the vectors though so, if you DM me your email I can send them that way. You'll need Adobe Illustrator to open them though just an FYI. @quartz200420012 feel free to use the Saturn one for yourself too to give your Diapers a bit of variety.
INCOMING DM.

Last edited:
I noticed something in the pattern and I couldn't help myself. So I stole @SecretlyABDL94 's artwork (hope you don't mind or I or a mod can remove it if you want) and came up with this. The original design must have been cut from a much wider tape than what was put on the diapers. It can be printed borderless on an 8.5 x 11 printable adhesive backed vinyl sheet and will net you three tapes. Cover it with some clear packing tape and you have the perfect diaper tape.

• Love
Reactions: Jayden123, ABDElsa, WillFord384 and 1 other person
Joediaper said:
I noticed something in the pattern and I couldn't help myself. So I stole @SecretlyABDL94 's artwork (hope you don't mind or I or a mod can remove it if you want) and came up with this. The original design must have been cut from a much wider tape than what was put on the diapers. It can be printed borderless on an 8.5 x 11 printable adhesive backed vinyl sheet and will net you three tapes. Cover it with some clear packing tape and you have the perfect diaper tape.

I noticed that too. They are 1 design but cut in half to make 2 Diaper Tapes for the Huggies. Ergo 2 different designs. But yeah I thought nothing of it when I did the sunny one but when I did the Saturn one it all came together. The stars at the bottom of the Sunny are part of the Saturn and the top of the Saturn is part of the Sunny. They must have printed too tall for Baby Diapers so they cut them in half before applying them. Are you a vector artist too? Is that how you combined them?

Last edited:
SecretlyABDL94 said:
Are you a vector artist too? Is that how you combined them?
I'm no vector artist. Never really figured out how to use or create them mostly because I haven't had to. What you see is a lot of cutting and pasting with multiple layers and quite a bit of brush work to combine them. I also altered the saturation and hue a bit and recolored the clouds to the original color. It took me about an hour to complete one then I pasted three of them on a very large canvas with the correct aspect ratio for a standard sheet of paper.

• Love
Reactions: Boyhood, WillFord384 and ABDElsa
Joediaper said:
I'm no vector artist. Never really figured out how to use or create them mostly because I haven't had to. What you see is a lot of cutting and pasting with multiple layers and quite a bit of brush work to combine them. I also altered the saturation and hue a bit and recolored the clouds to the original color. It took me about an hour to complete one then I pasted three of them on a very large canvas with the correct aspect ratio for a standard sheet of paper.
I see. Well still good job! I might use some of these myself! But I like variety so, I think I'll make one Diaper Sunny, the other one Saturn. I hope @quartz200420012 and @Boyhood are happy and like them though because they're the ones that wanted them the most! We'll have to see if they want them all the same or if they want Sunny and Saturn seperate.

SecretlyABDL94 said:
These are perfect! We need more threads dedicated to print replication.

• Love
Reactions: Boyhood and ABDElsa
Jayden123 said:
These are perfect! We need more threads dedicated to print replication.
Thank you! Yes we do!

SecretlyABDL94 said:
SecretlyABDL94, these are FANTASTIC! Thank you SO MUCH for your work on this! For the benefit of everyone, could you upload your two vectors to a free file sharing service? I've used https://www.filedropper.com many times... no signup required, just upload and share the links! It should accept any format (AI, SVG, EPS, etc).

Joediaper said:

Again, someone is always one step ahead of what I was about to do by piecing this together... Thanks so much Joediaper! We've got a good team here... :) I also have a degree in graphic design. Proud of you two! After printing out the first draft, I agree the colors needed to be a little bolder-- they were just a little bit faint. Joediaper, I am being a little particular when l also notice a very tiny amount of vertical distortion on your fitting them onto Letter. Perhaps this vertical scale was necessary to maintain the contents without cropping?

Maybe I can barely improve it? The JPG is high enough resolution but also a lossy raster format. I'll take a shot at this once I get the vector artwork! The best end product would be to have seamless vector graphics embedded into a letter-sized PDF with minimal (e.g. half-inch) margins. Possibly tiny crop marks on the outside to assist with cutting. There could even be another document for Sunny vs. Saturn, which could be provided in the same PDF on a second page.

As Joediaper said, if this is printed onto adhesive-backed vinyl (often termed "vinyl sticker paper"), the application is very easy. I've been buying a couple variants of this on Amazon. These vinyl papers come in either Polypropylene (PP) or Polyethylene (PET) plastic on either Matte or Glossy finishes. No Scotch packaging tape should be necessary over the top. The landing zone on this original diaper in particular is actually Matte unlike many baby diaper landing zones, and I've tested some matte vinyl paper already.... Bambino Bianco tapes adhere to it well. But I am also going to purchase some PP vinyl in a glossy finish and see how that goes... might actually prefer that texture more!

Thank you guys for your help and collaboration on such a fun project! (y):p

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheHappyNappyBum, WillFord384 and ABDElsa
Boyhood said:
SecretlyABDL94, these are FANTASTIC! Thank you SO MUCH for your work on this! For the benefit of everyone, could you upload your two vectors to a free file sharing service? I've used https://www.filedropper.com many times... no signup required, just upload and share the links! It should accept any format (AI, SVG, EPS, etc).

Again, someone is always one step ahead of what I was about to do by piecing this together... Thanks so much Joediaper! We've got a good team here... :) I also have a degree in graphic design. Proud of you two! After printing out the first draft, I agree the colors needed to be a little bolder-- they were just a little bit faint. Joediaper, I am being a little particular when l also notice a very tiny amount of vertical distortion on your fitting them onto Letter. Perhaps this vertical scale was necessary to maintain the contents without cropping?

Maybe I can barely improve it? The JPG is high enough resolution but also a lossy raster format. I'll take a shot at this once I get the vector artwork! The best end product would be to have seamless vector graphics embedded into a letter-sized PDF with minimal (e.g. half-inch) margins. Possibly tiny crop marks on the outside to assist with cutting. There could even be another document for Sunny vs. Saturn, which could be provided in the same PDF on a second page.

As Joediaper said, if this is printed onto adhesive-backed vinyl (often termed "vinyl sticker paper"), the application is very easy. I've been buying a couple variants of this on Amazon. These vinyl papers come in either Polypropylene (PP) or Polyethylene (PET) plastic on either Matte or Glossy finishes. No Scotch packaging tape should be necessary over the top. The landing zone on this original diaper in particular is actually Matte unlike many baby diaper landing zones, and I've tested some matte vinyl paper already.... Bambino Bianco tapes adhere to it well. But I am also going to purchase some PP vinyl in a glossy finish and see how that goes... might actually prefer that texture more!

Thank you guys for your help and collaboration on such a fun project! (y):p
I was happy to help! Thank you for all your wonderful compliments I had so much fun with this! I plan on using some of these myself too! Here are the links to the vectors via File Dropper. I can't wait to see what you can do with the Vectors @Boyhood
Saturn
Sunny

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Boyhood and WillFord384
SecretlyABDL94 said:
I was happy to help! Thank you for all your wonderful compliments I had so much fun with this! I plan on using some of these myself too! Here are the links to the vectors via File Dropper. I can't wait to see what you can do with the Vectors @Boyhood
Saturn
Sunny
Alright awesome! :) I'm done! So I have three of these diapers and scanned in a couple more of them to get some closer templates to work with... each are different themes (Sunny / Saturn / or even in-between)... so it must have been either an error on Huggies part or intended to be just randomized. Maybe they were going for a daytime & nighttime theme, or didn't care how the vertical cut on the landing zones ended up.

I wanted to make this a seamless pattern just like Huggies originally had them printed, so piecing it together was a little interesting-- the horizontal position appears to shift a bit between themes, so I have two "Sun Centered" groups on the top & bottom and one "Saturn Centered" group in the middle. I widened the pattern about a half-inch on each sides to fit on the letter. Since there is no definite answer to where to vertically crop, I figured I would just merge both themes into one... I think it looks cool!
preview.png
I redid the clouds on the bottom because they were different than on the top, repositioned the stars / planets to better match my new scans, round-capped the star tips, and recolored it (closer but not perfect). Unfortunately my printer is having issues (esp. magenta) so my quick test is not perfect but this is still really awesome! I'm wearing a Bianco right now w/ this design and feel like a kid again! 😍

20210613_083348 (Large).jpg

Attached is the PDF... make sure to select "Actual Size" (or "100%") in the print settings, along with "Best" quality under Setup... Tiny crop marks are provided on each corner and in between to slice them into thirds... much easier/quicker with a paper cutter if you have one!

Thanks again SecretlyABDL94 (& everyone) for your help on this!

Attachments

• Huggies_Kleenex_Thick_1987.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Love
Reactions: pdiapered, Teddy, ABDElsa and 1 other person
Boyhood said:
Alright awesome! :) I'm done! So I have three of these diapers and scanned in a couple more of them to get some closer templates to work with... each are different themes (Sunny / Saturn / or even in-between)... so it must have been either an error on Huggies part or intended to be just randomized. Maybe they were going for a daytime & nighttime theme, or didn't care how the vertical cut on the landing zones ended up.

I wanted to make this a seamless pattern just like Huggies originally had them printed, so piecing it together was a little interesting-- the horizontal position appears to shift a bit between themes, so I have two "Sun Centered" groups on the top & bottom and one "Saturn Centered" group in the middle. I widened the pattern about a half-inch on each sides to fit on the letter. Since there is no definite answer to where to vertically crop, I figured I would just merge both themes into one... I think it looks cool!
View attachment 57503
I redid the clouds on the bottom because they were different than on the top, repositioned the stars / planets to better match my new scans, round-capped the star tips, and recolored it (closer but not perfect). Unfortunately my printer is having issues (esp. magenta) so my quick test is not perfect but this is still really awesome! I'm wearing a Bianco right now w/ this design and feel like a kid again! 😍

View attachment 57504

Attached is the PDF... make sure to select "Actual Size" (or "100%") in the print settings, along with "Best" quality under Setup... Tiny crop marks are provided on each corner and in between to slice them into thirds... much easier/quicker with a paper cutter if you have one!

You're welcome happy to help! Glad you feel like a kid again! That's what ABDL is all about! Great job BTW the Diapers look great! Just like a really big 1987 Huggies...FOR ADULTS! I think Huggies wanted to randomize them to give a bit of variety and/or a daytime and nighttime theme, don't think it was an error. Can't wait to make some of my own! But I need some plain white Diapers first. But all the drawers in my bed where I hide my Diapers are full so, I need to...ahem...use some of them, to make room for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyhood
I hear you SecretlyABDL94! I'm dealing with the same situation but decided to still find room for a case of Biancos while they were on sale recently.

I should probably make a separate thread sometime but am trying out some new scans/designs. Just scanned in three types of the Luvs size 6 w/ Barney if anyone wants some of these... I haven't made them into vector artwork, but they still print great! http://www.filedropper.com/luvsbarney2x3

And some really crappy quality packs of other random stuff, just so I can use up some ink on my old printer before tossing it in the damn dump! At least the magenta is working again.

Just a note: they are pretty much the same size as the originals but I actually like that! I don't know know why more people that grew up with this "frontal landing zone" style aren't reproducing these!

I think they will look way better on Glossy Vinyl paper.... but I need to use up some of this Matte stuff!

Random Pack - 20210614_003154 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and ABDElsa
Boyhood said:
I hear you SecretlyABDL94! I'm dealing with the same situation but decided to still find room for a case of Biancos while they were on sale recently.

I should probably make a separate thread sometime but am trying out some new scans/designs. Just scanned in three types of the Luvs size 6 w/ Barney if anyone wants some of these... I haven't made them into vector artwork, but they still print great! http://www.filedropper.com/luvsbarney2x3

And some really crappy quality packs of other random stuff, just so I can use up some ink on my old printer before tossing it in the damn dump! At least the magenta is working again.

Just a note: they are pretty much the same size as the originals but I actually like that! I don't know know why more people that grew up with this "frontal landing zone" style aren't reproducing these!

I think they will look way better on Glossy Vinyl paper.... but I need to use up some of this Matte stuff!

View attachment 57549
I like these! Nice job!!! Did you scan them from Baby Diapers and size them up, or find them online or what? How did you get such high quality scans/printouts? Wouldn't mind using that Avengers one on a Diaper!

Boyhood said:

View attachment 57503

View attachment 57504

woah....are those diapers the originals? I only have two of them and they're like size 1's I found after years of searching on ebay. I would totally buy a sample off you!

Back