Are Any of You ABDL for no Reason? Let me Explain...

Are You ABDL for no Particular Reason?

• Total voters
The question isn't why we are ABDL. The question is why other people aren't.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and messydiaper
buridan said:
The question isn't why we are ABDL. The question is why other people aren't.
Well, if EVERYONE was - were would we get CGs from?
Or do you expect that to be done by AI androids?

• Wow
Reactions: ABDElsa
Same boat. Just always been into that stuff. Didn't particularly have too bad a childhood. Not great, but I wouldn't say I was abused. Not much as a child at least. And never wet the bed either. I've just always liked it. Visiting family if I knew they had toys I'd make a beeline for them well into my mid teens. Diapers I experimented a little around age 11 and had a long dry gap until 19. Though I tried not to make it obvious around friends and family that I was interested in (and perhaps a bit jealous of) kids/baby stuff

• Love
Reactions: ItsDozinTime, ABDElsa and messydiaper
nwm said:
Switching is a thing!

Reactions: DavidNixon
I can’t say I have any factors for ABDL and I’m about 95% DL/5% AB. It would be a stretch to say anything caused it. Then again, I do have a strong tendency to take responsibility for whatever I happen to be at the moment.

I CAN say I had various reinforcing events that made sure I never “grew out of it”…

Reactions: messydiaper
I was badly bullied at school, and would go back into babyhood in private as a form of escapism. That comfort then intertwined with puberty as I got older and boom!

Last edited:
  • Sad
I'm the same way I have no need for diapers. I was going to a Children's Hospital since I was 7 or 8 years old and I saw kids older than 3 running around in disposable diapers I even had a room mate I say he was 6 years old when I was 12 years old and he was wearing disposable diapers

• Love
Lightstreak2553 said:
I have no idea. I was potty trained at two, no bedwetting to speak of and only a few episodes of daytime accidents at three. I had wonderful parents, a loving family, and no major trauma that I know of. All I know is that sometime around the age of five I started having these desires, and they continued on and off throughout my life.
IKR Me too!

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
nwm said:
What are CGs?

Marting said:
I was badly bullied at school, and would go back into babyhood in private as a form of escapism. That comfort then intertwined with puberty as I got older and boom!
I was bullied too, but unfortunately couldn't use ABDL as a coping mechanism because I didn't know I was one yet. I couldn't even get Diapers to try and use for coping either because Diapers in my size were damn near impossible for me to come by as a kid. So, unfortunately the bullying just led to depression and suicidal thoughts. :-( Now and days I am much happier and almost completely depression free it only hits me once in a blue moon. I am enjoying my ABDL life in secret (but not completely secret anymore because my Best Friend Great Aunt and Dad all know because they've caught me a few times) and am a very happy Baby Boy!!!

Reactions: Marting
EagleBoy said:
I'm the same way I have no need for diapers. I was going to a Children's Hospital since I was 7 or 8 years old and I saw kids older than 3 running around in disposable diapers I even had a room mate I say he was 6 years old when I was 12 years old and he was wearing disposable diapers
I don't remember being subjected to kids in Diapers at the hospital, but I'm probably just too young to remember. Or maybe deep down in my subconscious unbeknownst to me I was around them and became jealous, and my ABDL side began slowly awakening! Starting out simply as just wanting to wear Diapers again! Eventually leading to acting like a Baby again! 😊 Guess I'll never truly know.

Last edited:
No matter what "caused it" you are all valid and you are loved the same

• Love
Reactions: DavidNixon, Lightstreak2553, blaincorrous and 2 others
Lightstreak2553 said:
I have no idea. I was potty trained at two, no bedwetting to speak of and only a few episodes of daytime accidents at three. I had wonderful parents, a loving family, and no major trauma that I know of. All I know is that sometime around the age of five I started having these desires, and they continued on and off throughout my life.
Same here

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet, Lightstreak2553, subhubby1968 and 1 other person
  • Love
I think I fit this bill also, my childhood was great, my parents were and are awesome people. I had a known desire to myself for diapers since as far back as I could remember.
I've had a little trauma so to speak in my late teens and early 20's w/ military things, but I've worked all that out of my system, a little more trauma with my fire & ems career, but I talk about it with my pals and it really doesnt affect me, if anything people use me as there support system because I listen without judgement and help people by keeping things positive and rational.
I honestly think that I'm just wired this way, I'm wired to have the ability to take on responsibilities and also let go at the right time, I guess I use my little side to help cope like how some people go out to bars with friends to drink and unwind, It took a while for me to accept that, but all is good now and I'm happy that I found myself.
My fiancee has been my rock in a lot of this, before her, this was my closet thing and I had a lot of unanswered questions about myself, now with her, I can open my wings and feel loved, I think thats what ties all of this together, the unconditional love and sweetness of both of our personalities.

• Love
Reactions: ItsDozinTime, ABDElsa and tam1623
I also fall into the no trauma, uneventful childhood category. And personality wise i was a quiet, book reading, smart but not too smart kid.
I have many theories on why I like diapers: a connection between diapers and getting attention, either when my diaper was changed or observing the attention that my siblings received when their diapers were changed. Also diapers were a means of preventing the mess from the wet dreams of puberty.
I never spent too much time analyzing why I liked diapers and a little cross dressing until the recent few years. I spent more time just wearing them and wetting them in hiding and being embarrassed and ashemed of my interests, not helped by my wife’s attitude of “out of sight, out of mind”.
Adisc was a great find for me. After years of seeing pictures and videos of people wearing and enjoying diapers, I only stumbled on afdisc within the past two years or so. The sharing on here has gotten me to a better place regarding my understanding and acceptance of my diaper wearing and has allowed me to just enjoy my wetting and wearing diapers.

• Love
Reactions: Lyric and ABDElsa
I had an awesome life while growing up. My parents took care of me the best they could and I didn't have any kind of abuse to cause this lifestyle, but here I am! I always wanted to act like a baby since somewhere between 4-6 years old and loved the idea to wear diapers. Not even sure why. Sometimes I think these things happen for no reason, just life trolling us to keep the question of why life, why?! lol

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and Lightstreak2553
My sister and I have discussed this issue of why I like wearing diapers and going potty in them several times. She thinks our mom was too soft on us, didn't encourage us as much as she could have to potty train early and allowed both of us to wet our beds much longer than is normal, while uncomplainingly diapering each of us every night, and doing all that diaper laundry. She also thinks our mom was a little lonely because our father worked so much, traveled a lot and we, and especially me as the oldest and only boy, became substitutes for her love and attention in our dad's absense. She thinks that's why I continued to wet my bed until I was 17 and mom continued to diaper me every night well past my puberty causing me to become sexually aroused when she diapered me. I suspect there is much truth to this, but at the same time, we had a great childhood, were loved and cherished our both parents but especially our mom and in most respects our lives as adults have been envious.

• Wow
some bedwetting but mostly IBS just got tired of worrying about IBS and liked the idea of being put in diapers since I was small

• Love
Back