Proposal: An ABDL symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis420

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I propose a symbol is chosen to represent the ABDL community. Something to wear as a badge. Though not everyone in the community would want to be involved in this venture I imagine, a symbol could be excellent as identification to other ABDLs. A symbol could also be used for the usual purposes. Flags, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
The safety pin was the logical symbol of choice. Unfortunately the safety pin is also a political symbol so it cannot be used. The ABDL symbol must be subtle and easy to apply. Something that could be worn on a shirt for example, that would not arouse suspicion from those that do not know the meaning of the emblem. My personal suggestion is the letter block. The letter block can be diversely used, and it is not particularly suspicious while still being connected to the ABDL community. I would love to hear your input on this idea so feel free to reply.

First I'm curious how the safety pin is political?

Second, lots of people have tried to use bits and pieces of symbolism. We're not going to be able to make a unified symbol of anything beyond representing ADISC members unless people plan on promoting this grass roots style and I'm certainly not campaigning for it.

Quite frankly I don't see the point of identifying myself to other ABDLs nor having them be identified to me. Would it be nice to meet other ABDLs? Sure. But only on my terms at munches, conventions, nurseries, meet-ups, etc. I have no desire to be going about my business and having someone publicly strike up a conversation regarding my personal involvement with ABDLism. Nor would I approach anyone who wears anything of the sort, unless I were passing along a casual compliment and moving on. But, I mean, wear your favorite cartoon shirt if that's the case and you'll get a similar effect.

Reactions: Fiammaverde, Littleguy11, ThatGuyFromThatThread and 3 others
How on Earth are you planning to wear a letter block pin on a shirt, keep it “subtle” and remain unnoticed 🤣? Oh well. The thing with symbols like this is that at some point people will notice it and start to ask Google what it means. I could wear one sure, but most of the people won’t.

I’m trying to ask myself where I could pin something like this on my clothes and well. Maybe shoe laces, a bag or a backpack, but shirt? Not really. Maybe when I’m out casually. I’m not saying I’m against it. I’d wear a baby fur pin or badge on my bag if I had one. I don’t mind :p.

So yeah, my take on it would be - whatever symbol the community agrees on, putting it somewhere less noticeable would do it for some people. Living in a abdl desert makes it quite meaningless for me. It would be something I do just for the peace of my own mind. Unless I’d go to some kind of public event, a pride or something.

Reactions: Traveller
BigKid25 said:

Second, lots of people have tried to use bits and pieces of symbolism. We're not going to be able to make a unified symbol of anything beyond representing ADISC members unless people plan on promoting this grass roots style and I'm certainly not campaigning for it.

Quite frankly I don't see the point of identifying myself to other ABDLs nor having them be identified to me. Would it be nice to meet other ABDLs? Sure. But only on my terms at munches, conventions, nurseries, meet-ups, etc. I have no desire to be going about my business and having someone publicly strike up a conversation regarding my personal involvement with ABDLism. Nor would I approach anyone who wears anything of the sort, unless I were passing along a casual compliment and moving on. But, I mean, wear your favorite cartoon shirt if that's the case and you'll get a similar effect.
Apparently safety pins are about showing your support to abused people and minorities. I wouldn’t call that a political symbol either xD.

Cartoon T-shirt’s and even tattoos are nothing new. I’d wear abdl orientated clothing if I really wanted to get noticed. But that’s for abdl parties yeah. They would do nothing for me here where I live.

I’m not necessarily into marking people for what they are too. That brings a bit negative assumptions and stereotyping into play.

Reactions: BigKid25 and Traveller
_supersocial_large_extended.png

PuppyMouseMikki said:
How on Earth are you planning to wear a letter block pin on a shirt, keep it “subtle” and remain unnoticed 🤣? Oh well. The thing with symbols like this is that at some point people will notice it and start to ask Google what it means. I could wear one sure, but most of the people won’t.

I’m trying to ask myself where I could pin something like this on my clothes and well. Maybe shoe laces, a bag or a backpack, but shirt? Not really. Maybe when I’m out casually. I’m not saying I’m against it. I’d wear a baby fur pin or badge on my bag if I had one. I don’t mind :p.

So yeah, my take on it would be - whatever symbol the community agrees on, putting it somewhere less noticeable would do it for some people. Living in a abdl desert makes it quite meaningless for me. It would be something I do just for the peace of my own mind. Unless I’d go to some kind of public event, a pride or something.
Here is a very rough example I made a in a few minutes. As for finding out the meaning through the internet that is okay. If this idea were to grow to that extent (Which it most likely will not) ABDL would be getting a lot more public attention in general.

BigKid25 said:

Quite frankly I don't see the point of identifying myself to other ABDLs nor having them be identified to me. Would it be nice to meet other ABDLs? Sure. But only on my terms at munches, conventions, nurseries, meet-ups, etc. I have no desire to be going about my business and having someone publicly strike up a conversation regarding my personal involvement with ABDLism. Nor would I approach anyone who wears anything of the sort, unless I were passing along a casual compliment and moving on. But, I mean, wear your favorite cartoon shirt if that's the case and you'll get a similar effect
The adoption of an emblem by any community must be started slowly. It must also be accepted by said community as most symbols are rejected. As for not wanting to display or use the symbol yourself that is understandable. The idea is for those who would want to.

Budunker said:
_supersocial_large_extended.png

Here is a very rough example I made a in a few minutes. As for finding out the meaning through the internet that is okay. If this idea were to grow to that extent (Which it most likely will not) ABDL would be getting a lot more public attention in general.
Having someone who is just itching to pick on someone..... most of the white male population of England..... looking up my symbol on Google would be tantamount to me committing suicide!!
So it's NOT OK that these red faced Brexiters ( that's the clean version) look me up!!
Yep, I am not going to wear any symbol, until general perception of WHAT we are improves 1000%

Reactions: Bearcub20 and Mal8
Reactions: Deleted member 51496, Codiapermike, Traveller and 2 others
I wouldn't want a symbol if one existed. My ab life is for myself and my s o. and is only part of out life together.
Why would I want to be approached by a stranger saying "Hi I'm an adult baby too!"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, LittleCatty, ElPulpo and 3 others
I think the PeekABU hats are good for signaling you are abdl. Most of us recognize it, but it is not screaming abdl. Plus it's cute. It's safe to tell someone that you like their hat if you want to say something.

Reactions: perlFerret, DiaperLoverNick, SAPexpanded and 2 others
buridan said:
Two ABDL symbols already exist, an ABDL pride flag and a circular logo.

I don't imagine many people would want to display either symbol on street clothing. They are potentially useful for pseudonymous online spaces and for in-person kink-oriented spaces.
The only problem with that is it gets confused with the rest of the LGBTQ Etc Etc's symbols so that's probably why the Original poster brought it up, we need a different idea

MakABDL said:
The only problem with that is it gets confused with the rest of the LGBTQ Etc Etc's symbols so that's probably why the Original poster brought it up, we need a different idea
I agree. 'LGBTQIA' as I saw it yesterday. It would be LGBTQIAAB. It's simpler to have no ID. Not all of us feel AB involved 24/7. It is not my identity.

Reactions: Fiammaverde, Deleted member 9978, BigKid25 and 1 other person
As well as being AB/DL I am in a relationship of 32 years - which is much more important to me and contains everything else and more

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, BigKid25 and Traveller
Kymi said:
I agree. 'LGBTQIA' as I saw it yesterday. It would be LGBTQIAAB. It's simpler to have no ID. Not all of us feel AB involved 24/7. It is not my identity.
Yeah to be honest sometimes it's better not to have one, If i wanted anything to show i am a part of something that is a big part of my life, It would be a Star or the Skull and Crossbones of the Arcadia.

Symbols ought to be saved for things you believe in that gives you strength not that you're just a part of a certain community.

Reactions: BigKid25 and Traveller
MakABDL said:
What's wrong with the logo in the second link I posted? It can be (and has been) put on a pin. It already has some recognition in parts of the ABDL community. (Apparently not here.)

ORBaby said:
I think the PeekABU hats are good for signaling you are abdl. Most of us recognize it, but it is not screaming abdl. Plus it's cute. It's safe to tell someone that you like their hat if you want to say something.
That's a pretty good solution for someone who wants to signal that they're ABDL to others "in the know" while out on the street.

Reactions: tenderbottoms47
These are the two existing AB pride logos.

I think that the idea has merit for those who wish to communicate in this manner. Of course people who have a lot to lose or are insecure would not go so far as to wear such a symbol (even if arcane). To wear, or not to wear such a symbol is obviously a personal choice.

DPF had a pin available years ago, it was a small polished metal object shaped roughly like a triangle but with a truncated lower point approximately resembling a stylized diaper. I never saw one on any person. If anyone here has a DPF pin please put up a picture of it for us to view.

Throughout history many secret societies have had such symbols for the purpose of recognizing one another. Does the relative rarity of those sharing our common interests make us a secret society? I would posit that it does.

Such a symbol associated with the ABDL community should be abstract enough so that any observer would not immediately identify it as a diaper symbol. In other words, at least mildly covert. It should be subtle so as to not attract the eye but visible enough for an observant person to recognize. That means not colorful. As much as I like pink and baby blue those colors are associated with children and gender so not a good choice. It should be small such as a lapel pin.

If I had such a pin would I wear it? I think that I would, I have nothing to lose. If I were exposed as an AB to my community it would be an excellent opportunity to determine who among my associates and friends is accepting (liberal) or intolerant (conservative). Whoa, that remark should awaken the hornets nest but that's how I see it.

Reactions: tbjay
No thanks. I keep my DL side private, and don't want some random stranger coming up to me in the biscuit aisle of my local supermarket to talk to me about what nappies I wear and what I do in them.

• Love
Reactions: dous, Kymi, Traveller and 1 other person
View attachment 57299

Any Symbol you pick will morph in to this in the eyes of the public once it hits Facebook. Remember that.

ABDL is a fetish, it’s not the same as being gay or having gender dysphoria. It doesn’t matter if it is sexual or not. It is a fetish.
So that means you keep it “in the bedroom” or an appropriate space. You do not go on an exhibition spree with it.

People on here need to wake up once in a while. We all enjoy it but there’s no excuse to be stupid about it. We need to behave ourselves or the level of persecution we will face from a few idiots because of a few idiots who don’t understand boundaries will be terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FloraFloraFlora, SuperMutant, Traveller and 3 others
MrPurple said:
View attachment 57299

Any Symbol you pick will morph in to this in the eyes of the public once it hits Facebook. Remember that.

ABDL is a fetish, it’s not the same as being gay or having gender dysphoria. It doesn’t matter if it is sexual or not. It is a fetish.
So that means you keep it “in the bedroom” or an appropriate space. You do not go on an exhibition spree with it.

People on here need to wake up once in a while. We all enjoy it but there’s no excuse to be stupid about it. We need to behave ourselves or the level of persecution we will face from a few idiots because of a few idiots who don’t understand boundaries will be terrible.
You raise a good point. However, sitting back forever will constantly put us in a place of disdain in the public eye. Other fetish communities don’t hide for fear of having of their lives ruined. In my opinion it is inevitable that the ABDL community will gain more public attention as time goes on either way.

Reactions: tbjay
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back