I had an institutional regression...Has anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty18

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I'm an old DL whose story goes back to age 10 when my brother was born. He was getting all the attention and, although I, an only child 'til then, had it all, suddenly the diapers were at the heart of it (in my child logic). I started sneaking his plastic pants. At this point, I even got erect...a little anyway. Sneaking a triangular piece of nylon, I started secretly pinning it on at night. The erections increased. Soon I had created a two-fold fetish...diapers and nylon. In that day, Wards and Sears both had catalogs and they both carried adult rubber panties. As I searched the pages it became clear that women's panties were very similar: no fly and elastic legs...and, of course, filmy nylon.
Fast forward, I had a girlfriend who liked to put me in both rubber panties and her nylon ones. This just confirmed and strengthened my fetishes.
Later, a book came out: All My Children. It was about psychological therapy using regression including diapers. I shopped psychologists until I found one who would prescribe a weekend session in a nursing facility. Twice I went in on Friday, was restrained (to take away the guilt and assure no tampering or masturbation), diapered, bottle fed, and forbidden to converse in an adult manner. Before and after these two weekend sessions, I was given a psych test called the MMPI. I was honest in my answers but the psychologist had trouble believing it because I blew the second test off the charts.
For several months afterward, I had no desire for either lingerie or diapers. Later however it gradually returned. That's the situation today.
Have any of the rest of Y'all had any similar experiences?

Last edited:
Fake story. nursing facilities won’t bottle feed and restrain you. Go take this fake story to Reddit we only support real stories on adisc.

Reactions: DandyAndy, thedlguy, OmiOMy and 7 others
I remember seeing TV shows where there was regression therapy but I'm not sure psychological clinics actually practiced it. I've heard of rebirthing therapy where the patient and psychologist do things to replicate their birth.

dogboy said:
I remember seeing TV shows where there was regression therapy but I'm not sure psychological clinics actually practiced it. I've heard of rebirthing therapy where the patient and psychologist do things to replicate their birth.
Well if it’s real that’s amazing but I bet this stories a fantasy

Hello verypadded and others of the younger crowd who might not believe. Here's a little more background.The story is true and happened in the 70's (I said I was old). And, yes, there were dl's even back there in the dark ages.
At the time TA was just coming on the scene and the "self help" book "I'm OK, You're OK" was a big hit. It explained Freud in lay terms. Another book with a TA flavor was Jaqui Schiff's book mentioned above: "All My Children." It deals with treatment of "incurable" schizophrenics using regression. Ms. Schiff's definition might be called diapers! The theory behind it is each of us grows up going through different stages. If trauma occurs during one of these stages, the behavior is locked in unless or until the stage's elements are lived out. In my case my mother claims to have toilet trained me by 6 months...at least on the dirty diaper side of things. I still remember the shaming I experienced. Anyway, I shopped for a doctor who knew TA and regression. Finding one, I convinced him to order a regressive sequence...a weekend in a facility. I also did the leg work to find a place. The criteria: it would be a nursing facility (home) which did "skilled nursing" and took psych patients. They had a skilled nursing wing where they housed both psych and dementia patients...mostly in diapers...right up my alley. We had a staff meeting beforehand and the doctor explained about returning me to a 6 month old situation. The first weekend began without restraints, but I experienced a headache like I've never had before or since. The doctor understood the guilt I was feeling from my mother's training and prescribed restraints "to give him permission." It worked and the restraints were the order from the start the second time six months later. Yes, I know it sounds like fantasy, but, to all you nay-sayers out there...it really did happen...to ME!

Proof or it didn't happen, dude.

I remember reading about regression to an infant stage as therapy back around 1970 being used to help some people, so I know it was a thing.

Why all the hate? we all have a story...

Reactions: verypadded, PetPuppyAlex, tiny and 1 other person
Well,

I do agree, no need for hate or anything like that, or being a dick.

Being OLD myself (not really still not dead yet)...I will say that back in the 70's things were not like today in any way, i nearly died from spinal meningitis, sorta not that huge a deal today, that was in early '73.

Back then there wernt the drugs nor the medical devices we take for granted today, albeit we still have a long way to go...

so, if it is true or false isn't the issue here, more that even getting "proof" of what happened to me back then is near impossible, let alone back then there wasnt even a unified record system for patient records, and when a dr or hospital closed, usually just left the records abandoned or just tossed them out, being cheaper to just leave in the old building, that is where most can still be found, this wasnt rectified somewhat till the '90's.

As for medical care, that also depends on the area your in let alone country.

i spent some time in hosptal outside kiev in the 90's and let's say not the same as the US by far...despite my very limited Russian, spanish, german and Norwegian... in essence i was NOT able to communicate with hardly anyone there, and was getting a bullet removed (long story), but i wouldn't have ever though of the way they treat somone that sleepwalks :(...not to mention germany (albeit better).

But, yeah if you don't think it's real, that is fine, you dont need to be a dick about it, just say, i don;t beleive it, or better yet, don't respond at all...

If there is "fake" or "exaggerated" stories, which there will always be...no sense using the "anonymous" nature of the internet to be a dick about it...just let it be and move on...I doubt most people would say what they don on-line in person...My rule is i will say exactly what i do on-line to someone face to face anytime, good bad or indifferent...

Reactions: PetPuppyAlex, verypadded and Traveller
The attached article describes the "career" of Jacqui Lee Schiff, the proponent of reparenting therapy. The article is lengthy but is the most comprehensive discussion of Schiff that I have come across. Schiff and her 'therapy' sound unprofessional, unethical and dangerous.

Curiously there is no Wikipedia article on Schiff. However there is an article on 'reparenting' (attached below).

Regards. Dylan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Traveller
When I had my mental break down and was inpatient for a while, regression was actually part of my therapy. While it wasn't as described by the OP, the facility did allow my plushie, my sippies and paci, and coloring books, along with supportive play and treatment, but adult responsibility had to come first. There were only a few provided diaper changes, and that's because of side effects of medicine provided made me unable to use my motor skills properly at time.

It wasn't so much that they babied me, but approached things with gentler hands, and gave me extra reminders and incentives to do self-care like you would a toddler. In therapy, when I was too scared to talk because I am pretty shy in group settings, they did things like ask me what my plushie thought or wanted to share. A few times, I had bedtime stories read to me, or was purposely lead to watch more kid friendly tv or do more kid friendly activities. When it was time to socialize, they would try to break the ice for me by introducing me so I wouldn't hide.

The focus was on helping me get better, and despite it being deviant behavior from the norm, it was seen as something that was needed and positive for the condition I was in, as long as balance could be achieved. The struggle was achieving and maintaining that balance, because my mind wanted nothing to do with being an adult after everything that happened. Not going to lie though, it was one of my best experiences in my life even if the circumstances around it sucked. Its also one of the reasons why I believe that my little side will never go away, and is with me as an aspect of my adult personality to some extent.

The last few days I was there, when things stabilized for me, and we were making sure the medication worked properly, the staff and I had an intellectual discussion about regression in their ward. It actually isn't that uncommon of a coping mechanism when people are at the most vulnerable. Most of the time it is seen as a 'negative' because it interferes with recovery, but is part of the process of healing. The difference with me was that despite the need to regress in the situation the best course of action was to provide gender affirmation to my little side so that my adult side could handle the loss of the chance to confirm my own image of my self.

Last edited:
I suspect that a lot of adults tend to regress a little when they're very sick with a cold or the flu. As males, we appreciate it when our wives baby us a little when we're sick.

my comment of calling this story fake was ignorant of me to say for doubting that really happened, didn’t want to come of as mean. I am sorry for my ignorance if this really did happen.

Bigbabybret said:
Well,

I do agree, no need for hate or anything like that, or being a dick.

Being OLD myself (not really still not dead yet)...I will say that back in the 70's things were not like today in any way, i nearly died from spinal meningitis, sorta not that huge a deal today, that was in early '73.

Back then there wernt the drugs nor the medical devices we take for granted today, albeit we still have a long way to go...

so, if it is true or false isn't the issue here, more that even getting "proof" of what happened to me back then is near impossible, let alone back then there wasnt even a unified record system for patient records, and when a dr or hospital closed, usually just left the records abandoned or just tossed them out, being cheaper to just leave in the old building, that is where most can still be found, this wasnt rectified somewhat till the '90's.

As for medical care, that also depends on the area your in let alone country.

i spent some time in hosptal outside kiev in the 90's and let's say not the same as the US by far...despite my very limited Russian, spanish, german and Norwegian... in essence i was NOT able to communicate with hardly anyone there, and was getting a bullet removed (long story), but i wouldn't have ever though of the way they treat somone that sleepwalks :(...not to mention germany (albeit better).

But, yeah if you don't think it's real, that is fine, you dont need to be a dick about it, just say, i don;t beleive it, or better yet, don't respond at all...

If there is "fake" or "exaggerated" stories, which there will always be...no sense using the "anonymous" nature of the internet to be a dick about it...just let it be and move on...I doubt most people would say what they don on-line in person...My rule is i will say exactly what i do on-line to someone face to face anytime, good bad or indifferent...
my comment of calling this story fake was ignorant of me to say for doubting that really happened, didn’t want to come of as mean. I am sorry for my ignorance if this really did happen.

anton said:
Why all the hate? we all have a story...

verypadded said:
Whilst appreciated i dont really think that any personal apology need be, and i'm sure nothing was meant to be a personal attack.

my point in this is but one...

Just read what your writing, and if decide if you would say that exact thing in person to another, these days the anonymous nature and ease at which you can put out a less than stellar post it too quick, and done all too often, I see way too many times every da where a simple error will cause people to call another things we wouldnt say in person, and it's too some just as devastating to there ego being written (sometimes even moreso), and just want people to be more aware that even though you don't personally know the recipient that it can and usually does hurt on the other end.

That said, my easy rule (and i make mistakes too) is if i were in front of this person would i say these exact words...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back