Toilet Training Age Poll?

How old were you when you were potty trained and no longer wore diapers during the daytime

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4 for me. I knew LOGO for the C64 and was learning BASIC and some light orbital mechanics, thanks to my mom's genius best friend and next-door neighbor, but I was too busy learning and doing things to be bothered to use the potty.

Reactions: ChocChip, sinceiwassmall and Weatheronthe8s
perlFerret said:
4 for me. I knew LOGO for the C64 and was learning BASIC and some light orbital mechanics, thanks to my mom's genius best friend and next-door neighbor, but I was too busy learning and doing things to be bothered to use the potty.
Love this. I was a similarly nerdy kid, absorbed in doing. My mom has a graduate degree in obscure mathematics and loved to read us fantasy and adventure stories. I was mesmerized by exploring nature too.

I often wet my pants a little (till older than 4) while absorbed in play, and felt so much shyness and shame when people could see.

How much happier and more relaxed might I have been if I was still pinned in diapers for a couple more years, comfortingly and unconcernedly filling my pants, and wetting wherever I was without interrupting anything. Cared for in this one last baby way until my slowly developing body caught up to my racing ahead mind and hands.

Reactions: perlFerret and ChocChip
Not sure but definitely at the young end of the scale as I have no real memory of wearing them daytime as a child.

I stopped wearing Diapers at 3 but I pooped my pants on and off until I was like 12 and was threatened to be put back into them a lot.

I don't really remember, although it was sometime between when I was 3 and 4. Closer to 4 than 3, so I put 4 on the poll

I was almost 5 when I was fully potty trained, although I was already in Kindergarten when that happened due to my disability. So for about a few weeks, I was partially still in diapers during that time. Most likely in Pull Ups.

I was potty trained at 5 but I would have accidents till I was 8 almost 9 do to the fact I had a nervous bladder. Crazy thing is that my mom made me wear till I was almost 12 because she thought me holding it in could damage my then weak bladder

I was potty trained at 5 almost 6 by my special education teacher. I was born with a cleft palate and also autism. There was several times that I was put back in diapers during the day. I was a nightly bedwetter so I was in diapers and pullups at night until I was in high school. I returned to them at 25 because of my night time issues returned

SicartheaSpikefan said:
I'm surprised, it's a lot more people than last time ^w^
What was it like to grow up like that.
This was a long time ago and wearing diapers wasn't unusual, however my sister and I were later than most. We only had cloth diapers and rubber pants so couldn't really hide that we were wearing. I was much older before I stopped wearing diapers at night for bed wetting, as did my sister, so it never seemed odd around our house that we all wore diapers.

I started at 3. I only remember one memory of potty training though. My babysitter did help train me, however I don't remember any of those instances. I just remember being told I could have a playset if I went potty and kept going on it.

I was potty trained at around 3, my oldest sibling was never potty trained due to disability, the next oldest was around 2 so iv been told and the youngest took nearly till 5 to be trained

I was born in 1942 and was out of regular daytime or nighttime diapers by the time I was 2 1/2 or 3. However, after that, I had occasional accidents, more often during the day than at night (when I was busy doing something that closely held my attention or while in the car If we didn’t stop quickly enough when I had to go). I vividly remember being spanked when I soaked the seat in my uncle’s new Packard car when I was 7 or 8. Then when I was 14, I experienced a surgical mishap that damaged my bladder control and have needed diapers ever since.

Chamed said:
I was born in 1947 and I was trained by 2 years according to my baby book. I don't remember details for myself. But I saw a lot of others being trained in the early 1950s. Just about any and all methods used were strict. long stays strapped to the potty chair. enemas or suppositories so you pooped when mom wanted you to. and spankings for soiling your training pants.
I went through that as well. I hated the enema.

I was in diapers until about halfway through 1st grade, I was a little older than the rest of the class because of my birthday so I was just around 7 years old. Still had to wear for nighttime a few more years. Looking back I guess I must have thought all the kids were like me and it was normal. My folks didn't really pressure me or scold me about my bladder issue so I didn't know other kids my age and younger had learned to use the potty.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
ksboy71 said:
I was in diapers until about halfway through 1st grade, I was a little older than the rest of the class because of my birthday so I was just around 7 years old. Still had to wear for nighttime a few more years. Looking back I guess I must have thought all the kids were like me and it was normal. My folks didn't really pressure me or scold me about my bladder issue so I didn't know other kids my age and younger had learned to use the potty.
even for bathroom breaks...
at my school we'd have everyone line up in front of the bathrooms every few hours and we'd be told to use the toilet even if we didn't think we had too (since most of the time we at least had to pee a little.) did anyone ever notice you missing from those things.. or see you leave class to get changed...

SicartheaSpikefan said:
even for bathroom breaks...
at my school we'd have everyone line up in front of the bathrooms every few hours and we'd be told to use the toilet even if we didn't think we had too (since most of the time we at least had to pee a little.) did anyone ever notice you missing from those things.. or see you leave class to get changed...
I'm not sure, I wasn't one of those other kids 🤷‍♂️ I don't remember there being a potty break with the class lined up like cattle, however I do recall the teachers aid and the school nurse helping me.

huh, I guess that explains how you got around it ^w^ you must be one of the lucky ones, I've heard storys from a few users who didn't even know pullups were different from underwear and then others about people who were bullied for their diapers. I'm pretty sure everyone I knew was potty trained at my school.

We had a kid in my kindergarten class who still wore training pants and when we had our first trip to the bathroom, others noticed and started to make fun of him. He was the smallest kid in the class and he said he didn't fit in regular boys underwear which may have been true but I think he was from a very poor family and they couldn't afford to buy new underwear before school started. I stood up for him and told him I thought they looked nice. They were the Gerber kind (I think) that had colorful baby animals on them and I so badly wanted them...sigh. The other kids thought so too if I remember correctly. The boy would become one of my best friends all through grade school. I still remember his name.

Reactions: WillFord384
I gave the year I'm pretty sure I was trained in, 3. I do bet my parents waited until after I recovered from my selective dorsal rhyzotomy, though, because I would've been very weak, afterwards. In the video my parents sent the neurosurgeon, so he could see how i moved, I was still in daytime diapers. The video is dated as me being a month shy of 3 years old, so, I'm guessing, somewhere in my 3rd year.

I have no memory of wearing diapers, but there's a photo of me in the family photo album rocking some kind of oversized training pants and dated "4 years old". So it must have been around then.

Back