Just Told My Therapist

EcstaticArugula

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve just ordered some *real* diapers because I’ve just been craving them for so long. When people say their DL’s I’m totally cool with it. With me though I freak out. I have some mental illness so I think it has to do with that, being hyper sexual or just being “weird”. (I’m not trying to say mental illness has anything to doing with being a DL)
I told my therapist and she didn’t judge it. I do need to be “mindful” and pay attention to my thoughts.
I’m really excited about wearing but have a since of shame. It’s not the most “normal” thing but is far from strange. I know this isn’t illegal, isn’t harmful, isn’t even “bad” and doesn’t involve anyone else even. I almost wish I had the age part because it’d make more since. I don’t have the desire to use them either. I’m very kinky so I feel like I shouldn’t have any problem with this to begin with (some is sexual and some is…I’m not sure).
Does anyone have or had a hard time accepting this?

Reactions: MaengDa2992, dlboylife and Lumos
EcstaticArugula said:
I’ve just ordered some *real* diapers because I’ve just been craving them for so long. When people say their DL’s I’m totally cool with it. With me though I freak out. I have some mental illness so I think it has to do with that, being hyper sexual or just being “weird”. (I’m not trying to say mental illness has anything to doing with being a DL)
I told my therapist and she didn’t judge it. I do need to be “mindful” and pay attention to my thoughts.
I’m really excited about wearing but have a since of shame. It’s not the most “normal” thing but is far from strange. I know this isn’t illegal, isn’t harmful, isn’t even “bad” and doesn’t involve anyone else even. I almost wish I had the age part because it’d make more since. I don’t have the desire to use them either. I’m very kinky so I feel like I shouldn’t have any problem with this to begin with (some is sexual and some is…I’m not sure).
Sounds like you are on the road we all take... If you want to go DL then that's fine.. just take it easy and decide what you want in time.. good wishes to you..

Reactions: Lattimore55
Kittyinpink said:
Sounds like you are on the road we all take... If you want to go DL then that's fine.. just take it easy and decide what you want in time.. good wishes to you..
Thank you

Reactions: Kittyinpink
@EcstaticArugula. Love yourself. No one thing defines us. Shame is so destructive that it can gnaw its way through healthy parts of your life. Besides, who says kink can’t be a gift as long as it has its time and place?

Reactions: Lattimore55, MaxDL and Kittyinpink
Subtlerustle said:
@EcstaticArugula. Love yourself. No one thing defines us. Shame is so destructive that it can gnaw its way through healthy parts of your life. Besides, who says kink can’t be a gift as long as it has its time and place?
Great words there! I really admire what you wrote! Thank you for me and thank you for our community.

Reactions: MaxDL and EcstaticArugula
Kittyinpink said:
Great words there! I really admire what you wrote! Thank you for me and thank you for our community.
Thanks. I swear half my posts say the same thing. I dealt with shame in the past. Not debilitating but counter productive to be sure. I’d love to have a do-over on some decisions that where influenced by feelings of shame. It’s my mantra to never have that in my world again and have others not succumb to it.

Reactions: Kittyinpink and EcstaticArugula
Subtlerustle said:
Aw, that’s so sweet and true!

if you have an urge inside of you to wear diapers then wear them and see how you feel, but just remember dont think its wrong or anything bad or wrong with you, its all about how it makes you feel and from what ive seen when people have an urge inside of them to wear diapers, it usually feels really good to them once they finally do, thats how it was with me. i hide it from pretty much everybody i know besides 3 people

I totally get the worries about your mental health and the hyper sexual part.
I'm not new to kinks either but what helped me was chatting with people with the same kink and reading articles and diaperperv on youtube. It was so nice to see another female with the same kink.

Plus you don't hurt anyone with this kink, it is your thing, your sexuality and accepting that can be a wonderfull experience.

So I guess, I wish you well with your first diapers and enjoy 😊

Last edited:
Sounds like your not 18 to me.

EcstaticArugula said:
Did your therapist say something else?

Being a DL is confusing, took me years to understand and accept. Its even rare to find research about ab/dl, if you do its probably outdated. It also seems like you are in the accepting part, remember that its just a kink or something you like, everyone has it and secret isn't a new thing anyways. I know its weird, but tbh DL is weird because its "uncommon". After sometime you will figure most of this stuff out, don't worry too much about it.
EcstaticArugula said:
Yes, I remember vividly asking the same question.

Reactions: Lattimore55, EcstaticArugula and Curiositykilledthecat
Colin said:
Did your therapist say something else?
I kind of went of on a tangent. She asked me what age I started to want to wear, feelings when I wore them and a couple more I don’t remember. I see her tomorrow for a follow up

Reactions: Curiositykilledthecat and dlboylife
UPDATE
So my therapist is doing research on the topic. I feel like that’s a good sign. My last one just wrote it off.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and Curiositykilledthecat
Back