NappiesRUs Play Dayz?

PetPuppyAlex

a smelly squishy house pet from the Northeast
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
Before I bought these, I combed ADISC and I couldn't really find any literature on these. I'm entirely surprised now, because I absolutely find these to be on par with even PeekABUs!

Per my signature, ABU Peekabus are my dailies. They have been for a while! They're a super thick diaper for summer in New England, though, so my Mommy and I have been on the hunt for a variety of relatively more breathable/discreet summer diapers. The plan was to have the Peekabus be the home/roadtrip-can't-stop-a-lot-for-changes diapers and I'd have a type of diapers for "walking on the town" and a type of diaper for "lounging on hot days".

I couldn't find too much literature on Play Dayz, either on or off ADISC, but I took a measured risk -- seeing as Tykables is a reputable brand and they seemed to be pressing "discretion" and this advanced "Japanese SAP". I dunno, I just thought "hey, what the heck, I'll get a case and if I hate them I only have to wear them for a month!" Still left plenty of time to find a decent summer diaper if these didn't work. (I also ordered ABU cloth-backed preschools for the heat so I would have something on deck either way if the hot weather crept up!)

Well, they came, and, frankly, they haven't come off since. I slowly worked up to trusting them in place of Peekabus for restaurants, family events, and other outings and they never disappointed. These diapers are amazing! Also, because I am a gross puppy, I 100% love diapers that "show." These diapers are "showy" diapers, indeed! The Peekabus are the most trustworthy diapers I've ever tried, and I've tried tons.. but the Play Dayz, I'm learning, are pretty much just as trustable and there isn't a speck of white on them when I'm done with them! That makes me so happy.

They threw me for a loop, initially, because they showed so much that I thought they were approaching "full" much earlier than they were for the first few diapers. My Mommy kept sending me to change when it seemed that the yellow and brown stains had crept to the top of the front and back (as was a perfectly good measurement for the Peekabus!), only to find that the diaper was maybe 50% used and easily had another 4 hours. This is now my favorite feature! I love having a wet and messy and "showy" diaper and knowing it's nowhere near full. My Mommy has also adjusted and now loves that she can blatantly see the second I'm wet.

Overall, these diapers are super comfortable "out on the town" diapers. They don't control smell as well as Peekabus, and I tend to be (according to Mommy) decently smelly after a few hours, but based on how much these diapers "show," that's not even a concern. I have been 24/7 more than long enough to be over the Smell Anxiety. I think the 4-hour mark is where Play Dayz cross the line from "catching whiffs" to "consistent smell" and with Peekabus sometimes that line isn't until 6-8.

That probably means the ceiling of absorbency is a little lower than Peekabus but doesn't matter, because it's still such a high ceiling I have to try to reach it. I have changed several Play Dayz now with barely any white left on them.. Wet, messy, no changes all day... and yet, NO leaks. No pond bum. Nothing. They take everything I throw at them.

The very small amount of literature I have found on it involved some complaints about elastics. I don't see what they were going on about. They may have updated because the elastics on these are great. They aren't as high as the Peekabus, yes.. but I think that's a good thing. Sure, I trust Peekabu with my entire life, but those elastics tend to DIG because they're so dang high. PDs are a little less OD on the elastics, which means they're lower, yes.. But I've wet in every position, including flooding on my side. Nothing. The elastics work great. And they don't dig. The diaper also doesn't balloon as much between the legs -- which brings down the chafe factor for a lot of walking.

I think these are great! I'm not quite sure if they're gonna be comfortable summer diapers yet, but they're at least dead on-par with Peekabus! To be honest, I think I'm starting to develop a preference to PDs! But I still have an entire case of each to decide!

TL;DR
Play Dayz are extremely comfortable, soft, and relatively lower profile than Peekabus -- but with comparable trustworthiness.
As far as leaks, I trust these just as much as Peekabus. As far as smell discretion, I trust Peekabus a little better. As far as crinkle discretion, I trust these a bit better, but they're pretty much the same.
As far as chafe factor and "out on the town" friendliness, that's gonna be a win for Play Dayz.
When it comes to showiness (how quickly use becomes visibly apparent on the diaper) that's gonna be a HARD win for Play Dayz. The diaper appears deceivingly full when it has plenty of room left!
I have (suspected) IBS and tend to produce 3-4 decently sized messes (front and back of diaper full) every morning. Both do a fantastic job holding all of it, but I trust lackadaisically sitting in a big mess a little more with Play Dayz. Less of a 'blowout' factor in my limited experience. With Peekabus, the mess tends to spread backward after a long time of sitting/playing. With Play Dayz, the mess tends to spread forward. I prefer that. Cleanup doesn't bother me and the feeling of a full diaper, front and back, is kind of my wheelhouse.
Peekabus are still the reigning champs as far as overall functionality, but if you can take an absorbency/odor lock hit for a little more comfort, like sitting in your messes/pee, are a gross pup like me and like your diapers to "show" long before they're done, have to do a lot of walking, or need to be a little more discreet for family events, These Play Dayz are AMAZING.

Edit: Correcting brand names of diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony
Tykables doesn't make Playdayz if I remember correctly, they only import them. I believe it is Nappies R Us that makes them.

Reactions: PetPuppyAlex
tails1234 said:
Tykables doesn't make Playdayz if I remember correctly, they only import them. I believe it is Nappies R Us that makes them.
Oh ok! Didn't know. Got them off the Tykables site and that was the only brand that I saw associated with them at all. But I just did a google and you appear to be correct. I also looked on the packaging that the diapers come in and it does, in fact, have a small "NappiesRUs" logo above Play Dayz. Welp!

Reactions: tails1234
tails1234 said:
Corrected the whole thread

Been a couple mentions of play dayz :D photos of both ABU Pre School and NRU Play Dayz. almost identical diapers.

ComfyNappies171 said:

Been a couple mentions of play dayz :D photos of both ABU Pre School and NRU Play Dayz. almost identical diapers.
Yeh, I probably couldn't find them because I was looking for Tykables Play Dayz! Now that I realize my mistake, that's probably why I couldn't find "much literature" on it at all :LOL: oops! But still! Everything I said stands!

You have chosen the best nappies :D

PetPuppyAlex said:
Yeh, I probably couldn't find them because I was looking for Tykables Play Dayz! Now that I realize my mistake, that's probably why I couldn't find "much literature" on it at all :LOL: oops! But still! Everything I said stands!
Whats your waist size and how did they fit?

I think playdayz make a good daytime diaper, but I found they were ever so slightly thicker than I wanted to wear to work under dress pants, they lacked front waist elastic, and I had bad luck with the tapes popping and moving on me. (which may have just been my fault)

In the end I found I preferred all white anyway, so there was that too. But I think they are a good option for a lot of people for either wear to work/school, or lounging around the house / playground. There's been a trend recently to go for thicker and thicker, and often it becomes an impractical option as a result. Not every application can be improved by making a diaper thicker (and more expensive)

bambinod said:
I think playdayz make a good daytime diaper, but I found they were ever so slightly thicker than I wanted to wear to work under dress pants, they lacked front waist elastic, and I had bad luck with the tapes popping and moving on me. (which may have just been my fault)

In the end I found I preferred all white anyway, so there was that too. But I think they are a good option for a lot of people for either wear to work/school, or lounging around the house / playground. There's been a trend recently to go for thicker and thicker, and often it becomes an impractical option as a result. Not every application can be improved by making a diaper thicker (and more expensive)
I agree with you on the "thicker and thicker" front. To be honest, I'm in the "I like em relatively thick" camp, only because the thickness is peace of mind -- not just for the babyish feel, I mean. I personally am indifferent to feeling "babyish" in diapers, as some enjoy. I'm a puppy, not really an AB. But thickness means no changes for a while, and that makes both Pup and Owner happy. I do like "middle of the road" thick, though. I know what you're saying. Some, like the Camelots or Crinklz, get HUGE. I used to wear Crinklz during my last (and now second longest) 24/7 bout from October 2019 to February 2020. They were so dependable, but they would get comically large and I *knew* people around me had to have known I was padded. After wettings 5-6, the ballooning would just be unreal.

I prefer patterned, just because they're cute. Like I said, indifferent to "babyish" things. I just genuinely like the designs. I would highly recommend these for school/work/general wear, though. I've checked in on multiple occasions with my Mommy/Owner and the bulge/smell/etc. was not noticeable per her. I've checked in enough to be at a point of universal trust (discretion-wise) with both Peekabus and Play Dayz, besides both of them being on the thicker side.

tails1234 said:
Whats your waist size and how did they fit?
I am a 30"-32" and they are an extremely ideal fit. Very similar fit and sit (on the hips) as the Peekabus.

I've been out of the diaper loop for so long, I thought you were talking about the videogame DayZ lol.

I bought a mixed pack of diapers from nappiesrus that just came today, there might some of that brand in there.

Back