Leaking through the front???

UncleBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
SO when i diaper myself i make sure my thing is pointed down and i like to tape it tight. But for some reason even though im 1000% sure im pointed down the stream goes upwards and if i dont stop the flow it will leak out the sides by the tapes, lying down or standing not sure what im doing wrong lol, is my diaper too tight or not tight enough?

Reactions: chrischrischris
Maybe try plastic pants over your diaper or A different brand. I wear an Abena m4, better dry and the nite leeks in the front are cut by 98%.
What brand do you wear?

I'm in betterdry . Found just dribble or do stop and start peeing .I don't leak doing this .

may be too tight. I put my diaper tight too but you must not abuse it otherwise everything is stuck and it pushes back lol. also, did you fold your diaper in the center lengthwise? this will create a V in the center of the padding from the front to the back and it will help the liquid to be absorbed more effectively by your diaper.

Like this
20210309_202307-01.jpeg

Reactions: Littlerobbydubbs, quartz200420012, depends4me and 3 others
Leaking out the front wings or top is a known issue for many folks when laying down.
It basically is caused by the shape of your body ‘down there’, how your pee-pee naturally rests , and the angle of your body when laying down.
Voiding your bladder can also cause leaks due to the diaper not able to absorbe fast enough - leaks can also be caused from having a diaper that is already overly wet in the front .

Reactions: chrischrischris and MaxDL
Try attaching the bottom tapes higher...or as high as possible, to create a larger "pocket" in the front. I started having this problem just recently, for no discernable reason, as I hadn't changed anything (original diaper, original technique). I think my stream can be strong enough that it ricochets off the diaper onto my groin area, where it may then leak out the leg. Taping higher has helped. I also had this problem years ago with the original Dry 24/7 smalls. The first wetting was fine, but the diaper would swell so much in the front that my second wetting had nowhere to go and would leak. Same solution.

Reactions: WillFord384
depends4me said:
The first wetting was fine, but the diaper would swell so much in the front that my second wetting had nowhere to go and would leak. Same solution.
Also had happen few times the swelling would cause second wetting have no route to the rear part of the diaper and would overflow from side tape area when daytime resting laying down.

Does not happen during sleep with fresh diaper because nothing is pressing the diaper towards me so there is always right amount of space for nightime flows.

Last edited:
I recommend wearing plastic pants over your diapers to achieve a better seal over your waist. I wear always wear plastic pants over my diapers and I very seldom have leaks, and never over the top. Of course I also wear cloth diapers only, so plastic pants are a necessity.

I actually tried Protecbriefs (protective undergarment that goes over the diaper like plastic pants) and they work pretty well against front leakage. Kind of bulky for daytime use, but works great for side sleeping. But I think the best protection is a booster pad inside of the diaper.

I wear Forsite AM/PM large and only noticed this problem with these diapers, im still bad at taping but next time ill try getting the lower tapes higher and straighter. Im starting to think that maybe there isnt enough room in the crotch after a wetting since these diapers swell alot, or my pp is shifting to the side or upwards

2012Stroke said:
I actually tried Protecbriefs (protective undergarment that goes over the diaper like plastic pants) and they work pretty well against front leakage. Kind of bulky for daytime use, but works great for side sleeping. But I think the best protection is a booster pad inside of the diaper.

I love ProtecBriefs. These days I wear them most nights. https://www.protecbriefs.com/products/adult-protecbriefs

100151_ProtecBriefs_2802.jpg

UncleBear said:
SO when i diaper myself i make sure my thing is pointed down and i like to tape it tight. But for some reason even though im 1000% sure im pointed down the stream goes upwards and if i dont stop the flow it will leak out the sides by the tapes, lying down or standing not sure what im doing wrong lol, is my diaper too tight or not tight enough?

Diapers work a lot better when there's an open channel down the middle. You're probably pulling up firmly and taping, so the crotch padding is pressed up against you and there's no easy path to flow to the back. Fold your diaper in half lengthwise to get a downward fold in the crotch, and maintain this when taping up.

Regarding the ProtecBriefs.

The website sizing chart only goes up to XL, however in the size pulldown they go up to 3XL. The 2XL and 3XL are up for pre-order, while under manufacturing takes place.

I received word back that the unlisted sizes on the chart are:

2XL: waist 45-50, hip 50-54
3XL: waist 51-56, hip 55-60

I appreciate this as most of us bearish sized cubs know, finding good quality clothing that fits, it's like finding a unicorn.

UncleBear said:
I pee so much and so forcefully that I have to wear 2 diapers to prevent leaking. Sometimes even that doesn't work, good thing I don't mind pee stained pants in public.

Reactions: chamberpot
Like mentioned, folding the diaper lengthwise when putting it on will help a lot to channel urine overflow. Also, many diapers are not designed for a full pressurized bladder release. Don't forget that it's designed for incontinent people that can't hold it that much. Only high end diapers will be able to manage it.

Taping the diaper too tight or wearing something that compress it, like a pair of briefs or tight plastic pants will reduce absorbancy capacity.

Diapers work by the capillary principle. That is not efficient at managing a flood.

Back