Modifying Mam pacifiers

BundleOfJoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
How on earth do you do this? I tried to take the button off as others have been able to, i managed to get a button on one of my mam pacifiers off an inch but it’s like it’s glued and I’m worried about ruining them, oh well, I’ll try again after dinner...

I brought my first MAM pacifier a few weeks ago and it didn't hurt my mouth at all and it stayed in my mouth, it sucked great,

Katie2fingers said:
I brought my first MAM pacifier a few weeks ago and it didn't hurt my mouth at all and it stayed in my mouth, it sucked great,
That wasn't the question XD
Mam pacis work pretty good for me but I've ben too scared to try and modify them
Even tho I wanna modify them the other way, adult paci shield with baby nipple since the adult paci nipples are way too big for me

BundleOfJoy said:
How on earth do you do this? I tried to take the button off as others have been able to, i managed to get a button on one of my mam pacifiers off an inch but it’s like it’s glued and I’m worried about ruining them, oh well, I’ll try again after dinner...
I do it quite regularly, just put them in a bowl of water in the microwave for around 3 minutes might need a minute longer. This allows the plastic to soften enough and then get a flat object like a butter knife and ease it under the button to remove it. Then all you do is pull out the dummy part and replace with an adult sized one. These are the last 2 I made.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 19.21.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 19.21.12.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: BabyM, longallsboy, littledreamers333 and 3 others
I tried repurposing toddler Mams to adult size but the shields were too small for me...so now, I get my adult-sized Mams from an awesome guy in Slovakia. But the hot-water-n-butter-knife trick works very good, as Mam buttons are press-n-click-fit, no glue.

Reactions: JustAGirl, AComputerGuy and babydoug
Sounds like all I need is some hot water then, I live with my parents so I may have to wait until tommorow morning because I think my step mum is working early in the morning.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and babydoug
Mams are so cute, here are mine that I’m trying to modify, I cut off the teat off one of them to see if I could push the button out, I did strip a tiny bit of plastic on bottom part of the button where it meets the guard but it’s unnoticeable, I’ll just file off the plastic using an emery board afterwards if I’m bothered by it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: KrankyPants, babydoug and BobbiSueEllen
Couldn’t get pink... but I liked the blue as the blue bear one will go nicely with one of my pjs I got (also pale blue with a polar bear on)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BundleOfJoy said:
They do come off it takes considerable force with things like a screwdriver i stabbed my finger one time now i have an adult sized mam pacifier with adult teat

I love mam pacifiers always have they have always been may favourite always will be but adult sized is simply better

It looks better fits the mouth better everything i would never go back too a child sized i would like a slightly bigger sized mam

BundleOfJoy said:
Mams are so cute, here are mine that I’m trying to modify, I cut off the teat off one of them to see if I could push the button out, I did strip a tiny bit of plastic on bottom part of the button where it meets the guard but it’s unnoticeable, I’ll just file off the plastic using an emery board afterwards if I’m bothered by it
Google is your friend

BobbiSueEllen said:
I tried repurposing toddler Mams to adult size but the shields were too small for me...so now, I get my adult-sized Mams from an awesome guy in Slovakia. But the hot-water-n-butter-knife trick works very good, as Mam buttons are press-n-click-fit, no glue.
Same here i wish the sheild was a little bigger and also teats are never the same as mam pacifiers

Thanks, I’ll try following the tutorial tommorow

Reactions: KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
Which MAM pacifiers are the best for adults?

BundleOfJoy said:
Posted this a short while ago. Yet another approach. If you have the tools/materials available to you, you can pop the button off without so much as scratching the pacifier. It's all about spreading the force.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I get my adult-sized Mams from an awesome guy in Slovakia.
I need to try these. The baby MAM shields work ok for me, but I wouldn't mind larger. Lots of other shields are just too flat for my liking, including the LFB shields. The nipples on those are great, but the shields are pretty meh.

Last edited:
alexbug said:
Which MAM pacifiers are the best for adults?
Adult sized replicas of mam pacifiers are the best for adults

Buy the sheild off ebay and put any teat inside

• Love
Cottontail said:
Posted this a short while ago. Yet another approach. If you have the tools/materials available to you, you can pop the button off without so much as scratching the pacifier. It's all about spreading the force.

I need to try these. The baby MAM shields work ok for me, but I wouldn't mind larger. Lots of other shields are just too flat for my liking, including the LFB shields. The nipples on those are great, but the shields are pretty meh.
The adult sheilds fit like the baby ones in my experience only better as it covers more of your mouth i don't like alot of other pacifier shapes

Last edited:
  • Love
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nappybaby and BobbiSueEllen
Tried again with the hot water, I used hot water from the kettle, poured it into a pan and dropped the pacis in, still couldn’t get the buttons off but then again, I didn’t leave it very long as I was paranoid about my dad waking up and coming down stairs.

• Wow
I modified this one a while back! The buttons one the mam pacis are really tough to pop out and I had to boil and microwave it in water to loosen the plastic. Stabbed myself with a screwdriver while doing it lol. I think microwaving it in water really did the trick in loosening it up so you should try that
IMG_3673.jpgIMG_3674.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: KrankyPants, BundleOfJoy and BobbiSueEllen

Littlelolikat made a video on this that might be helpful. Just note that it is a little old so some of the places she mentions to get supplies (like adult nipples) might be outdated.

• Love
Back