New Zealand Diaper thread: Incocare selling ABDL brands

distract

be the change (hehe)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey fellow kiwis, just had a search through the forums and didn't find anything, but I just noticed that incocare is selling Tykables Overnights and another diaper called Bearhugs.

Pretty interesting because I know it's often super expensive to get good quality ABDL brands in New Zealand. I did the math on getting ABU to NZ, and it looks like with shipping we're looking at almost 9 dollars per nappy, shipping costing more than the actual diaper itself! These ones are selling pretty consistently for 6 dollars per nappy (with free shipping) which is still a lot but the savings would add up if you're a regular user.

I'm considering buying a sample pack of 2 for each one and giving them a go, once I figure out my shipping situation with flatmates.

Has anyone tried these? I know Tykables is one of the big brands worldwide but I haven't heard of the bearhugs, they don't look quite as thick so I'm not sure how their value pans out. Also keen to hear any other options fellow kiwis take advantage of locally.

Hey there fellow kiwi, I did happen to buy just a sample of the bear hugs, a few weeks back, I couldn’t fathom the price of a hole pack including shipping, over $70 for just one pack !! would have to say out of the nappies I have tried the bear hugs are amazing, probably the best fitting nappy I have tried ! the plastic is super soft ! And still fairly thick !

Seriously looking forward to trying them out then. So far before this my goto nappy has been molicare from supercare. What other places have you tried for adult stuff?

in terms of squeezing into things, of course drynites are a go to. I’ve also had some fun with just normal huggies size 6 by repurposing tabs from used nappies to be extenders for the next wear.

It seems like parents here really like nappy pant pull-up styles so I was disappointed to find out that rascal and friends have what is apparently a huge size 6 in Canada, but they only do tape style up to size 5 here. Any other baby diaper suggestions?

Yea the bear hugs are a really great nappies for sure. I’ve tried a few places like abu Australia. And littles down under but only worth it if getting a few packs. Other wise my go to is normally the adult nappies that are on southernstarproducts.co.nz witch a couple here in nz have recently started. They are a excellent nappy and at a decent price and have free shipping! I would highly recommend.

Reactions: DiaperVapor
Oh I did notice Southern Star at some point. Currently they're out of Mediums which is a dealbreaker for me. I'm also pretty allergic to shipping (flatmates!) so I tend to go to the physical supercare store instead of ordering online, which limits my choice a bit for now.

Just talked to the people at babyonline, they are expecting a shipment of their size 7 dryups nappy by next week. Might order a trial pack of that. Has anyone tried them? Still a baby nappy, but size 7 is still size 7. Annoying that they only either sell a sample pack of 5 or a full box of *120* lol. Baby nappies are not a regular thing for me so I don't think I'd even have enough room to store 120 of them.

distract said:
Oh I did notice Southern Star at some point. Currently they're out of Mediums which is a dealbreaker for me. I'm also pretty allergic to shipping (flatmates!) so I tend to go to the physical supercare store instead of ordering online, which limits my choice a bit for now.
If you really don't want your flatties seeing a parcel delivered, you can redirect your parcel from the track and trace. Just direct it to be left at your local post shop. They don't even leave a calling card in your mail box.

Have always been curious about the XXL training pants from Dryups too, but they don't ship to aus.

I got them before and i was just babylove sleepynights Which are available in aus. Super bad actually though, squeezed the assets more than was comfortable.

distract said:
Has anyone tried these? I know Tykables is one of the big brands worldwide but I haven't heard of the bearhugs, they don't look quite as thick so I'm not sure how their value pans out
These Bear Hugz from Changing Times Diaper Company? CTDC Bear Hugz
(I ask cause it wont let me access that link you posted :()
If they are from CTDC then I will say they're pretty decent, not $70 a bag good but certainly a well performing diaper.

They certainly aren't the cushiest out of the pack, start out somewhat thin but have a lot of swell when wet. Leaving them out of the pack and flexing them while folded helps soften them up a bit.
Hook&loop tabs that hold very well, sturdy and soft plastic backing and decent elastics all around.

Last edited:
distract said:
I got them before and i was just babylove sleepynights Which are available in aus. Super bad actually though, squeezed the assets more than was comfortable.
Damn was hoping they might have been more like the old drynites

distract said:
Hey fellow kiwis, just had a search through the forums and didn't find anything, but I just noticed that incocare is selling Tykables Overnights and another diaper called Bearhugs.

They appear to be an identical design to Tykables velcro diapers like their Unicorn and current Overnights and Galactic. I think the print has a really nice, gender-neutral, AB print to it. Normally AB isn't "my thing", but these just have a nice DL look to them. (and their performance is outstanding)

Last edited:
bambinod said:
They appear to be an identical design to Tykables velcro diapers like their Unicorn and current Overnights and Galactic.
No they are not the same. Our current line are produced at a different factory, are thicker, and more absorbent. The Overnights that this site had were not purchased from us and they are not the same products that are sold elsewhere in the world. These looked to be left overs from production runs at our old factory from several years ago.

todaler said:
No they are not the same.

FWIW:

1617905916364.png

The measurements that are not equal are within my "margin for error" on measuring. (except for the weight, where the BH have you beat)

Attachments

• 1617905663537.png
    1617905663537.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The site in question says that the Overnights, for example, are the same as the current Overnights being sold elsewhere. That is not true.

The Bear Hugs are produced at our old factory and were a copy of our older Overnights in many ways; but slightly less absorbent. The current Overnights, also including the Unicorns and Galactic, are different in many ways from the older versions. While the length and width may be comparable, by design, the exact plastics, hook and loop, and other things you are talking about are not the same. This website is buying product direct from a factory bypassing the actual brand owner which probably means they are getting seconds or subpar products that do not meet our brands, or other brands, quality checks. I am not speaking as a brand owner trying to say mine are better offering a sales pitch, I am literally telling you that the products they are selling are essentially counterfeit because they did not purchase them from an authorized dealer and are making claims that are simply not true such as saying that they are the same as everywhere else.

You said that the BearHugs seem to be identical to the Unicorns and Galactic V2, I am telling you they are not because I have worked with both factories and I know the materials they use. They are simalar in size but that doesn't mean they are the same or simalar in function, use, durability, or anything else.

well now I wish I didn't make this thread.

ABU nappies from ABU Australia aren't that expensive.

Including shipping mixed case of 40 SDK, Cushies, and simple Ultra cost me about $160NZD so only $4 per nappie. Not bad considering they all hold over 4500ml

Back